First look at PS VR 2

Titanomachy_75

I was already buying this day 1 regardless, but it looks great. I like that they've carried on with the PS5 design philosophy. It'll be nice to have everything match up. Honestly, I can't wait for this, and I hope that pre-orders won't be far away now. I'll feel better when I know my unit is secured.

I feel sorry for the people who still think VR is a gimmick. They don't know the huge fun they're missing out on! But hopefully this will get more people interested in it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Troz said:

Very disappointed it has the wire. The wire is probably my biggest complaint with PSVR. Hope someday they make it wireless.

The wire has to be there Troz, the headset directly harnesses the power of the PS5, AND it makes the headset much lighter and allows for longer play sessions. I've used all other headsets and PSVR is by far the lightest (getting lighter according to the blog) and most comfortable! They've also included a vent to allow face heat to escape and keep you cooler! :) 

On another note, I'm very excited for this headset. It kept all the things that made the PSVR1 headset great (elastic band, slide-able lenses, comfort, weight). Some games will be patched forward via Sonys money, and other developers will do it on their own. Either way, I'm excited for the massive difference in quality and having all headsets on the same tracking system means it'll be easier for other games to be ported to Sonys headset.

33 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I was already buying this day 1 regardless, but it looks great. I like that they've carried on with the PS5 design philosophy. It'll be nice to have everything match up. Honestly, I can't wait for this, and I hope that pre-orders won't be far away now. I'll feel better when I know my unit is secured.

I feel sorry for the people who still think VR is a gimmick. They don't know the huge fun they're missing out on! But hopefully this will get more people interested in it.

Well said!

42 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

It looks really good, i've never owned VR but hopefully VR 2 will be my first.

You will not regret it :) 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

as someone who has never used VR in any capacity... how are for people who wear glasses ? 

I hope the PSVR2 will be better in this capacity. I've got the PSVR and it fits fine and comfortable over my glasses, but my current frames sit too close to the VR and (I think) actually scraped against it and removed a bit of whatever coating was put on it. The "it" being my glasses, not the VR screen. Now when I use my VR, I use my last pair of glasses and haven't noticed any issues.

Like Craig above me, I've never tried VR but am hoping to get PSVR2. I signed up for the notifications from Sony, we'll see how that goes. 

I'm guessing that with inside out tracking It doesn't matter where I'm at in the room? A big roadblock last time was the camera tracking and needing a decent sized space to play in. If I could just sit on my couch a few feet away that'd be awesome. (And I say "sit" because I'm determined to never be one of those goofs who fall over or knock stuff down when playing VR)