Can I Continue on from my ps4 save and still earn trophies

hindzy0708

You can pick up where you left off, but trophies you earned during your PS4 playthrough will need to be unlocked again. This means that for one-off trophies, like completing story missions or unlocking all fast travel points, you'll have to circle back around and get them on a fresh playthrough. Some players are making use of strategic PS4 save files, created just before meeting the requirements for a particular trophy, and loading those up on their PS5s to unlock it there. But, if you don't have a bunch of strategic save files from your PS4 playthrough, I'd say it's better to just bite the bullet and start fresh. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

just to pick this topic fresh from the start because I don’t quite understand what does work and what does not. 

Can someone tell me which kind of trophies will be possible to pop, if you let’s say have a save game just before the last step before the needed requirement?

E. g. does it work for:

• the Gigs + Assault/NCPD Scanner trophies?

• the different endings? 
• the different storylines?

• the vehicles you have to buy?

• etc. 

I understand that there are some specific trophies that definitely have to be done freshly. Are these only the data terms and story missions trophies?

I hope someone can clarify this for me. I thank everyone in advance for any kind of help. ?

Edited by IncreaseDark2
  • Like 1

On 2022. 02. 26. at 9:35 PM, IncreaseDark2 said:

Hi there,

just to pick this topic fresh from the start because I don’t quite understand what does work and what does not. 

Can someone tell me which kind of trophies will be possible to pop, if you let’s say have a save game just before the last step before the needed requirement?

E. g. does it work for:

• the Gigs + Assault/NCPD Scanner trophies?

• the different endings? 
• the different storylines?

• the vehicles you have to buy?

• etc. 

I understand that there are some specific trophies that definitely have to be done freshly. Are these only the data terms and story missions trophies?

I hope someone can clarify this for me. I thank everyone in advance for any kind of help. 1f62c.png

You can continue your PS4 saves, however you need to repeat every action that leads to a specific trophy.

For example: you have to kill 300 people with guns, craft 3 legendary items, etc. AGAIN. 

If you have an endgame save (point of no return, or even later), you have to make the final decisions and go through the cutscenes to get the storyline trophies.

(Saving you much much time not grinding through fetch missions, though)

If you made a savepoint when you have just 1 NCPD to do from the disctrict, you will get the trophy just by completing that missing one.

If you bought half of the cars, you just have to buy the other half, not the whole list.

Other things to mention:

• Some save files might be bugged ab ovo.  For exaple: I tried shooting two policemen for "Two Heads, One Bullet" several times with no success.
    Then I loaded a much earlier save, did exactly the same and the trophy popped.

However still struggling with "The Quick and the Dead" as I clearly killed 60-70 people in one sitting, still no trophy.

• Sasquatch exploit no longer works with 1.5 patch.

• Santo Domingo district clearing is still a bit buggy.

Edited by yawran
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

From what I understand trying to unlock trophies with my ps4 saves, is if you met the requirements to unlock a trophy on a save file it will never unlock again.

For example, if I unlocked the quick and the dead trophy at level 36, I can't just hop on my level 50 character and start killing people, the trophy won't pop because I did it already.

Once I learned this, I hopped on my PS4 and looked at all the screenshots that got taken when I unlocked the trophy and wrote down what level I was in the picture.Now that I knew what level I was, I could load a save with a lower level and attempt the trophy, to which the trophy would unlock like normal.

I've had to do alot of jumping around, but so far by following these rules, everything has been unlocking normally and I've managed to get to 39% on my trophy progress after my first session. As for the story missions It might be more efficient to start over and speedrun them. I also need staislacski method on a fresh save, because I unlocked it at level 12 and I don't have any saves earlier then that.

Edited by VanDeaM

• 4 months later...

I should have read this thread first xD
I've been trying some combat trophies for a couple of hours but they don't come out. I loaded the save from PS4 "point of no return", I had already unlocked all the trophies, yet the two headshots with ONE sniper shot came out. But the grenade in the air or the three quick kills with a pistol do not.
So is this normal?

At this point I do them in a new game.

EDIT: ok, i unlocked other trophies related to actions in combat, the only ones that don't unlock are the two of the revolver/pistol. That of the 3 kills and that of the grenade in the air. I've tried both with the pistol and the revolver, whether slowing down time or not. They don't go out. I hope it's not a bug but then they come out in NG

Edited by Siriodorione

• 2 months later...

So if I have couple of strategic save files from PS4, like before assigning perk points (for specified kills trophies) or right before meeting with Hanako, I can use them to pop those trophies? I'm playing story and side missions normally, but just wanted to know if I don't have to worry about those perk and attribute points if I have save file from PS4.