Street Fighter 6 - 92 on Metacritic

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

Damm 6 years already. Time really flies. Still haven't had much time for SFV

You didn't miss much bro, SF5 still boring as hell even with all the updates. Hopefully SF6 will raise the bar again just like SF4 did!

5 minutes ago, ScyMantis said:

Marvel vs Capcom 4? 1f635.png

Too early bro! :D 

Damn, Street Fighter 6 ? Featuring Ryu from Fortnite? About time! 

Jokes aside... Please make it good from the first try this time Capcom ? don't want to wait 2 seasons until they release a mad fun character again. Given the quality of the last seasons, I should not worry, but Capcom has sometimes the talent of shooting itself in the foot. 

• Like 3

IMO the Street Fighter series peaked with SF3 3rd Strike. While SF4 is not too bad, SF5 is the nadir of this series. So, my hopes for SF6 aren't high. KOF XV I care much more about... and it's coming right up. There will be a couple of extra character passes (Southtown and Garou), but at least they're not abusing paywalls like Capcom did. Capcom held a lot of characters back to get more money from you later.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

IMO the Street Fighter series peaked with SF3 3rd Strike. While SF4 is not too bad, SF5 is the nadir of this series. So, my hopes for SF6 aren't high. KOF XV I care much more about... and it's coming right up. There will be a couple of extra character passes (Southtown and Garou), but at least they're not abusing paywalls like Capcom did. Capcom held a lot of characters back to get more money from you later.

110% agree with this sentiment. 3rd Strike, personally, is the peak of fighters in general. I was fortunate enough to play it in arcades in its heyday here in NYC, as they had it in a few locations in Chinatown. Everything about the game, from the pacing, to the unrivaled sprite animation, the music, and overall feel of the game is far and beyond all other non-chain combo fighters, save for KoF13, in my opinion.

If SF6 really does get announced, all I want is for them to return to SF3-style character designs. Just hire the guy who did the 3rd Strike character select portraits and design 3D models based on that. Hell, bring back Hideki Okugawa to compose the soundtrack too! The nickle-and-diming with character releases sucks but that's the reality we live in at this day and age.

On 02/15/22 at 1:38 PM, grimydawg___ said:

Hopefully, if it is Street Fighter 6, it'll launch much better than 5.  There's still more content to be released though.   Maybe Resident Evil?  I know there's supposed to be more content for VIIIage 

I agree, Their was a random twitter post that showed images of 4 Resident evil games for some reason it stopped at 4. Also the countdown numbers look very similar to Resident evil village, I don't think its a street fighter game the numbers and background don't match with the countdown numbers.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:44 PM, SegaJAM said:

If SF6 really does get announced, all I want is for them to return to SF3-style character designs. Just hire the guy who did the 3rd Strike character select portraits and design 3D models based on that. Hell, bring back Hideki Okugawa to compose the soundtrack too! The nickle-and-diming with character releases sucks but that's the reality we live in at this day and age.

Yes. This is what I'd like from a SF6.. Hopefully they can find a way to render Twelve in 3D, complete with the X.C.O.P.Y. super art. I loved watching someone give Gill a taste of his own medicine in 3rd Strike.

• Like 1