PS5 Separate Trophy list/save file auto pop?

WizdogC

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

How have people not learned this yet? It's been over a year now.

There are exception to the rule, though. Spider-Man (PS4) to Spider-Man Remastered (PS5) comes to mind. You could literally auto-pop the entire platinum, as well as the season pass content. I think there were just 2 trophies that didn't pop, and they were in a DLC trophy list that was new to the remastered version.

1 minute ago, purlinka said:

There are exception to the rule, though. Spider-Man (PS4) to Spider-Man Remastered (PS5) comes to mind. You could literally auto-pop the entire platinum, as well as the season pass content. I think there were just 2 trophies that didn't pop, and they were in a DLC trophy list that was new to the remastered version.

Yeah and you can auto-pop Ghost of Tsushima too. That wasn't what I was talking about though.

People on here still seem to think that when a PS5 game comes out, it will share the same trophy list as the PS4 version. Which isn't and never will be true.

17 minutes ago, Voland44 said:

from PS4 save transfer seamless. but... anyone know, its possible to transfer saves to back to PS4?

Most likely not.

AFAIK, this game (and many other newer games e.g. Ghost of Tsushima DC) uses PS5 SDK feature* which allows the PS5 game to read save file of another PS4 game.

The same feature is not available to developers in PS4 SDK (and also PS4 can't even store PS5 saves).

(* This feature was not available at the beginning when PS5 came out, hence games like Spiderman use custom-built cloud transfer.)

Edited by HusKy

1 hour ago, LEGEND_SPARDA said:

can you try and update us ?

It'll be a long time, but a friend tells me that some cumulative trophies won't unlock this way (99/100 -> 100/100 trophy trigger doesn't work, you have to get all 100 again).

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

Well for me not a single trophy will auto pop. I have a full list of manual and auto saves and tried them all. Strangely, to me at least, any save would load fine but if I tried to import any save it always said that save was corrupted. Looks like I will need to do another complete run to get the ps5 platinum to add to the ps4 one. Hopefully I don't get the same bug and find one car in a side quest and another purchasable car do not spawn. The only way I rectified that was loading a save that was 60 hours back in play time. I did enjoy the game though despite the crashes etc, hopefully ps5 version is more stable, but I doubt it. 

"introducing the following requests, but at the moment we don't have any details to share:

-PS4/PS5 Trophies Transfer
-Raising FPS cap on Xbox Series S

For the two above, we are investigating our options but don't know if this will be possible and, if so, in the case of trophies, if it could happen retroactively."

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/currently-investigated-issues-last-updated-16-02-2022-patch-1-5.11098819/

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cloemoester said:

I don’t mind playing again, but I loaded up a old save file to get some collectibles again. the tarot cards trophy popped for me when I got them all again. But the frequent flyer trophy did not after activating them all again :(

i think this trophy is bugged sadly i can't unlock it aswell (even after exploring all the 150 points fresh..... and it seems like there is at least one more person as of now who has the same problem like both of us have right now

3 hours ago, sasastanic11 said:

i think this trophy is bugged sadly i can't unlock it aswell (even after exploring all the 150 points fresh..... and it seems like there is at least one more person as of now who has the same problem like both of us have right now

Its happening to Xbox players as well.

I didn’t have much luck unlocking trophies with my old saves, but I managed to unlock Autojock so at least I don’t have to grind eddies. 

For some reason though I only have one manual save file from right at the end of the game, and a handful of auto saves from the very beginning of the game. I don’t know why the cloud didn’t have more since I probably had at least 10 manual saves that I was using throughout the game. 

I asked & got a refund after 15h on the PS4 Version, I was so disappointed . 

I will not buy this now for 2 reasons: 

1. Horizon Forbidden West.

2. I will wait for a deep sale because they don't deserve a full price purchase.

Hopefully everyonewho buys it will enjoy it and have a SMOOTH experience :)

Edited by shlomaniac

6 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

I asked & got a refund after 15h on the PS4 Version, I was so disappointed . 

I will not buy this now for 2 reasons: 

1. Horizon Forbidden West.

2. I will wait for a deep sale because they don't deserve a full price purchase.

Hopefully everyonewho buys it will enjoy it and have a SMOOTH experience :)

It’s been $10 countless times already, so the deep discount has been there.

Please help me understand.

I have the PS4 version plat via backwards compatibility with PS5. I have a save file after having 100% of the trophies.

If I transfer that 100% save file and begin playing the PS5 updated version, will trophies start unlocking as I play (for example combat trophies)? Because if this happens I prefer not playing my save file and start the PS5 version on another account.

By the way the excuse about no auto pop is ridiculous to say the least. Tons of games offer auto pop, Spiderman games, FFVII intergrade, Tsushima, Death Stranding... the list goes on.

There is literally no excuse not to include a trophy autopop, much less when we talk about cyberpunk a 100+ hour game with missable trophies included...

Anyways if someone can help clarify this for me I will appreciate it. Thanks

38 minutes ago, Valkyre4 said:

Please help me understand.

I have the PS4 version plat via backwards compatibility with PS5. I have a save file after having 100% of the trophies.

If I transfer that 100% save file and begin playing the PS5 updated version, will trophies start unlocking as I play (for example combat trophies)? Because if this happens I prefer not playing my save file and start the PS5 version on another account.

By the way the excuse about no auto pop is ridiculous to say the least. Tons of games offer auto pop, Spiderman games, FFVII intergrade, Tsushima, Death Stranding... the list goes on.

There is literally no excuse not to include a trophy autopop, much less when we talk about cyberpunk a 100+ hour game with missable trophies included...

Anyways if someone can help clarify this for me I will appreciate it. Thanks

Nothing unlocks automatically aside from The Jungle trophy (probably not intended). Everything else you must either have saved BEFORE obtaining the trophy, or do it from scratch. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, zurin said:

Nothing unlocks automatically aside from The Jungle trophy (probably not intended). Everything else you must either have saved BEFORE obtaining the trophy, or do it from scratch. 

Thank you for this. So I guess there is a high chance that something will eventually autopop as I play the PS5 version which kinda sucks for me.

In regards generally to the autopop discussion, I dont why so many people dont like this. Folks look, this is a huge game, that demands a huge time to complete and on top of that it has missable trophies. I dont know about you, but finding an extra 100-150 hours to re-plat a game is not convenient nor a well spent time.

Even if the game included an autopop feature, nobody forces you to import a save... I mean if you do intend to replay it, I guess you dont really care about importing a save, so that is no problem for anyone. Simply make a new game and voila.

The problem is that auto pop is useful especially when you know that this game is getting some huge expansions along the way. I have the game plat on PS4 and it will be annoying to have on my trophy list a ps4 version plat and a ps5 version with just the expansion 100%...

I know it is OCD, but ok, wthis is psn profiles, I think we all have a thing or two with these things, or at least quite a few of us do.

So yes, autopop doesnt force anyone to use it, and it allows people with limited time, to be able to play the expansions via transferring all the work they done on ps4. Companies need to respect people's time a bit more. Especially when we are talking about games with the kind of magnitude of Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valkyre4 said:

Thank you for this. So I guess there is a high chance that something will eventually autopop as I play the PS5 version which kinda sucks for me.

In regards generally to the autopop discussion, I dont why so many people dont like this. Folks look, this is a huge game, that demands a huge time to complete and on top of that it has missable trophies. I dont know about you, but finding an extra 100-150 hours to re-plat a game is not convenient nor a well spent time.

Even if the game included an autopop feature, nobody forces you to import a save... I mean if you do intend to replay it, I guess you dont really care about importing a save, so that is no problem for anyone. Simply make a new game and voila.

The problem is that auto pop is useful especially when you know that this game is getting some huge expansions along the way. I have the game plat on PS4 and it will be annoying to have on my trophy list a ps4 version plat and a ps5 version with just the expansion 100%...

I know it is OCD, but ok, wthis is psn profiles, I think we all have a thing or two with these things, or at least quite a few of us do.

So yes, autopop doesnt force anyone to use it, and it allows people with limited time, to be able to play the expansions via transferring all the work they done on ps4. Companies need to respect people's time a bit more. Especially when we are talking about games with the kind of magnitude of Cyberpunk.

I think that for this particular game, the autopop would be great for a good amount of people that kinda gave up on finishing it when it came out because it was so poorly optimized.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 0:33 PM, Hayabusa85 said:

It supports PS4 saves and when I loaded up one of my saves it did auto-pop The Jungle trophy.  Only trophy that popped though.  Going to try and load other saves.  But there is some element of auto-pop.

EDIT: Loaded another save and Ten out of Ten auto-popped.

The Jungle auto popped for me to. I also noticed despite me previously completing every side quest in the game a lot of old sidequests popped up in my journal. I drove to one of them that said collect your reward but it led to my vault in my apartment. I'm willing to bet some of the other trophies just need a nudge to get them to auto pop by driving to different locations possibily just collecting a reward.

On 15/02/2022 at 10:09 AM, Suicide_Tortuga said:

I really miss the days of games having a shared trophy list between platforms. 

Some trophy hunters are now getting used to the idea of doing the trophies once and getting two platinums for it

well, i agree. I have Ragalla edition for horizon. and physical ps5 for shelving purpose. I plan to play ps5 version first..THEN ps4. i COULD just do ps4 and probably autopop but the ps5 version looks much better. So why rob myself of that epic first experience. 

I am glad cyberpunk didnt have autopop. I can play the ps5 version. Leave the ps4 version at my 1% as a reminder of a game doomed at launch that bounced back.

to each their own 

On 2/16/2022 at 0:28 PM, XXIIlII said:

"introducing the following requests, but at the moment we don't have any details to share:

-PS4/PS5 Trophies Transfer
-Raising FPS cap on Xbox Series S

For the two above, we are investigating our options but don't know if this will be possible and, if so, in the case of trophies, if it could happen retroactively."

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/currently-investigated-issues-last-updated-16-02-2022-patch-1-5.11098819/

Thanks for sharing this. It sucks because I was hoping to autopop this and save me some time. I'm already committed to this Tiny Tina dlc playthrough for the third time ?

• Like 1

Has anyone actually managed to go to an old save, redo something before a trophy needed unlocking and have it actually unlock? From what I can tell, either I was really stupid the first time I played this game or there are UI improvements particularly w/you actually being able to just have crimes only show up on the map instead of me circling forever to look for them. I will say, it does look and feel like a huge improvement over the game I played last year so that part is encouraging.

I kind of wish that when we got to send our saves to PS5 versions of the game, that it would give the trophies or collectibles by the end but all the story stuff we'd have to unlock again. Uncharted Legacy of Thieves is a good example of that for me personally where all the trophies didn't unlock but most of them did especially the treasures, so I can just B-Line the story and not have to ruin the flow of my gameplay because I'm looking at a guide for the collectibles. The stuff that didn't unlock, I can just do as I'm playing the game and go out of my way a little bit just to get it. 

22 minutes ago, PandemicOdin said:

Has anyone actually managed to go to an old save, redo something before a trophy needed unlocking and have it actually unlock? From what I can tell, either I was really stupid the first time I played this game or there are UI improvements particularly w/you actually being able to just have crimes only show up on the map instead of me circling forever to look for them. I will say, it does look and feel like a huge improvement over the game I played last year so that part is encouraging.

I kind of wish that when we got to send our saves to PS5 versions of the game, that it would give the trophies or collectibles by the end but all the story stuff we'd have to unlock again. Uncharted Legacy of Thieves is a good example of that for me personally where all the trophies didn't unlock but most of them did especially the treasures, so I can just B-Line the story and not have to ruin the flow of my gameplay because I'm looking at a guide for the collectibles. The stuff that didn't unlock, I can just do as I'm playing the game and go out of my way a little bit just to get it. 

Yes it's what Ive done thanks to the nature of the PS4 version and it's limited money and having to save do something to unlock a trophy then reverting technically all of my end game saves are clean of having to pop said trophies so it's pretty well set up so I'm extremely rich and so I just loaded a ps4 save went about unlocking the trophy and popping it it's how I got most of the trophies that should be late game like the one for second heart, the ones requiring the use of berserk ect

Although the ten out of ten trophy they nerfed so I you happen to have the previous version of the PS4 version pre latest patch that would definitely help there if your going for the fast afk method

Edited by Taliesin_2943