Anyone excited for this new game?

Ryumoau

I really enjoyed the demo they released a couple weeks ago for the game and was pleasantly surprised, especially considering how terrible the last couple releases were (DBZ Kinect and Ultimate Tenkaichi).

I'm personally probably only going to rent this from gamefly because $60 seems overpriced for a dbz fighting game, but i was curious if anyone is was planning to get this game next week?

I hadn't actually heard about it until this post. Just looked up some game play and it looks interesting! Will probably pick this up at some point, maybe when it's gone down in price a bit. Another DBZ game to add to my list of games I want to plat!

• Like 1

I played the demo and hated it. The combat system is way too simple; it's basically punch to fill a meter, then use a special. On top of that, the roster is just terrible, around 30 characters but there are 3 Gokus, 3 Gohans, etc.

I'm still waiting for an awesome DBZ game, like the PS2 ones.

• Like 2

I was excited for it, but then I played the demo and my excitement nosedived. I'll wait until it gets cheaper 

I loved Budokai 3, Tenkaichi 3 and both Raging Blast games but after the piece of s*** that was Ultimate Tenkaichi; DBZ games have gone downhill

This just in from the ps blog: The vita version of Battle of Z will receive a day one discount.

It will be on sale for $31.99 for ps plus members. Not sure why they didn't just knock it down to a cleaner $29.99 but its better than nothing. I was skeptical about buying it digitally for $40 but this discount kind of makes me more interested in the vita version, though i personally would have rather the ps3 version been on sale. Its just too bad that NA won't be getting the dlc for the vita version. :(

Does the slight discount help interest anyone else in the vita version or is it still a pass for you guys?

Heres the link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/20/ps-vita-play-4-new-vita-games-ps-plus-discounts-and-more/

I enjoyed the demo that was released but not enough to purchase it for $60. When it gets a discount I'll more than likely pick it up and if my local Redbox has it I'll probably rent it as well.

Parker

Yes a redbox rental would be the best case scenerio but my local one doesn't really carries new releases outside of AAA titles.

Edited by Ryumoau

I was excited for this game until I played the demo. I've usually got a pretty high tolerance for DBZ games, but this one is just a polished Sagas which was a complete and utter turd.

Sagas....ouch! i didn't think the demo was nearly that bad lol.