Version 1.00 or 1.11 for quickest platinum?

I'll be tackling the PS3 version before the servers shutdown and was wondering what the consensus is on the best patch to play this game on in terms of fastest platinum time. I tried looking this up but a lot of the information seems to be dated at this point and not sure if things have changed.

On one hand, some people out there say to play on version 1.00 as farming for resources is way more lucrative here than in post 1.06 versions as they nerfed the amount of resources you get with crate farming. On the other hand, some people say to play on the most recent patch as the online resources you get, even while offline, is worth it and some of the nerfs were rectified apparently (although I read this mostly for the PS4 version so I'm not sure if this even applies to the PS3 version which seems to only go up to version 1.11).

I played in latest patch and didn't have any issues with resources. I farmed very little at the end - less than an hour. Just make sure you collect everything you see during missions and you will have enough resources for everything. Did my platinum less than a year ago

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unless you're doing the PS3 version before the servers close, there is zero reason to play unpatched.

This is indeed what am I doing, so is there a benefit to playing unpatched? Based on the other replies seems like playing patched is the way to go anyway but just wanted to know if there's some benefit to playing unpatched that would actually earn the plat faster.

Latest patch, you can still farm very good if not better on the current patch, it's just not widely known as the old guides haven't really took the time to come up with a new farming method.

I posted a brief text guide for it somewhere, I can dig it out of you want??

And outside of the farming, being online will allow you to get LOADS of rewards from challenges, speeding up the platinum. Not playing online will actually slow down the platinum!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Latest patch, you can still farm very good if not better on the current patch, it's just not widely known as the old guides haven't really took the time to come up with a new farming method.

I posted a brief text guide for it somewhere, I can dig it out of you want??

And outside of the farming, being online will allow you to get LOADS of rewards from challenges, speeding up the platinum. Not playing online will actually slow down the platinum!!

Seems like patched is the consensus, thanks for the quick replies everyone! 

If it's not too much trouble, sure would love to see that text guide. Might help others too who happen to stumble on this topic.

@TheRedMaverick I wrote this part for someone else so it's just a copy paste but might help you out.

There's a lot of debate about playing online/offline and on what patch. And I say: Play online if your internet connection doesn't crap out every 5 minutes for 2 minutes. This also requires to play on the last patch. Patches are downloaded after you started the game, it'll redirect you to the PSN store. So I hope your disc is from the same region as you are, else this might give a problem.

Why play online?
- You'll have access to a FOB (online version of your motherbase) after mission 22. This also means that you'll have access to FOB missions and specifically the FOB mission of type 'security challenge'. (Press L1 twice, it's a lot quicker then R1 because of loading) There's some people in this list with 28/28 (or close to) platforms built and security level 1. This means that there's no security in this mission and you can just sprint from start to end in 1min15-30sec. 1 of the people with a fvck username has some mines though, placed at the bottom of the stairs, you can see it on the right of one of the screens when starting the mission.
If you select to invade the support platform of such a person, you'll get about 6700 fuel, 1600 common metal and 1600 biological. Those materials are already processed and ready to use so you don't need to wait on them for being processed. With certain people you'll only get 1300, don't know why. You'll also get 780.000GMP! And about 500 hero points. All this in 1min30 or less... (on PS4 even double all this I read) It took me 30 minutes to get enough resources to make the next batch of platforms on my motherbase. Later on another 30 mins for the final ones or so. It also helped a lot with getting the GMP to develop everything! 

- People are also worried a lot about online/offline resources. But there's only 2 things were you specifically need online resources: Nuke building and developing yellow weapons. But getting the online resources for the nukes is easy with the security challenge. And the yellow weapons are so expensive you'll probably won't buy them because you don't really need them. Everything else just looks at the total and you can even go in red with your offline GMP without a problem.
Also: Your money and resources will be re-calculated from time to time to be 10% offline and 90% online. So you'll probably always have way more online resources anyway.

- Nuke building will be done online, which means real time and not time the game is running. This means you'll have to be in the game the moment the building is finished so you can immediately dispatch of the nuke. Keep it in mind when starting it. With a base development platform of 3/4 on your FOB it'll take 24h to develop. If it's 2/4 it'll need 27 hours. So it's worth to invest a bit in that. Don't bother with 4/4, it costs about the same to develop 4/4 as to develop the nuke.

- People are scared about getting there resources stolen. It never happened to me so far but I also have security challenge turned off for myself. Reason: People get their stuff through security challenge and they don't bother to get un(!)processed resources from someone else. I did up my security a bit to discourage them as well.
Exception: If you have a nuke, you'll be at the top of the list to be invaded. So dispatch of that as soon as it's done so you don't have to build it again! 

This week there's even a double resources event giving twice as much resources for the security challenge. Maintenance for me is on Tuesday from 7-10am CET.

I have both my motherbase and FOB fully build and have done the nuke with 30 side ops left for platinum. So resources is no problem with those security challenges and everything you'll get in/from the game.

And some more info I gave that person but not directly related to playing patched/unpatched:

Most important: S-rank mission 4 C2W as soon as you can! And also the C2W rehash in mission 33. There's a bug that if you destroy the blue screens (which also disabled the antennas) that you'll never be able to get the S-rank. This bugs the trophy for getting S-ranking all missions AND the trophy for all blue prints and key items because 1 key item is linked to S-ranking all missions. Even waiting until the blue screens respawn making it possible to do the mission properly, will only give you a '-' rank instead of S-rank.

To get the S-rank: Play the mission as you wish the first time but don't destroy the blue screen. Do destroy the anti-air radar on your first playthrough! It's a rotating satellite dish on top of a dark green trailer, this unlocks a new 'hot' landing zone in the middle of the camp. On your second playthrough for S-rank choose that new landingzone and use the mini gun from the heli to destroy the antennas. No need to get out.

Things to look out for while playing:
- Returning to ACC by pressing <select> is cheaper and quicker then calling in the heli.

- Mark 500 enemies with binoculars: Required for key item. Don't worry about having a buddy with you that tags enemies, you'll notice that an enemy tagged by your buddy has a different icon above their head then if you tagged it. So you can just 'double tag' them so it show your own icon and this counts for the progress.

- Fulton every enemy and thing possible: There are key items for fultonning 500 and 1000 people. I only got that yesterday while I fultonned as much as possible. You'll also need the containers for resources and vehicles for key dispatch missions.

- Send your people on dispatch missions all the time (combat deployment): There's 20 key dispatch missions you need for a trophy. A yellow icon will show up in the menu before 'combat deployment' if there's a new one, there unlock is also tied to story progress. But the last few will take almost 3h of ingame time and I had to do the last two missions 3 times each...
Also: It gives a bit of resources and heroism points. I've done over 200 missions and each gives at least 200 hero points, so that's over 40.000 hero points just from that. Don't bother with with the missions for extra people apart from maybe in the beginning if your base is not yet full or if no other missions are showing for awhile. Usually doing a side ops or mission will refresh it and give you ones for resources.

- Develop the fulton thing to extract cars and containers as quickly as you can. A guy you need to unlock this is part of mission 10. Wormhole is best but is unlocked quite late. 

- Develop stuff as you go, don't wait with this until the end. I kept 1.5-2 million GMP as a base amount of money for emergency things I needed to buy or wanted as soon as they unlocked. Once I got to 3-4 million GMP I would do a round of developing things until I was back at 1.5-2 million. Starting with things I knew I would need in the future and then just the cheapest things first.
Reason: the further you get with developing, the more often a timer will be involved and the longer that timer will get. I ended up buying almost everything that costs less than 400.000GMP before I unlocked the 300 items developed trophy. Probably spent 40-50 million on that alone. Pay attention that some things require resources you might rather use for your base.

- Start to develop your MOB from the moment you have it. I would advise to give a bit more priority to command platform (more people overall) and base development platform (more resources). It takes time to develop a platform and the more people you can store, the quicker the level goes up of that unit and that unlocks higher level stuff to develop. I also continued developing my FOB after the MOB was done for that reason.

- Do some side ops from time to time. Yellow ones are required to progress the story but there's 157 of them and it wouldn't be fun to grind them all out at the end. If you fulton out the trucks/tanks you'll also have the stuff already for the key dispatch missions.

- Collect invoices as you go, they are at an 2x2m orange platform in each bigger settlement. You'll need them al for 2 key items. 

Nuke building and the hero trophy (180.000 hero points) also has a lot of debate but don't bother about that.
If you're really close to 180.000 when you unlock the nuke, you could continue to get the trophy quicker. But you'll get some massive points here and there that make it no problem:
- Finishing mission 31 and going back to the heli gives 30.000 points.
- Levelling up al your teams to level 50 for that trophy gives 50.000 points.
- Dispatch missions gave me 40.000+ points
- Completion platforms of you MOB and FOB gives 5.000 points each or so
- Finishing all key dispatch missions gave 20.000 points or so

I have 355.000 hero points right now and that's already without the 50.000 points from building the nuke. => Now even 500.000+!

I also advise to do S-ranks first and then mission tasks. I started somewhere around mission 15-20 to S-rank them on my first run.
Of course this is only possible if you don't mind spoilers when looking at a guide.
But for the mission tasks you can make use of the stealth camo (not the PP version) making you near invisible and making things extremely easy!
However it locks your max rank for that mission to an A.
By S-ranking first you'll already have a bunch of mission tasks done as well, so it's easier to clean up in that order: S-ranks -> mission tasks.

Towards the end you'll unlock a suit that lets you use little tubes. The armor tubes make heavy combat missions a lot easier and they still allow an S-rank.
The names of the items might be bit of a spoiler:

Spoiler

Parasite suit and parasite(armor)

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kolm said:

@TheRedMaverick I wrote this part for someone else so it's just a copy paste but might help you out.

This week there's even a double resources event giving twice as much resources for the security challenge. Maintenance for me is on Tuesday from 7-10am CET.

I have both my motherbase and FOB fully build and have done the nuke with 30 side ops left for platinum. So resources is no problem with those security challenges.

And some more info I gave that person but not directly related to playing patched/unpatched:

Wow this is incredibly helpful, thanks for sharing!

41 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Amazing, thanks again! It's been a while since I did the PS4 stack so it's good to know all the tips/tricks for the PS3 version. This will help greatly

Good luck! It's still possible to get the whole platinum before shutdown, which I advise!

I would have gotten it this week if it wasn't for me wanting it to be platinum #300 so I had to finish another game in between.

The least you should do to be safe is an online FOB mission and the develop/dispatch a nuke trophy. Don't forget to be online and ready to dispatch it when it finishes! 
But base building and development also profits from those easy security challenges that give processed resources and lots of GMP :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Seems like patched is the consensus, thanks for the quick replies everyone! 

If it's not too much trouble, sure would love to see that text guide. Might help others too who happen to stumble on this topic.

I was trying optimise a Platinum Speedrun for this game at one point, and believe it or not, I managed to get all but 1 trophy in 20-30 hours, and the last trophy could take 2 - 15hrs and no, it wasn't the Nuke trophy, it was in fact the Dispatch Missions trophy!!!!

Dispatch Missions can potentially be the worst trophy, but never gets viewed in that manner!! Because naturally, players take way over 50hrs for platinum, so dispatch Missions are done, but speedrunning all other trophies really emphasise how long the Dispatch Missions can take.

The infinite baby chick hat is good for a quick platinum as well as it makes you invincible, disables S ranks, but is PERFECT for doing all tasks at once with ZERO difficulty

Sorry, onto the topic ;), this is a old post of mine from years back on a different site about the best farming method on current patch;

RESOURCE FARMING ONLINE (maybe better than patch 1.00 farming)

There seems to be some belief on this site that resource farming is no longer possible. This post will give you a method to still farm resources as it is still possible, and here is perhaps the fastest method.

Before I explain, bear these points in mind;

• To farm anything fultonable you must begin a mission from freeroam, fulton whatever you want to farm, reach a checkpoint, then abort mission. So anything fultonable can be farmed like this as it's the only way it respawns, but because not all missions have a freeroam start point, it limits your options as you naturally want a farming area closeby!
  • Strongly advisable to play online, then while the console is off, ur unprocessed resources will still process. When you play after a day or 2, 30% of ur resources will be processed
  • Fultoning anything and completing a mission or fultoning in freeroam, will cause it to not reappear until 5 missions are completed.

Requires:

• Cargo 2 upgrade
  • Stealth Camo (pp grade 4) or Parasite Stealth x3 or Sandstorm
  • mission 30 unlocked

Make sure:

• That u dont run out of stealth, you will need 4 Stealth.pp to make it last. If you don't have 4 stealth.pp, call in a sandstorm instead.
  • Don't cause any alerts or checkpoints wont trigger

What you earn (if you fulton all containers):

• Fuel-15000
  • Bio-7500
  • Com met-16500
  • Min met-8800
  • Prec met-1050
  • TT77 tank-3 (sell for 100000gmp each)

BTW, if you fulton ONLY the red containers, its about 45 secs quicker. Meaning every 4 or 5 runs would actually amount to an extra.

Speed/time:

This is running at normal speed with mobility upgrades, would be faster with Raiden suit.

• Mis 30 farm lap - 3:45mins
  • Total lap- 5:20 (from start of mis 30, back to start again, load times included)

METHOD:

1. Warp to OKB Zero lz freeroam with D-horse, stealth camo

2. Begin mission 30

3. Skip cutscene

4. Sprint to first container

5. Then sprint to next 2

6. Now sprint forward and call D-horse at same time

7. Jump on him as he runs along side you and carry on to OKB

8. Just after checkpoint at bottom of hill near maingate, jump off D-horse and engage stealth camo

9. Run through maingate and grab 4 containers and TT77 on the right, then engage stealth again

10. Sprint forward through next gate and next 4 containers on right

11. Run forward and dive in grass, engage stealth again then sprint to TT77 ahead, just watch out you don't dive in horse poo as it could really mess up ya day

12. Fulton TT77 then head through last gate

13. Grab TT77 and 2 containers on right, then container in leff corner

14. Run back to last gate to initiate a checkpoint

15. Lay in prone, once resources have transferred, abort mission

I honestly cant workout a better method, I think that is the absolute fastest way to farm. Ive tried other areas, this seema to have the most resources and gmp in the shortest time. The tanks help alot as costs soon add up when farming. This spot allows you to faem everything

I suggest, as soon as complete mission 31, get child and wormhole upgrade, upgrade stealh.pp then farm for about an hr or 2 to have some materials to process while you finish the rest of the game.

Btw, buddies don't help on this, i've tried using them. D-Horse helps the most near the start, thats it, must be done on foot

Hipe this helps ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I was trying optimise a Platinum Speedrun for this game at one point, and believe it or not, I managed to get all but 1 trophy in 20-30 hours, and the last trophy could take 2 - 15hrs and no, it wasn't the Nuke trophy, it was in fact the Dispatch Missions trophy!!!!

Hipe this helps ;)

This is awesome. Huge thank you for sharing this! Will definitely give this a try

Edited by TheRedMaverick

@Optinooby For resource farming I personally would advise the FOB security challenges that give processed resources instead of farming unprocessed resources. Once you know the location on the platform it takes 1min15 to complete a run. And no need to wait on it being processed online or offline.

Thing is: some people have 28/28 platforms built but security on level 1 making it just a 1 minute sprint towards the final point without enemies. The other 15 seconds are the heli flying in until you can press triangle to wrap to the platform.
Doing the support platform gives 6700 fuel and the past week with double resources event it gave 13.400 fuel. You still get 1600 or so from the other resources and 800.000 GMP on the support platform (without double resource event). You can do other platforms if you need another type of resources more than fuel. So it gives both processed resources and a lot of GMP in a very short time.

After mission 22 and unlocking the FOB I played those mission for 30 minutes until all MOB platforms were on a building timer. Later when they were done I spent another 30 minutes on those missions to start the building of the 4/4 platforms and in the end my motherbase was done before I got to mission 29. This was without the double resources event.

I also did another 3-4 runs when the nuke unlocked so I could build that.

In total probably 1h15 of resource farming for everything trophy related and afterwards... I probably would not have needed to do that much and just have been more patient. I had so much resources I was able to build all FOB platforms as well before finishing the game. But I was just taking my time with it so after finishing MOB there was still a lot of online/offline mining and processing that went on :) 

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hardly nobody knows this trick but you can also spam invincible lil chick hat by closing game and moving clock 36 hours!!

It's a nice trick but once you have the stealth camo that works on battery, there's no real need for all the hassle of closing the game and changing the time. Especially on PS3 with quite the loading times. Only 1 mission (code talker extreme) I used the parasite camo together with the stealth camo because stealth camo wouldn't last long enough before I had a part where I could recharge the stealth camo. (Killing the snipers took awhile for me). Everything else I would just turn on stealth camo as soon as I came in the vicinity of enemies and just ran past them or fulton stuff while standing right next to them. Turning it off to recharge once I was out of the vicinity of enemies.

Of course both stealth camo and parasite suit / camo need to be developed which requires some time. So if you're really doing a speed run, it might be quicker to just restart the game the whole time instead of paying attention to when stealth camo unlocks and immediately starting to develop that when you can.

I guess in the end the choice for chicking hat or stealth camo depends if you want to speedrun or enjoy the game on your own pace with less hassle :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

@Optinooby For resource farming I personally would advise the FOB security challenges that give processed resources instead of farming unprocessed resources. Once you know the location on the platform it takes 1min15 to complete a run. And no need to wait on it being processed online or offline.

Thing is: some people have 28/28 platforms built but security on level 1 making it just a 1 minute sprint towards the final point without enemies. The other 15 seconds are the heli flying in until you can press triangle to wrap to the platform.
Doing the support platform gives 6700 fuel and the past week with double resources event it gave 13.400 fuel. You still get 1600 or so from the other resources and 800.000 GMP on the support platform (without double resource event). You can do other platforms if you need another type of resources more than fuel. So it gives both processed resources and a lot of GMP in a very short time.

After mission 22 and unlocking the FOB I played those mission for 30 minutes until all MOB platforms were on a building timer. Later when they were done I spent another 30 minutes on those missions to start the building of the 4/4 platforms and in the end my motherbase was done before I got to mission 29. This was without the double resources event.

I also did another 3-4 runs when the nuke unlocked so I could build that.

In total probably 1h15 of resource farming for everything trophy related and afterwards... I probably would not have needed to do that much and just have been more patient. I had so much resources I was able to build all FOB platforms as well before finishing the game. But I was just taking my time with it so after finishing MOB there was still a lot of online/offline mining and processing that went on :) 

It's a nice trick but once you have the stealth camo that works on battery, there's no real need for all the hassle of closing the game and changing the time. Especially on PS3 with quite the loading times. Only 1 mission (code talker extreme) I used the parasite camo together with the stealth camo because stealth camo wouldn't last long enough before I had a part where I could recharge the stealth camo. (Killing the snipers took awhile for me). Everything else I would just turn on stealth camo as soon as I came in the vicinity of enemies and just ran past them or fulton stuff while standing right next to them. Turning it off to recharge once I was out of the vicinity of enemies.

Of course both stealth camo and parasite suit / camo need to be developed which requires some time. So if you're really doing a speed run, it might be quicker to just restart the game the whole time instead of paying attention to when stealth camo unlocks and immediately starting to develop that when you can.

I guess in the end the choice for chicking hat or stealth camo depends if you want to speedrun or enjoy the game on your own pace with less hassle :) 

Can't recall if I played with the FOBs too much outside of the trophy. Can that FOB farming route you speak off be jumped straight into without ANY FOB experience/preparation outside of the trophy??

And how is your game loading so fast, 1min15 secs a run, how do you restart and load back in again to complete that, I don't recall them loading that quick??

The main game farming is a 3min45 sec route but a total 5min20sec run, so 1min35sec loading times, crazy how ur FOB run is quicker than my run takes to even load in xD...

I'm not sure if that way is quicker overall, be interesting to hear your loading in times, complete run from point A start back to point A start. Although yours is a quicker run, it's nets less resources, like a lot less. And the thing is, you will no be playing when asleep just like everybody else, so those unprocessed materials we have farmed, 30% will process when asleep, the rest while doing the story!

The FOBs sound really good for instant materials, the main game farm is great though if done asap for a few hours, then everything will process while sleeping and doing the story.

Sounds like FOBs is something I need to look into if I get back to it, I really need to understand both methods and asses pros/cons of both and consistentcy/simplicity/time.

The Lil Chick Hat is a different beast to the stealth items. It can be used straight from the start, is permanent when triggered, and it makes all tasks at once a piece of cake. You know those tasks where players have trouble where you must listen to conversations, it's mega simple to do it with Lil Chick Hat, but can be hard even with stealth. A lot of missions you cannot do all tasks at once UNLESS you have the Lil Chick Hat active. I know it sounds similar to stealth, but you really need to try it, try and do all tasks in a complex mission with Lil Chick Hat, and then try with just stealth items, and you will see the MAJOR difference!!

Edited by Optinooby

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The Lil Chick Hat is a different beast to the stealth items. It can be used straight from the start, is permanent when triggered, and it makes all tasks at once a piece of cake. You know those tasks where players have trouble where you must listen to conversations, it's mega simple to do it with Lil Chick Hat, but can be hard even with stealth. A lot of missions you cannot do all tasks at once UNLESS you have the Lil Chick Hat active. I know it sounds similar to stealth, but you really need to try it, try and do all tasks in a complex mission with Lil Chick Hat, and then try with just stealth items, and you will see the MAJOR difference!!

No one told me about this Lil Chick Hat when I platted the game many moons ago. I used Stealth Camo for most mission tasks. ?

12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Can't recall if I played with the FOBs too much outside of the trophy. Can that FOB farming route you speak off be jumped straight into without ANY FOB experience/preparation outside of the trophy??

You can start this FOB security challenge as soon as you have your FOB after mission 22. No need to develop your FOB. You only have to get through the tutorials screens about your FOB but those are forced on you anyway.

I know the chicken hat is different and can be used from the start.
But I had no problem doing the conversation things with the stealth camo once I had the version with the battery instead of ammo. With the stealth camo PP item, you're totally invisible when it's on and I would just run to the location of the conversation, lay down in the grass or behind a rock and turn it off until the conversation is done and I have to move again. You can just run through an outpost while invisible and they don't notice you. Only when running 1m in front of them they would say 'huh' and turn their head but even then they didn't see me.
The only mission were I wasn't able to do all mission tasks at once was 9 and it's extreme version 34. It was either all prisoners in time or all armored vehicles in time for the tanks to spawn. But I might have been trying to do them in the wrong order. The S-rank guide from powerpyx used to give the all tanks objective, but that mission was changed with an update so the final 2 armored vehicles don't arrive in time for the tanks to spawn if you use powerpyx's way.

So if you already have the stealth camo PP, I don't really see the use of all the hassle of restarting the game to get the chicken hat again. I was already annoyed by that helicopter scene at the start of each mission, let alone booting the game every time (PS3 that is) :/

But yeah... if you want to speedrun and cheese your way through from the start then the chicken hat is indeed the best thing to use. I did the S-ranks first as those already give quite some mission tasks and sometimes even all of them if you pay a little attention to them :)

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

No one told me about this Lil Chick Hat when I platted the game many moons ago. I used Stealth Camo for most mission tasks. 1f605.png

It's because nobody knew how to spam it, plus it's a little hidden, it totally breaks missions.

The beauty of it is that you could use it to do All Tasks on your very first play meaning only 2 runs of each mission needed.

Some missions you can do all tasks and S rank first time at once (without the hat), I 4get what they are though, it's been a while

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1