Meg will not give me Battie

mstimac

I'm finally at a breaking point I think with this game.  I've maxed everyones hearts, everyones expect Meg.  I have 220 runs at this point. high heat averages with every weapon, all character entries completed, all keepsakes maxed.   The only thing holding me back from the platinum is battie.  She has not even appeared in my room for the first time. even in the louge if she appears, she has nothing to ever say to me now for hours. I have done run after run off just the fury sisters, fury with extreme measures, full game runs. I am lost. I am honestly thinking I can only now get this if I completely restart my file.

She takes forever to do what you want. Sometimes she talking to someone else so you can’t talk to her or she doesn’t even spawn in the temple after a run. I started doing her “quest” early and I got it after 130 runs roughly. I started a new run killed furies and died in lava afterwards. Fastest way to get her to spawn. 

I also had extreme measures 1 enabled. After she had visited my bedroom TWICE I could finally give the final Ambrosia and get Batty. But it took forever and before she appeared in my bedroom there were many times when she didn’t even have any more dialogue for me. It’s seems totally random as to when she will appear in you bedroom. Remember to talk to everyone in the temple just in case it matters. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Try utilize save backup. Save after the meg boss fight at level 2 beginning realm. Reload if meg does not come to your room. I had meg visit me after the second reload so I think it works. There should be two mandatory conversations after that with one about having feelings for her and another one about Meg and Dusa talking to each other. Then Meg showed up in my room the second time. I reloaded save another time for Meg to give her the ambrosia for batty.

• 3 months later...

Oh hey look kindred souls! I also have done hundreds of runs, maxed everyone else, and Meg continues to cold shoulder me. I will try the save backup tactic and see if that finally gets her to do anything. This is the last trophy I have and every run that ends in lava, with her not showing up in Zagreus' room, reminds me more and more of the futility of existence. I feel my life actively slipping away with every run being a waste of time. JUST SPAWN ALREADY. 

Okay I can somewhat tentatively confirm, that after about 20 runs without Extreme Measures on with Meg constantly spawning and having 0 dialog, then turning it on, after 1 run she spawned with something to say, and 1 run later was in my room. I know the wiki says you don't need Extreme Measures for this to progress but I'm firmly in the camp of thats a load of BS. I finally got the damn Chthonic companion and will not be playing a roguelite for a while.

Cheers