Where's the point of no return for collectible clean ups?

Hey guys, just started playing this game curious about how to approach my 100% run. I'm my first run (playing as Simon) on normal mode, which is the mode where I'd like to get the 100%. I know that I will have to play the game at least two more times for the trophies to beat the game on hardest difficulty and for the speedrun, which I will definitely make two sepperate playthroughs. The thing is, I don't want to bother with 100% neither on hardest nor on a speedrun, while also not wanting to do a fourth playthrough. Also I'd like to have all upgrades ready for my higher difficulty run.

So my problem is, this being a first playthrough, which I'm approaching blindly because I don't want to be spoiled about the story. That means, I'm worried to get into a point of no return, after which I won't be able to do any backtracking anymore in this current playthrough. So I was wondering if anyone could give me a spoiler free piece of advice, when I should start doing the clean up, in each of the three campaigns.

For referance, I've just gotten the battle cross for Simon and found the very first teleportation device. Shall I start backtracking now or do I need to unlock even more things until it is recommended to do start going for 100%? Feedback would be grately appreciated.