kantera

Resolution or Performance mode?

85 posts in this topic

Which one did you choose to play this game? I'm in serious doubt :P

performance however im getting pretty big FPS drops when entering new areas and the only fix is to save, quit the game and open it back up

Probably performance, unless there's a 60fps ray tracing mode like Rift Apart and the Spider-Man games.

Even in performance mode this is possibly one of the best looking games I've ever seen so you may as well pick that to lock in a stable 60 fps. 

Performance. 60FPS is more important to me than 4K resolution. 30FPS just looks choppy on PS5 games these days after you've been playing with 60 for so long. Switching between the two, there is a visual difference, everything is much sharper in Resolution mode...but it's not like the game looks bad in Performance mode which is running in 1800p, so it's even above 2K. 30FPS just doesn't cut it anymore. It'll be nice when we can finally get to a day when we no longer have to choose though. 

Graphic mode, i was playing whole my life below even 30 fps on PC, so im totaly fine with 30 and fancy graphics. The only game i prefer performance mode is Demon's souls

I'm gonna go with Performance, though I tend to find 60FPS cutscenes to look wrong somehow, like they're on fast forward. If I could, I'd probably set it to gameplay-Performance and cutscenes to Resolution.

Had to go with resolution. I just feel like too much is lost because of the checkerboarding for the performance mode. Kinda wish Guerrilla went for a native 1440p over a checkerboard 1800p to hit 60fps.