Smile! trophy glitch

thistleboy

Only now as I approach 100% and getting the trophy for completing all challenges did I notice that Smile! never unlocked for completing the "Poster Painter" challenge. I'm playing on PS5 and I've been getting a ton of crashes (though the beta 3.0 firmware may be playing a role there). Apparently there's no way to fix it because all of the challenges are done.

I thought maybe a crash had reverted a poster to normal while the game settings still counted it as complete somehow, but apparently not. All sprays in the levels are done and the hub world ones don't show up anymore. I definitely got the gold brick for it, just not the trophy.

All I can say is be sure to meticulously track your progress so you don't run into this too.

EDIT: If anyone else runs into this replay level 1 as a flying character. Fly up to the second level on the right, deface the poster, save/quit, and it should unlock. My last poster was in the hub so I'm not sure if that factored in. Just thankful I don't have to start over since there aren't other save slots to revert to. 

Edited by thistleboy
Solution found.
  • Like 1