Question before I start

Does anyone know if you have to complete the episode first and then collectible mode will unlock? I know In the original life is strange, whenever the game saves, collectible mode will always be unlocked. 

Players in the 100% club “fastest archivers” got under 2 hours, whenever your in the last checkpoint, you can exit the game and then speedrun the photos to get fast time in the original.

does anyone know if this works on the remastered version? Thanks.

I wasn't paying attention to when Collectible Mode unlocked in my playthrough (I just knew I had it after I beat the chapter), but I think the biggest obstacle to that fastest 100% method now is that you have to complete a chapter before starting the next one. 

Looking at the 1:30 100% playthrough, it looked like in the original, you were able to play any chapter from the main menu. So when you were about to finish Chapter 1, exit the game before you unlocked the trophy for completing Chapter 1, then play Chapter 2, and repeat until Chapter 5. That way, you could time your first trophy to occur after you have completed most of the game.

In the Remaster, I'm fairly certain you have to complete Chapter 1 to the end (including getting the trophy for it) before you could start Chapter 2, similarly to how True Colors works. I haven't tried backing out right before the trophy unlocks, so somebody could correct me if I'm wrong.