Listed as Free with Release date of 2/22/22 in NA store

djb5f

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Is this the full game or some sort of timed trial?  Description shows a release date of today and product description as “base game”.

I added it to my Library.  Shows free upgrade to ps5 version as well.

Jackpot?

its just the demo

Just now, pro_cow_tipper said:

Yeah, I see similar.  It is the full game but just a free, extended weekend of it, Feb 24th-28th.

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-free-trial-goes-live-next-week/

Why this is not mentioned anywhere on the product page (on the PS App) is a major oversight.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, I see similar.  It is the full game but just a free, extended weekend of it, Feb 24th-28th.

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-free-trial-goes-live-next-week/

Why this is not mentioned anywhere on the product page (on the PS App) is a major oversight.  

It says trial on the app too...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

It's a free trial for both versions of the game. The time frame is February 24th - February 28th. (2022) The question now becomes, are trophies unlockable? If so I think during the 4 days the Plat is possible but it might be close.

I've tried a free weekend trial for Ghost Recon Wildlands back in the day and that wasn't the case

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I just found it on my app - store->new games-> AC Valhalla. Still shows the word trial (AU store).

Interesting.  Not the case in the NA store.  

I did find Trial of you pull up the main game and there is a trial option underneath the price but if you pull it up through New Games (the 2/22), nothing about a trial is mentioned.

56 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

So how does this work after the 28th? I downloaded a no charge 72+ GB game last night, and am curious what will happen if I boot it up in March. When I boot it up, will I get a prompt demanding my credit card number?

No lol, u just can’t play it after 28th, u can buy the game if u want and carry on

32 minutes ago, Joel-gd said:

Can you earn trophies on the trial or will they pop only if you buy the full game?

I didn’t get any trophies in the trial so u gotta get the full game

7 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

So how does this work after the 28th? I downloaded a no charge 72+ GB game last night, and am curious what will happen if I boot it up in March. When I boot it up, will I get a prompt demanding my credit card number?

When you enter the Main Menu a message will appear, telling you that the trial is over and you have to pay for the full game if you want it. You can try downloading an old beta from your library and it's the same scenario.

• Like 1