Advice With Clearing Floors 9 - 12 Spiral Abyss

ErynRico

I just want to clear for the Trophy, getting 3 stars on each chamber I couldn't care less about. I've attempted a few times but can't get far, for this rotation (19.02.2022) I can only get to Floor 11 chamber 1, my DPS isn't high enough. I'm willing to spend as much time as necessary grinding weapons, levels, talents and decent artifacts but I need help actually putting together teams that will get the job done. Below is a list of the characters I currently have, their Constellation level as well as what Weapons I have, given that I am a F2P Free to play player I don't have any weapons from the Battle Pass or the Starglitter exchange, also I play very on and off so I have missed out on a lot of banners and events for guaranteed characters.

Characters:

5 Star:

Xiao - C0

Zhongli - C0

Traveler - C6 Ameno, Geo and Electro

Eula - C0

Keqing - C0

Yoimiya - C0

Yae Miko - C0

Alloy - C0

4 Star:

Dinoa - C3

Amber - C0

Barbara - C4

Razor - C2

Noelle - C1

Ningguang - C1

Rosaria - C0

Kaeya - C0

Beidou - C6

Lisa - C0

Xingqiu - C5

Xinyan - C3

Xiangling - C3

Yun Jin - C0

Kujou Sara - C1

Chongyun - C0

Yanfei - C4

Fischl - C0

Sucrose - C1

Weapons:

5 Star:

Skyward Pride

4 Star:

Prototype Rancour

Favonius Sword

The Flute

Sword of Descension

Lion's Roar

Oathsworn Eye

Favonius Codex

Mappa Mare

Sacrificial Fragments

Ddodoco Tales

The Widsith

Eye of Preception

Snow-Tombed Starsilver

The Bell

Favonius Greatsword

Prototype Archaic

Whiteblind

Rainslasher

The Stringless

Rust

Favonius Warbow

Sacrificial Bow

Compound Bow

Predator

Dragonspine Spear

Favonius Lance

Crescent Pike

Prototype Starglitter

Dragon's Bane

3 Star: Black Tassel (For Zhongli)

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and help me out. ?

Edited by ErynRico

First and foremost, I see you don't have Bennett. The next time you see him on a a rate up banner or appear in the starglitter exchange. 
GET HIM
He's the best support in the game.

Based on your current roster, I would think you should build the following comps ( just my opinion btw)

Yoimiya - Rust - 4pc Shimenawa's Reminisce 

Xingqiu - Favonius Sword - 4pc Emblem of Severed Fate ( replace with sacrifical sword if you get it )
Yun Jin - Favonius Lance - 4pc Husk of Opulent Dreams or 2pc Emblem 2pc Husk

Zhongli - Black Tessel - 4pc Tenacity of the Millileth

Zhongli is your shield bot, Yun Jin's burst will buff Yoimiya's normal attacks, and Xingqiu's burst will let you reverse vape during Yoimiya's skill

Eula - Skyward Pride or Snow Tombed Starsilver - 4pc Pale Flame or 2pc Pale Flame 2pc Bloodstained Chivalry

Diona - Sacrifical Bow - 2pc Tenacity of the Millileth 2pc Ocean Hued Clam

Beidou - Prototype Archaic or Skyward Pride - 4pc Emblem or 2pc Noblesse Oblige 2pc Thundering Fury
Fischl - Rust or Stringless - 2pc Gladiators/Shiminewa 2pc Thundering Fury or 4pc TOTM

Eula is your main DPS, diona is your healer/shielder/battery for Eula, Fischl will battery Beidou and also help provide electro to superconduct and Beidou will sub dps with her burst and provide more electro to superconduct for Eula.

You could replace Fischl with Yae Miko, since she's a new character i'm not too sure of her potential.

Also look into the National Team which comprises of Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Flex. Its a great all around efficient comp for the spiral abyss

4 hours ago, ErynRico said:

I just want to clear for the Trophy, getting 3 stars on each chamber I couldn't care less about. I've attempted a few times but can't get far, for this rotation (19.02.2022) I can only get to Floor 11 chamber 1, my DPS isn't high enough. I'm willing to spend as much time as necessary grinding weapons, levels, talents and decent artifacts but I need help actually putting together teams that will get the job done. Below is a list of the characters I currently have, their Constellation level as well as what Weapons I have, given that I am a F2P Free to play player I don't have any weapons from the Battle Pass or the Starglitter exchange, also I play very on and off so I have missed out on a lot of banners and events for guaranteed characters.

Characters:

5 Star:

Xiao - C0

Zhongli - C0

Traveler - C6 Ameno, Geo and Electro

Eula - C0

Keqing - C0

Yoimiya - C0

Yae Miko - C0

Alloy - C0

4 Star:

Dinoa - C3

Amber - C0

Barbara - C4

Razor - C2

Noelle - C1

Ningguang - C1

Rosaria - C0

Kaeya - C0

Beidou - C6

Lisa - C0

Xingqiu - C5

Xinyan - C3

Xiangling - C3

Yun Jin - C0

Kujou Sara - C1

Chongyun - C0

Yanfei - C4

Fischl - C0

Sucrose - C1

Weapons:

5 Star:

Skyward Pride

4 Star:

Prototype Rancour

Favonius Sword

The Flute

Sword of Descension

Lion's Roar

Oathsworn Eye

Favonius Codex

Mappa Mare

Sacrificial Fragments

Ddodoco Tales

The Widsith

Eye of Preception

Snow-Tombed Starsilver

The Bell

Favonius Greatsword

Prototype Archaic

Whiteblind

Rainslasher

The Stringless

Rust

Favonius Warbow

Sacrificial Bow

Compound Bow

Predator

Dragonspine Spear

Favonius Lance

Crescent Pike

Prototype Starglitter

Dragon's Bane

3 Star: Black Tassel (For Zhongli)

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and help me out. 1f917.png

• Like 1

You have good assets. It's just that without Bennett, Venti, or Kazuha, it's kind of awkward to get them deployed.

Eula, Skyward Pride, Pale Flame

Fischl, Stringless, 2x thunderfury 2x any 18%ATK set

Beidou, akomaru (craftable), Severed Fate

Diona, Sacrificial Bow, Noblesse Oblige

Experiment with swapping the claymores — depending on who is more built, you may have more success giving Beidou the 5-star instead. Supplying energy to Eula and Beidou is a big focus with this team. Hit everyone's skills as much as possible, and train yourself to catch the particles with the right character.

Xiao, Blackcliff Pole (buy from starglitter shop), 2x VV, Gladiator, or SR (pick any 2)

Sucrose, Thrilling Tales, VV

Zhongli, Black Tassel, Tenacity

Flex spot

You are able to give Xiao his two favorite henchmen. If you can't or won't get the Blackcliff pole, give him the Favonius instead. Xingqiu with sac sword should get first crack at the flex spot. He adds significant damage and has a kind of mini-heal. He can be your Noblesse Oblige supplier. Could also try out Ningguang with Widsith for geo resonance and nuking.

Fish for the Catch and give it to Xiangling. You'll want to swap her in at times when the floor calls for pyro.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, ErynRico said:

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and help me out. 1f917.png

If you ever want help in Genshin you can feel free to add me, I can help run domains or bosses and give advice on sets, I'm also currently working on abyss, I'm stuck on 12-1, but have heard this current cycle is a bit easier than the last few which I hope is the case.

I dunno what I'm doing in my game I e upgraded everything and everyone I have as best I can and I still struggle on the most basic of enemies and fights it's like the game constantly makes itself twice as strong I've made my main character and I can't even get passed the second level cap mission

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:48 PM, Dead Weight said:

First and foremost, I see you don't have Bennett. The next time you see him on a a rate up banner or appear in the starglitter exchange. 
GET HIM
He's the best support in the game.

Based on your current roster, I would think you should build the following comps ( just my opinion btw)

Yoimiya - Rust - 4pc Shimenawa's Reminisce 

Xingqiu - Favonius Sword - 4pc Emblem of Severed Fate ( replace with sacrifical sword if you get it )
Yun Jin - Favonius Lance - 4pc Husk of Opulent Dreams or 2pc Emblem 2pc Husk

Zhongli - Black Tessel - 4pc Tenacity of the Millileth

Zhongli is your shield bot, Yun Jin's burst will buff Yoimiya's normal attacks, and Xingqiu's burst will let you reverse vape during Yoimiya's skill

Eula - Skyward Pride or Snow Tombed Starsilver - 4pc Pale Flame or 2pc Pale Flame 2pc Bloodstained Chivalry

Diona - Sacrifical Bow - 2pc Tenacity of the Millileth 2pc Ocean Hued Clam

Beidou - Prototype Archaic or Skyward Pride - 4pc Emblem or 2pc Noblesse Oblige 2pc Thundering Fury
Fischl - Rust or Stringless - 2pc Gladiators/Shiminewa 2pc Thundering Fury or 4pc TOTM

Eula is your main DPS, diona is your healer/shielder/battery for Eula, Fischl will battery Beidou and also help provide electro to superconduct and Beidou will sub dps with her burst and provide more electro to superconduct for Eula.

You could replace Fischl with Yae Miko, since she's a new character i'm not too sure of her potential.

Also look into the National Team which comprises of Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Flex. Its a great all around efficient comp for the spiral abyss

Update:

I've followed your advice and am still in the process of building up these teams, as well as a Xiao team using Sucrose, Barbara (Until I get Bennett) and Zhongli. Plus a team using Yae Miko featuring Xingqiu, Sucrose and Barbara. I have been rolling on the Shogun re-run banner using my saved Premos and no Bennett so far, instead getting 3 Xinyan's, 1 Kujou Sara and a new addition to my roster Jean. Is it worth replacing her with someone or taking the time to build her up?

Going to wait till the next abyss rotation and give it a shot with everyone, cause the Blessing of the Moon right now (10/3/2022) is actual ass and only helps me on 1 of the teams. Thanks for the advice!!!

Jean is super fun to use, she was my first 5 star and I still use her on my main team. She's kind of a jack of all trades character: she can heal, do physical damage, and do anemo elemental application with her ult. I'm not sure about team building however, Spiral Abyss has intimidated me a bit so I might need to ask advice on the best team comp for myself too lol 

3 hours ago, ErynRico said:

Update:

I've followed your advice and am still in the process of building up these teams, as well as a Xiao team using Sucrose, Barbara (Until I get Bennett) and Zhongli. Plus a team using Yae Miko featuring Xingqiu, Sucrose and Barbara. I have been rolling on the Shogun re-run banner using my saved Premos and no Bennett so far, instead getting 3 Xinyan's, 1 Kujou Sara and a new addition to my roster Jean. Is it worth replacing her with someone or taking the time to build her up?

Going to wait till the next abyss rotation and give it a shot with everyone, cause the Blessing of the Moon right now (10/3/2022) is actual ass and only helps me on 1 of the teams. Thanks for the advice!!!

Jean is a great character for Xiao actually, she would be an anemo battery for Xiao and heal him as well. Pretty much Jean would cover the jobs that both Sucrose and Barbara would be doing. So your Xiao comp would be Xiao/Jean/Zhongli/Flex.  Flex could be Bennett if you get him as he would buff your attack, or another Geo character so that team would receive Geo Resonance such as Ningguang.

Xiao's preferred team comp iirc is Xiao/Jean/Albedo/Zhongli just for future reference.

On 3/3/2022 at 11:47 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I dunno what I'm doing in my game I e upgraded everything and everyone I have as best I can and I still struggle on the most basic of enemies and fights it's like the game constantly makes itself twice as strong I've made my main character and I can't even get passed the second level cap mission

What I would suggest is: go to the hardest domain you have access to, enter with your best/favorite team, and immediately quit. You will see a "mission failed" screen. Don't skip it — look at the red meters. They represent where each aspect of your characters is compared to what the game thinks you should have at this point. Any that are very low are probably what you need to work on.

a new addition to my roster Jean. Is it worth replacing her with someone or taking the time to build her up?

One big advantage is that she normally gets traditional ATK/anemo/crit artifacts, while Venti/Kaz/Sucrose want EM/EM/EM. So you can often gear Jean and another anemo support at the same time, because their needs have little overlap.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ErynRico said:

This game REALLY doesn't want me to have Bennett. I have now pulled Shogun before a single Bennett...

Bennet is alright but the real MVP is Kokomi. When I finished the last floor of the Abyss I only had Kokomi and Hu Tao. Kokomi is unkillable even on C0 if you get good artifacts, and if you got strong DPS units left to go with her: all the better.

Raiden is great too, I had her also on C0. I did use Bennet, he's an ok Healer but I could've never done it without Kokomi.

Update 2.0:

I have attempted the Abyss once more and can only make it to Floor 11 Chamber 3 part 1 before giving up. The wolves inflict me with a billion stacks of bleed and my HP melts away too fast before I can kill the 2 bigger ones. Back to grinding it is...

• 2 weeks later...
On 17-3-2022 at 1:54 PM, ErynRico said:

Update 2.0:

I have attempted the Abyss once more and can only make it to Floor 11 Chamber 3 part 1 before giving up. The wolves inflict me with a billion stacks of bleed and my HP melts away too fast before I can kill the 2 bigger ones. Back to grinding it is...

Corosion (the continuous damage from riff hounds) can not bring you down below 15%. If you farm some HP tenacity of the milith you can have a tank zhongli. all you need is HP% and HP too and since those are easy stats to roll into it easy to build him as tank. you also equip him with black tassel (3 star) for hp buff. If you switch him in every 12 seconds or so and do hold E to generate shield your team is unkillable.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that the current spiral abyss is much more reasonable to complete, saw this reddit post claiming they did it with no characters/weapons leveled past 40.

Since the current blessing deals extra damage after normal attacks and the Abyss Herald/Lectors aren't a DPS check but rather a Reaction Check requiring hydro and cryo characters.

2 hours ago, Dead Weight said:

Seems that the current spiral abyss is much more reasonable to complete, saw this reddit post claiming they did it with no characters/weapons leveled past 40.

Since the current blessing deals extra damage after normal attacks and the Abyss Herald/Lectors aren't a DPS check but rather a Reaction Check requiring hydro and cryo characters.

Even with the blessing, and after numerous attempts, I still can't get past floor 11 chamber 3. I fucking hate those wolf enemies!

I would ask someone to log into my account and try it for me but that feels like cheating and not rewarding in the slightest since I didn't do it myself. It's either that or just giving up entirely because this is way too stressful and challenging for me.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:07 PM, ErynRico said:

Even with the blessing, and after numerous attempts, I still can't get past floor 11 chamber 3. I fucking hate those wolf enemies!

I would ask someone to log into my account and try it for me but that feels like cheating and not rewarding in the slightest since I didn't do it myself. It's either that or just giving up entirely because this is way too stressful and challenging for me.

I'm stuck on 11-3 as well. I get up to the second half against the mirror maiden and two electro mages and get obliterated even though I can beat the rest of the floors. I also saw a bunch of people beating this with level 40 characters and freeze metas but I can not for the life of me beat second half 11-3 it had me so upset last night thinking I'm just garbage or not smart enough to understand what to do. Definitely had me wanting to delete it even after the 600 hours I've put into the game just goofing off and exploring and playing with my friend. I can give advice for the wolves and what works for me, but once you beat them and get to the mirror maiden I have no clue what to do.

If anybody's struggling with just clearing this, why not post your team and all your gear setups so we can get a better idea on what needs work? It shouldn't be too hard to clear with a proper team setup and gear. I've only started playing this on PC since late September of last year, but I've been able to clear Abyss since February, mainly after getting Zhongli. 

I hate the wolves too, but having a unit that can instantly heal everyone in one move like Jean makes the corrosion a non-issue

Alternatively, you could just stock up on primos/fates/resources by doing dailies and events and save up for Kazuha's rerun in a few months. I hear he makes Abyss a joke for whatever side he's in.

Yeah if this cycle is easier it's just barely.

I still can't get past 12-2. The first half of 12-1 is just so brutal, I can only clear it with my Ayaka. But then the second half of 12-2 is those three shield dudes and rofl ggez I'm out. 

Word of advice don't roll for Eula or Itto if your goal is to clear the abyss, turns out physical and geo are kind of trash for dealing with shields lmao. 

I wish I'd heard it was "easier" sooner, I'd have rushed to get my meta 4-stars battle ready.

Ah well, I'll just try again next time. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...