Sequels you would like to see?

RadiantFlamberge

I'd be interested to see what could be done with a sequel to LA Noire, given modern tech.

Looking at the facial animations in something like Horizon, or The Last of Us 2, or Life is Strange: True Colours really shows that there is a spectrum of subtle emotive range that really wasn't available at the time of the original game - even using what was bleeding-edge facial capture back then.

I think now, that kind of game could really be interesting, with the developer able to be confident in the facial capture / animation, and not need to lean into it and accent it so much with over-the-top direction of the actors, or gameplay UI hints etc.

Aside from that, I'd love to see a Portal 3, of course - and a Mother 3 - and I'd personally like some kind of sequel to Singularity, Syndicate (the FPS reboot), a new Darkness game... as well as a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes...

...Literally none of those will ever happen though! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

Sleeping Dogs 2 - Where we get a sequel or a prequel in the same vein as the original...especially more karaokee!?

Timesplitters 4 -  or just a full blown remake of the first trilogy

Max Payne 4 - no MP this time please, we could even go way back in (bullet)time to when Max first got his badge 

NFS Underground 3 - Do I need to say more?

BFBC 3 - Dice, are you sick of making steaming piles of shite?. Then put back together our fave bunch of war vets, give us a stonking SP campaign and some ridiculous (but great)     MP. The template is already there, just pretend the last 4 BF games didn't happen and make what we all want!.

3 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Max Payne 4!

or even Max Payne 3 Remastered (without the multiplayer)

literally beat me to it as I was writing it....great choice!?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd personally like some kind of sequel to Singularity, a new Darkness game... as well as a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes.

19 minutes ago, mysticmosh said:

BFBC 3 - Dice, are you sick of making steaming piles of shite

Wow, those are games we truly need sequels to, especially Singularity and Bad Co 3.

21 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Tekken X Street Fighter

That would be nice. We see a bit of this thanks to Akuma in T7... why stop there? Namco should give the idea a second chance, using Tekken 7's variant of Unreal Engine 4. If I had to make the call between Tag Tournament 3 or TxSF for the next Tekken game, I'd take TxSF.

• Like 1

vanquish

3d dot game heroes

mag 

shovel knight

dead space

fear

sly cooper

jak and daxter

heavenly sword

army of two

midnight club

resistance

killzone

silent hill

twisted medal

white knight chronicles

That all I got for now :) 

Edited by mizzcreed

Oh man, what a thread. 

I'd love to see a Jak & Daxter 4 even though I'm not sure where it would go, but going back to an open world collectathon would be awesome. 

Sly Cooper 5, really enjoyed the initial trilogy back on PS2, haven't sat down to play the fourth one, but always a good time. 

Road Trip Adventure from the PS2. Such a fun open world "racing" RPG where you just ran into other cars, collected coins, and slowly improved. I miss playing this game as I no longer have the PS2 I played in my possession. 

Lastly, why not have another Infamous game? The last one was super well-received, the new engine did wonders for the gameplay, and whatever powers they continue to come up with would be cool. Maybe a spin-off with Zeke where he gains powers?

• 2 months later...

Deus Ex 5

Nioh 3 - I'd add an open world with Elden Ring style fast traveling, which would let you teleport between shrines you've visited.

Bloodborne - A remaster of the original with 60 FPS, even if it's not done by From Software. Look how Bluepoint's Demon's Souls one turned out. Give it to them.

Marble Madness - Sony should see if Mark Cerny feels like giving this franchise more shot, and get the license from Warner Bros. for a one-off deal on a PS exclusive sequel. It might be interesting to use touchpad swipes or even the DS5 tilt feature to control the marble.

Final Fight 4 - I'm surprised Capcom hasn't thought of it yet with Streets of Rage 4 doing this so well. Maybe have Jessica as a playable character with a different fighting style.

Starblade 2 - Namco almost made an arcade version but they canned it. I'd like to see them polish this up to modern graphic quality and revive it as a PS5 title.

I see Vagrant Story, XCOM, and Deus Ex already mentioned, all excellent choices.

My vote goes to Brütal Legend. I loved that game and want more. We finally got Psychonauts 2 recently so I continue to hold out hope.