To kill or not to kill quest

JLT

In one save file I think I got it very late game, in another save file I got it a mission or two after where guides say it should first pop up. I don't think I have it anymore or I'd offer to meet you. Just keep checking the Find Game browser in the game's online menu, eventually you will see someone playing it. I managed to get 2 or 3 tapes and a few mementos all from joining random games and running to the items I needed. 

Edited by NukeEarth
  • Like 1

It's a hard quest to find, just keep refreshing (press triangle I believe) I found it may be 3 times in 30 mins. Also in terms of getting it to spawnit seems like you need to progress through the story once you get to the central loop without doing anything else. As unloking the metro station can bug you out of it apparently.. but no known cause as of yet.

Also you can only get it near the start of the quest as you need to search a body to get the memento.

Edited by gorm2k6
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NukeEarth said:

In one save file I think I got it very late game, in another save file I got it a mission or two after where guides say it should first pop up. I don't think I have it anymore or I'd offer to meet you. Just keep checking the Find Game browser in the game's online menu, eventually you will see someone playing it. I managed to get 2 or 3 tapes and a few mementos all from joining random games and running to the items I needed. 

If you joined someone and got collectibles in there game, does it register for you when you get back to your game? I heard people saying you should be the host otherwise it won't work!

For me, I completed A Place To Call Home main quest but it didn't spawn To Kill Or Not To Kill right away back at the Fish Eye. It takes some time for that area to 'reset' after the attack so to speak so I did some other stuff for awhile and ended up quitting the game for a bit. When I rebooted the game again then it was there. 

I also didn't do the Metro Station right underneath the Fish Eye because apparently that bugs out this side quest. Other people say it pops up way later after the Broadcast quest or even after finishing the story so it's kinda unknown how to get this quest to pop up for sure. 

30 minutes ago, jason_trixta said:

I've joined this mission a few times to try and get the memento, finished the quest and got nothing.  Where do I get it?

I haven't gotten the chance to join this quest from the find games online menu but was seeing a guide said it was picked up from a corpse, so maybe you joined midway and missed that.

Also wondering when you joined the mission from the online menu, was the quest name to kill or not to kill listed because ive been searching and refreshing all day and havent seen it.

11 hours ago, JLT said:

I haven't gotten the chance to join this quest from the find games online menu but was seeing a guide said it was picked up from a corpse, so maybe you joined midway and missed that.

Also wondering when you joined the mission from the online menu, was the quest name to kill or not to kill listed because ive been searching and refreshing all day and havent seen it.

Ive joined from the very start and finished all the way multiple times.

18 hours ago, xSc0rP10NK1lL3Rx said:

If you joined someone and got collectibles in there game, does it register for you when you get back to your game? I heard people saying you should be the host otherwise it won't work!

Yes it does.

I somehow missed Lawans Hit List Memento and it wasnt in her room on my save, but joined the mission after its available via Online and I grabbed the collectable from her room.

I quit out and back to my game and it was there.

It seems for the "To kill or not to kill" quest, that if you activate the metro station underneath the fish eye, the quest giver Paul will bug out and he will not give you this quest.

I tried joining public games where others had this quest and i found that out of 2 people i joined, they did not activate the metro station and they were very early into the map.

I dont know or dont think there is any triggers to get the quest to spawn, but besides being in the central map and not activating the metro station below.

For me joining randoms playing this quest also got me the missing collectable pretty fast now That still many people are playing chances are Good to find the quest. Also Maybe multiplayer got a bit more stable with the new Patch i didnt try it since before the Patch^^
good luck hunting those trophies 

11 hours ago, ACowboy848 said:

For me this looks like a time base side quest I have it on a cloud save so I have done it a few times now. It spawn for me just as I started the Nightrunners mission. 

Wow you are lucky ? I tried joining random people yesterday, but the quest was always too far in so I kept missing the collectible. This is really frustrating.

• Like 1

GPAP360 says :

I think i finally figured how the “To Kill or Not to Kill” and “Rats in the House” missions works. At least i finally did both on my second game for the collectibles.

So, on this second run i arrived to the second city and ONLY FOCUSED on the main missions “A Place To Call Home”, “Orders” and “Observatory”. Nothing more.

When you get about half way on “Observatory” you will get a call for the Secondary mission “Renegades” AND THIS MISSION IN MISSABLE. Just go to some places, kill enemies and free some NPC.

After that i completed the main mission “Observatory” and “Welcome on Board” started.

Then i get inside the ship of main mission “Welcome on Board” quest to talk whit Carrier 2 for the Carriers quest AND THEN “Rats in the House” mission was available on the “fish bar”. Just talk to the bartender to start it, GET INTO THE METRO STATION AND ACTIVE IT, talk to the bartender and finish quest.

Then i did a fast travel to Baazar and the ! icon of “To Kill or Not to Kill” was in the bar.

I think the most important steps are:

1- DO NOT active Metro under “fish bar” when you first arrive.
2- Focus ONLY on main mission till you get to “Observatory”, and COMPLETE the Renegade mission when it appear when you are going to the Observatory.
3- Complete “Observatory” and when “Welcome on Board” check if you have the “Rats in the House quest” and COMPLETE IT.
4- Fast travel to Baazar, fast travel to “fish bar” and “To Kill or Not to Kill” will be available

Hope it helps to other players to get the collectible

it's from comment on powerpyx guide. I did this and I got the quest.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kor_H67 said:

there is no new game plus modus. so you have to collect them all again. better you search people with these two quests and get the last collectibles.

Only found one person that had the quest… when I join his game, he kicked me. I messaged him but he replied he’s completed it. Will keep looking