PS5 Separate Trophy list/save file auto pop?

WizdogC

2 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

Why would you even skip cutscenes in such story heavy game? ? 

He speed runs games for one thing.  People who do speed runs don't like playing games that force you to watch cut scenes over and over again.  Plus this game isn't really that good.  take every single bug out and it's still nothing overly special.  It's not awful from a story perspective but it isn't something the average person wants to see again and again.   Some people game for gameplay only as well.  I've only followed the story in a select few games, Like last of us or telltale games.  I'm mainly there for the gameplay.  Skipping cutscenes is almost a certainty if the game will allow. 

• Like 1

It's kinda fun watching every other post alternate between 'there is no auto-pop' and 'I just had an auto-pop'. Kinda wonder what would happen if someone loaded a file, got a random auto-pop, deleted that file, reloaded it from cloud. Would it just keep popping random trophies? Sounds like a fun test. How far can you break the supposedly fixed broken game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Seems that way.  On PSN there are only two trophies and the platinum that are 0.0% so people have obviously auto-popped the endings and stuff too.  Maybe a save just after you had got the trophy in the PS4 version makes it pop on PS5.  Then in theory saves just before you would get a trophy should pop finishing the requirement.  

Managed to get three to unlock reloading manual saves I had during my previous run.

I don't have an opinion about auto-pop platinums, one way or the other. But, I'm sure there's many players like me that put a quite a few hours into the game before shelving it to wait for more substantial patches and the PS5 upgrade. Personally, I don't want to return to the PS4 version, so I'm disappointed it's a separate trophy list. Guess the PS4 version will remain forever incomplete on my trophy list.

20 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Anybody know if cutscenes/dialogue can be skipped better now or is it still a case that we must watch everything still no matter what playthrough we are on??

Thanks ;)

Not sure how different it is as I haven't played the PS4 version, but there's an option that skip dialogue either skips one line or all of them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, talkingwires said:

I don't have an opinion about auto-pop platinums, one way or the other. But, I'm sure there's many players like me that put a quite a few hours into the game before shelving it to wait for more substantial patches and the PS5 upgrade. Personally, I don't want to return to the PS4 version, so I'm disappointed it's a separate trophy list. Guess the PS4 version will remain forever incomplete on my trophy list.

I am in a similar situation.  I have only 7 trophies in the PS4 version, & I prefer to play the PS5 version.  I guess I'll start from scratch on PS5 and go from there.  Maybe sometime in the future I'll revisit the PS4 version for platinum, but it won't be a high priority (I'm not one of the OCD-types that has to have 100% trophy completion on every single game).

5 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Thank fucking god. I didn't want to launch the game and get another platinum. Really wanted to play the game again.

Forbid you could’ve started a new save file and avoided auto pop opposed to loading your old save file for auto pop. Oh wait…. Lmfao some of y’all make no sense whatsoever.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 4

I've got a few save files from the PS4 version, hoping I can pop a few of the more obnoxious trophies with minimal effort. I don't particularly care about an auto-pop, I'd just like to play the game again, not worrying about the cookiecutter side quests. And making my own decisions instead of being beholden to a somewhat golden path.

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

This is separate from the PS4 version. And there's no auto-pop because:

Note that as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained in backward compatibility will not be transferred.

Source: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

The SKU is about the same reason they gave for the Witcher 3 Complete edition and why saves and trophies didn't transfer. Some devs get it sorted while others don't. Auto-pop works find with Nioh 1/2 on PS5. It doesn't bother me but it feels like an excuse. 

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Anybody know if cutscenes/dialogue can be skipped better now or is it still a case that we must watch everything still no matter what playthrough we are on??

Thanks ;)

I thought you could always skip cutscenes and dialogue in the game. The only exception was when being driven around by a NPC/Questgiver. The drive couldn't be skipped but that was patched way back last year sometime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarryNinetyFour said:

it likely needs them on a fresh save, or it’s completely glitched. Same with me. Craft 3 Legendary and all the kill trophies don’t unlock either on a completed save. 

I have Master Crafter (craft 3 legendaries ) but had to reload the manual save before I obtained the trophy the first time. Didn't take long since I played as a tech wizard anyway and had a ton of resources. Just needed to level up once to gain access to the craft legndaries perk which I did by completing River's quest line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I have Master Crafter (craft 3 legendaries ) but had to reload the manual save before I obtained the trophy the first time. Didn't take long since I played as a tech wizard anyway and had a ton of resources. Just needed to level up once to gain access to the craft legndaries perk which I did by completing River's quest line.

Yeah, after reading this thread, the key seems to be that there's no full trophy list auto-pop but you can use strategic PS4 manual saves to partially "auto-pop" PS5 trophies.

I got the prologue trophy in the PS4 version and decided to wait until the game was patched to finish the plat. Sounds like I should start with PS4, and before I earn a trophy, make a manual save and transfer it to PS5. Then in each version, pop the trophy?

Edit: I wonder if a PS4 manual save right before the final mission and then completing the final mission on PS5 would pop all the PS5 story-related trophies ?

Edited by purlinka

10 minutes ago, purlinka said:

Yeah, after reading this thread, the key seems to be that there's no full trophy list auto-pop but you can use strategic PS4 manual saves to partially "auto-pop" PS5 trophies.

I got the prologue trophy in the PS4 version and decided to wait until the game was patched to finish the plat. Sounds like I should start with PS4, and before I earn a trophy, make a manual save and transfer it to PS5. Then in each version, pop the trophy?

Can confirm this works. Aside from Frequent Flyer which is currently bugged again.

34 minutes ago, purlinka said:

Edit: I wonder if a PS4 manual save right before the final mission and then completing the final mission on PS5 would pop all the PS5 story-related trophies 1f914.png

Not for me, it didn't ,  but then I haven't downloaded the latest patch. There is an extra patch to the PS5 download but I don't want to install it just in case it bugs trophies. I never had any problem obtaining the platinum the first time round and  I would very much like to keep it that way!

I gotta be honest, I literally downloaded to see if I'd auto pop the platinum. Nothing popped and I offloaded the game. I will 100% be coming back eventually but with Horizon only 2 days away there was just no point trying to play this right now. I don't think I have it in me to complete each area on my 2nd playthrough for the platinum since it almost kind of broke me the first time w/how tedious it was to do by the end. I kind of wish this was like when I put in the Legacy of Thieves collection and I had all the collectibles and only some miscellaneous trophies left over that I could do on a normal playthrough of the game.

I do have a ton of saves though, maybe if I have some where the grind wouldn't be much then I'll just do the districts and finish the game as a casual playthrough, that would be the only way I'd platinum this baby again lol

Edited by PandemicOdin