Game is crashing my PS5

Sneezin--

In my 14h of playtime so far, this game has completely crashed / shut down my console twice. This has never happened before, so I'm fairly certain this game is causing this issue. So far it only occured when starting the game up, which immediately shut down my PS5, and the other time I had the game "open" in the background, went on youtube, and wanted to start a different game which resulted in another crash.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or is suddenly something wrong with my console?

The PS5 overheats easily, I've had it with a few games and it's very upsetting when it happens xD.

Some suggestions;

- Make sure it has good ventilation all around, not too close to anything.

- Also take the side covers off and give the insides a good blowing out, no doubt lumps off dust trapped inside.

• Like 4

I'm on my 2nd PS5. The first one crashed repeatedly on some games to the point they weren't playable. It ran most other games just fine. I contacted Sony support and they basically told me to shove it.

The new PS5 plays everything that the 1st one refused to, but it hard locks once a month or so. It's not too big of a deal... I'm forced to unplug it and then try and get it rebooted, but everything still works fine. Time will tell the long term side effects of this.

Moral of the story... This system has problems.  If this thread doesn't take off with people sharing your experience, refer to my first story unfortunately. Hopefully Sony treats you better than they did me.

Okay, guess it's just me. Starting to get a little concerned here. My console is only a few months old, I don't want to have to buy another overpriced PS5 so soon.

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

The PS5 overheats easily

I don't see how tho. My console has a shelf over my TV all for itself, and I never have heating on in my room. And when I get in-game, there's no issue. It appears to occur only when booting a game up, which instead just shuts down the console. Then I have to press the power button twice, and it says something about "repairing database". This is also something completely new, it never happened before I started playing the new Horizon. I hope the game is not gonna brick my console, because I'd flip out.

I'm currently re-downloading the game, and hoping that'll help. If it doesn't, I'll try rebuilding the database.

5 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Yep, that is exactly what I'm afraid of will happen to me right now.

• Like 1

My PS5 suffers from just turning itself off and it wont turn on until I unplug the power chord.

Never happened while playing any PS4 games, only PS5 games and was seemingly random. The last time it did it, I kept my external HD unplugged because I was sick of having to repair and unplug it for it to work. Its never happened since.

If you have an external plugged in, unplug it and see it happens again.

I'm on the PS4 version and it just crashed my system also, everything just shutdown like the power went out, my PS4 is fine, thank goodness it rebooted perfectly. This game has so many glitches it's not even funny, especially in dialogue with no voices with subtitles or voices overlapping, super long delays for icons to show on the map, see through mountains when Aloy is climbing, randomly black screen for like 2 seconds while exploring (happened 5 times) those are just some. I'd rather of had them delay it a couple of months, instead of releasing a buggy game. Sure there will be some update soon, but not soon enough. Is the PS5 version like this?

Edited by Nitemares-----

4 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I'd rather of had them delay it a couple of months, instead of releasing a buggy game. Sure there will be some update soon, but not soon enough.

Yea, I'm thinking about just waiting it out for now. I don't want to be scared every time I open the game, praying it won't brick my console.

I've also been trying to warn others on the Horizon subreddit, but my post just gets deleted by mods. Also googling "Forbidden West bricking / crashing console" gets plenty of hits, so I guess we're not alone. Sketchy stuff going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sneezin-- said:

Uploading everything to the cloud this very second.

I was just curious in general if this option is still available with PS5 games. I can't check my console right now but I believe I was reading somewhere it's possible to back up save files only from PS4 games to a flash drive.

Just now, theSpirae said:

I was just curious in general if this option is still available with PS5 games. I can't check my console right now but I believe I was reading somewhere it's possible to back up save files only from PS4 games to a flash drive.

You can only upload PS4 saves to a USB. PS5 saves can only be uploaded to the Cloud. I had to do this like 10 times, because I kept getting an error "Couldn't upload save", something like that. Super annoying.

Ah, that's quite annoying. If one doesn't have Plus, you're pretty much screwed as there's no way for you to backup save files. Even in case you need to return the console due to tech issues and get a new one. That's quite a shitty move by Sony to force people to get Plus.

1 hour ago, Sneezin-- said:

Okay, guess it's just me. Starting to get a little concerned here. My console is only a few months old, I don't want to have to buy another overpriced PS5 so soon.

I don't see how tho. My console has a shelf over my TV all for itself, and I never have heating on in my room. And when I get in-game, there's no issue. It appears to occur only when booting a game up, which instead just shuts down the console. Then I have to press the power button twice, and it says something about "repairing database". This is also something completely new, it never happened before I started playing the new Horizon. I hope the game is not gonna brick my console, because I'd flip out.

I'm currently re-downloading the game, and hoping that'll help. If it doesn't, I'll try rebuilding the database.

Yep, that is exactly what I'm afraid of will happen to me right now.

I share the same sentiments as you. I have downloaded Horizon: Forbidden West, but I'm not playing it yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I'm on the PS4 version and it just crashed my system also, everything just shutdown like the power went out, my PS4 is fine, thank goodness it rebooted perfectly. This game has so many glitches it's not even funny, especially in dialogue with no voices with subtitles or voices overlapping, super long delays for icons to show on the map, see through mountains when Aloy is climbing, randomly black screen for like 2 seconds while exploring (happened 5 times) those are just some. I'd rather of had them delay it a couple of months, instead of releasing a buggy game. Sure there will be some update soon, but not soon enough. Is the PS5 version like this?

I'm playing on the PS4 version also, but have not experienced any issues - I spent around 7 hours playing constantly yesterday and didn't have any crashes or black screens, I do get a small delay with the icons populating on the map but it's literally like 2-3 seconds rather than the super long delay you suggested.

Guerrilla does have bug reporting support though, so if you're noticing these things then I'd say to report them as it's something that could possible be patched and fixed in the future: 

• Like 1