PS5 Separate Trophy list/save file auto pop?

WizdogC

On 2/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, OTPYG said:

… what was stopping you from playing the game again if they did auto pop?

On 2/15/2022 at 6:10 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Forbid you could’ve started a new save file and avoided auto pop opposed to loading your old save file for auto pop. Oh wait…. Lmfao some of y’all make no sense whatsoever.

It's not the same thing as earning them again.
I know... a lot of trophy hunters only care about getting more trophies, and if there's no work involved, even better. The funniest thing is that these people look down on those who want an extra reason to replay a game, and don't understand how auto pop trophies would deflate SOME of that reason.

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It's not the same thing as earning them again.
I know... a lot of trophy hunters only care about getting more trophies, and if there's no work involved, even better. The funniest thing is that these people look down on those who want an extra reason to replay a game, and don't understand how auto pop trophies would deflate SOME of that reason.

Lol!

Srsly? Do you also need child security system to not look up bad stuff online?

Ever heard of self discipline?

I’d love to auto pop them but I’m also not crying around if it wouldn’t be possible (but I’d srsly love it)

IMO there is no downside to autopopping and especially not “I cannot play the game again ‘cause then I’d rather get all trophies in an instant”. 
Are you 12?

Edited by IncreaseDark2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IncreaseDark2 said:

Lol!

Srsly? Do you also need child security system to not look up bad stuff online?

Ever heard of self discipline?

I’d love to auto pop them but I’m also not crying around if it wouldn’t be possible (but I’d srsly love it)

IMO there is no downside to autopopping and especially not “I cannot play the game again ‘cause then I’d rather get all trophies in an instant”. 
Are you 12?

There is a downside to autopopping. People that have been waiting over a year for this version of the game have less reason to go through the game again if they already own the PS4 platinum. I'm sure you're aware that there are a ton of people that only play games strictly for trophies. And what happens when they get all those trophies? Why, they play the next game that has trophies. No reason to return to play through a game again when you have auto pop! How is this difficult to comprehend? Child security system? Self discipline? What the absolute hell are you on about? And I'm the twelve year old!

Trophy hunters are really going downhill, it seems. So many fragile egos getting torn up over an opinion that doesn't agree with auto pop.

Also, please point out where I said “I cannot play the game again ‘cause then I’d rather get all trophies in an instant”. I guess that's what you CHOSE to interpret from my words. But what I actually said was: "Thank fucking god. I didn't want to launch the game and get another platinum. Really wanted to play the game again."

Educate yourself before you try to belittle other people. :)

You know, calling someone a minor is a pretty weak excuse to find fault in one's opinion. You know what's worse than someone being young? Being hilariously ignorant. Congrats!

• Like 2

On 22.2.2022 at 1:27 AM, Valyrious said:

There is a downside to autopopping. People that have been waiting over a year for this version of the game have less reason to go through the game again if they already own the PS4 platinum. I'm sure you're aware that there are a ton of people that only play games strictly for trophies. And what happens when they get all those trophies? Why, they play the next game that has trophies. No reason to return to play through a game again when you have auto pop! How is this difficult to comprehend? Child security system? Self discipline? What the absolute hell are you on about? And I'm the twelve year old!

Trophy hunters are really going downhill, it seems. So many fragile egos getting torn up over an opinion that doesn't agree with auto pop.

Also, please point out where I said “I cannot play the game again ‘cause then I’d rather get all trophies in an instant”. I guess that's what you CHOSE to interpret from my words. But what I actually said was: "Thank fucking god. I didn't want to launch the game and get another platinum. Really wanted to play the game again."

You know, calling someone a minor is a pretty weak excuse to find fault in one's opinion. You know what's worse than someone being young? Being hilariously ignorant. Congrats!

What the hell?

IF it would be like that and you would by only starting the game receive the platinum then I’d totally understand. But generally this would only happen under the permission that you would transfer your save and upload it on the PS5 version. 

If you don’t want to have it platinumed then just don’t transfer the save? I don’t get it?

Edited by IncreaseDark2
  • Like 1

Apparently for some people it is really really really hard to understand that most people dont have 100 hours of free time just there waiting for them...

The game will feature huge expansions. Asking people to earn again all their trophies in the new version, while transferring their previous save file is beyond ridiculous. 

• Like 4

On 2/15/2022 at 1:09 PM, Suicide_Tortuga said:

I really miss the days of games having a shared trophy list between platforms. 

Some trophy hunters are now getting used to the idea of doing the trophies once and getting two platinums for it

While that may true in some instances, this isn't necessarily the problem here. Speaking for myself, I don't expect two platinums for the work of one, but I also don't want to have to do redo a game that I've already completed (well I don't HAVE to, but it's irritating not to for most of us trophy hunters) just because I want to play the upgrade. So I do in fact agree that shared trophy lists are great.

If not though, I see no reason to not have the trophies you've already achieved pop. FFXIV is one that really annoys me because I've gone through all of the trouble to do the Savage fights (at launch even) and now have to find people willing to run old Savage content just to trigger the trophy. It's quite silly, really.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:27 PM, Valyrious said:

While I disagree with the rhetoric of the guy that responded to you, I do think it's rather odd to NOT desire autopop in order to incentivize you to replay a game. Wouldn't you rather replay a game simply for its intrinsic enjoyment? Like whatever enjoyment you get going for the trophies, you can still get it by performing those same tasks; the only difference is the lack of a short dopamine release that lasts for like 10sec, big whoop. I don't understand that lol. If all you're looking for are those dopamine releases, you may as well just play another game, no?