Difficult FPS/TPS Recommendations?

Flubberwunked

Sorry if there's already a similar thread created about this topic, but the old post is kinda dead so I thought I would make my own one.

Recently I've been pretty disappointed in myself because I can't platinum a certain game, so I want to prove to myself that I'm not completely trash at games.

Shooter games seems to be my strong suit, but I don't know which games are great, but also difficult. Does anyone have any good suggestions for difficult First/Third Person Shooters? (E.g Doom 1,2,3, Vanquish, Hotline Miami 2) I'm looking for games around the 7-9 difficulty range. Any reply is much appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 2

Hmmm, what about Hard Reset Redux and maybe the Shadow Warrior series? Those I've heard are pretty hard.

Are you open to retro shooters? If so, then maybe stuff like Quake, Turok and the Serious Sam collection might be your cup of tea. Want a homage to retro shooters? You could try Ion Fury.

Other great FPS I could personally recommend even though they're not in the 7-9 difficulty range are the Bioshock games and BulletStorm.

Open to PS3 shooters? Rage, Singularity, Syndicate, uh... Painkiller: Hell & Damnation.

Third-person shooters. I know I've played more than a few on PS3 but I really need to play more of them and PS4. Not sure what I'd recommend here.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Hmmm, what about Hard Reset Redux and maybe the Shadow Warrior series? Those I've heard are pretty hard.

Shadow Warrior is great. BOTH the 1997 original and the 2014 reboot. The reboot is a hard platinum from what I heard due to Heroic difficulty. Now there's a Shadow Warrior 3 so there's three games from this vastly underrated, underappreciated franchise.

• Like 3

If you're open to ps3 games yeah theres some good ones like COD Classic & MOH Frontline if you're willing to go that old school
as for ps4, Payday 2 is great if you can find some people to have fun with, but it will take forever to get all the dlc done
I think that ps4 port of the og Red Faction is a pain in the ass, though i can't verify that myself
of course there's always COD, which people always complain about the zombies in (but it's not actually that bad)
also the fact you bring up hotline miami makes me think you're also reaching out of standard shooter fare, some maybe something along the lines of dead nation or something?
and then the obvious people have already brought up ala shadow warrior/wolf 2/doom 2/etc.

• Like 2

Maybe Back 4 Blood or Aliens: Fireteam Elite could scratch that itch.

Also, for future reference, if a thread already exists, it's better to just revive that thread rather than make a duplicate on the same topic.