Lonemankane

Underdome crashing fixed with new update?

12 posts in this topic

So a new update came out and well I was doing the rounds and once I got to wave 4  of round 20 about to get to get the last 5ish kills the game crashed and want to know if the game is still messing up or is it starting to bug less getting theres trophies. just want to know and yeah.

 

Also like to know if there is any way to fix this as I can't find a good idea of how to make this easier as I don't want to get to 20 again for it to crash would like to know if picking up the guns that pop up once the round is over lessens the lag

Edited by Lonemankane
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine crashed on the same wave, and also crashed on another arena 2.5 hours in.  So much for "general bug fixes" in the patch.

 

I managed to complete one last night by using a x4 fire SMG and using the skip round exploit from the PS3 days. I managed to skip a few rounds that way, but certain bosses could not be insta-killed despite my main character being OP.

 

I played in split-screen with my alt, but apart from that took no other "precautions" as recommended on here or elsewhere as they seem to be just speculative fixes at best. 

 

I completed the first arena with no problems and had a full loadout, used my turret as Roland, spammed my grenades and used different weapons - all of which are not recommended to avoid crashing.

 

My first crash happened when I used a corrosive weapon exclusively, so there is no foolproof method to avoid crashing; I think luck has as much to play as the other methods advised. Good Luck!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you mean the 1.05 patch, then no it doesn't. All that did was patch in an advert for the upcoming Tiny Tina Spinoff.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2022 at 0:11 PM, HuntingFever said:

If you mean the 1.05 patch, then no it doesn't. All that did was patch in an advert for the upcoming Tiny Tina Spinoff.

damn that is bs I don't get that they patch it for just the tiny tina game.

 

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2022 at 11:11 AM, The_Slugkiller said:

Mine crashed on the same wave, and also crashed on another arena 2.5 hours in.  So much for "general bug fixes" in the patch.

 

I managed to complete one last night by using a x4 fire SMG and using the skip round exploit from the PS3 days. I managed to skip a few rounds that way, but certain bosses could not be insta-killed despite my main character being OP.

 

I played in split-screen with my alt, but apart from that took no other "precautions" as recommended on here or elsewhere as they seem to be just speculative fixes at best. 

 

I completed the first arena with no problems and had a full loadout, used my turret as Roland, spammed my grenades and used different weapons - all of which are not recommended to avoid crashing.

 

My first crash happened when I used a corrosive weapon exclusively, so there is no foolproof method to avoid crashing; I think luck has as much to play as the other methods advised. Good Luck!

I finally got them done but yeah was not fun and still having problems on this game in terms of the claptrap items

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lonemankane said:

damn that is bs I don't get that they patch it for just the tiny tina game.

 

I finally got them done but yeah was not fun and still having problems on this game in terms of the claptrap items

All of the Borderlands games (except for Tales) got the same Tiny Tina Advert update at the same time and they did the exact same thing for BL3 when that was announced.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The POS game will crash even when you're on PS5. I go through the lesser challenges -- finally! -- after using a lvl 6 corrosive bloodwing and a lvl 4 fire machine pistol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reached wave 15 and 19 with both crashing with the same bug. Playing on the ps5 making me think I could avoid this crashing issue but clearly I was wrong. I tried playing the game with no WiFi on and had my lobby settings on offline which didn't work for me either

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wernothere said:

Reached wave 15 and 19 with both crashing with the same bug. Playing on the ps5 making me think I could avoid this crashing issue but clearly I was wrong. I tried playing the game with no WiFi on and had my lobby settings on offline which didn't work for me either

The only way to reduce the chances of a crash, is to use weapons that will completely vaporise the enemies so there are no body parts lying around to cause a memory leak.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only way to reduce the chances of a crash, is to use weapons that will completely vaporise the enemies so there are no body parts lying around to cause a memory leak.


 

theres another way too.  
 

use those weapons by all means, but then get up to probably level 20….. then pause the game and leave it for about 6-8 hours, come back then go to level 24 or 25 and pause it over night.  
 

ypu should be able to finish. During the pause the corpses / body parts go away or at least most of them, and you should be able to finish. 
 

if you do thst and it crashes again , then start at like 15, do the pauses and it should work 

 

the last one took me 2 days to do with thst method but it worked 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The only way to reduce the chances of a crash, is to use weapons that will completely vaporise the enemies so there are no body parts lying around to cause a memory leak.

yeah originally i was using a shotgun with an element damage on it (X1) however my main is roland so made things a lot harder as the turret is great but also blows up everyone and body parts remain cluttering the floor. 

 

however my partner has found a method of doing this from a different forum working around things which has been working perfectly well. lilth seems to be best for this dlc, it's only level 51 but used an alt which is level 5. it's long way of doing it but she managed to do both Hell-burbia and The gully around 8 hours on and off 

 

To do this method is to have the brightness low, HDR off, Field of view to 60, and on game options everything off as well as audio. having the alt face down so it's less things to for the game to look at, using lilths phasewalker with phoenix and having a fire artifact for most enemies, course you have the fire psychos and skags just use corrosive guns on them  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, I managed to get this without crashing during and after in last 2 challenges - specifically I played all other content and had Siren at 68 with some decent legendary weapons (shotgun and fire rifle). Using level 6 corrosive and using the co-op trick to have host be my second profile. I didn’t do anything more than aim to kill most enemies with either my fire shield which seemed to glitch a lot setting them on fire and my l1 ability which was set to acid. Did crash on the first one as I loaded back to the underdome but luckily didn’t damage save or stop the finish all 3 trophy from popping. Doesn’t stop it being a long slog though - Gl to those who go for it!!

 

I also paused between rounds a few times with no impacts for multiple hours.

Edited by Arophous
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone wondering, the Underdome is still unstable. 

Game crashed on wave 3->4 on round 20... ... yeah. 

 

So far main advise is using fire or corrosive weapons, like everyone else is saying. 

 

But holy hell, this Underdome DLC combines the worst sins for such a game. Game crashes, no option to continue or autosave at least every 5 rounds.

And its sooooo boring. The same enemies for two hours. Again and again and again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.