March 2022's PS+ Games - Ghostrunner, Team Sonic Racing, ARK: Survival Evolved, GoT: Legends

Abby_TheLastofUs

For anyone still reading this thread, while you can use Ark's admin commond code cheatycodes whatever to get all the trophies, as I did, I had a hell of a time getting them to work. 

I was able to get the DLC to work with them too, but it wa sstill rough. Game crashes and freezes, and things not working abound. I used a physical copy, I am certain it was updated to latest version to play online with my friend. 

It is like Conan. Extremely large and deeep with some seriosuly complex shit you can do, but also console commands. Don't expect this to be an hour's worth of typing crap. It could be more, it could bug on you, it could decide to not even work. I don't know man, the game is too big for it's britches alright.

• Like 1

In terms of quality and fun (and variety), this is an awesome month actually. Ark Survival is the only true rotten apple here.

I'm a fan of Crash CTR, is Sonic similar to that?

Partially, but TSR noticeably differs for being more fast-paced, leaning slightly more towards arcade racing than its well known, more traditional kart-based peers (CTR, Mario Kart), and of course being a wholly team-based game. (There is the traditional FFA mode, but it's not the focus this time around, thus it's understandably not as refined as the team system or probably as great as other popular cartoony mascot racers that are designed around that. If you're intending to ignore the team system in favor of FFA, you probably won't enjoy the game as much as CTR or MK.)

If one of reasons you're a fan is because you like the high skill ceiling and difficulty over the typically more casual MK though, then that's at least one aspect you'll find very similar here. TSR also has a lot of modern features (inline with MK8) that CTR:NF just doesn't have, like online multiplayer split-screen, download leaderboard/friend ghost, local split-screen (and online) coop for its own adventure mode, and more, incase you care about more than simply just the racing gameplay and roster in your games.

Honestly, though, TSR is at its peak in online competitive play (because the team mechanics, along with the item pick-ups, are used to their full potential in that setting that you just can't experience in the single player). And contrary to popular belief, the online servers (PS4) have never been dead or only populated by a "few" people (save Xbox playerbase)—everyone generalized their lower platform playerbases together as if they're equal, as well as jumped to that false conclusion after repeatedly staying in empty to lowly populated lobbies without exiting to find new and populated rooms (often times it will take more than one attempt, but you will certainly find others with decent effort).

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

Well, it seems that the multiplayer of Team Sonic Racing is broken, I just can't find people to play with, it searches for a lobby for like 4 seconds and then it just creates a new one just for me, I thought maybe it's a me problem but I found multiple threads about this, most of them made after the game was put on ps+. Nice lol

• Like 1