Your Class and Build

WhisperingDusk

I love to know your chosen class you want to start as / started as, and which build you're thinking of. 

I liked the idea of An Enchanted Knight. But I also like the frantic playstyle of Bloodborne (though I had an arcane build). So somehow I want a mage dexterity build, so it would be fun to experiment.

I also like the idea of starting from scratch (Wretch) and a build catered to what I find. 

Anyhow, probably starting Astrologer and slowly aim for more dexterity or strength play moving forward. 

Love to hear other ideas, or progress. 

• Like 1

I might try the Samurai class it sounds really fun. Unfortunately the game stranded in the post office since i wasn't at home so i have to wait until tomorrow :-( 

All of you who were able to get the game today, enjoy it, it might be one of the best games this year has to offer.

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 3

Definitely a warrior. I always go for dual swords glass cannon build, armor just for the looks, the lowest weight for the best dodges and that's pretty much it. On the NG+ runs, I always go for boss cosplay, dark souls III nameless king or dark souls II looking glass knight were my favorites. Can't wait!

• Like 2

I'll probably play through the game enough times to play all the classes but i'll be starting as a Confessor......looks like a Jedi with that cloak and hood ?, i'm gonna try and build him like a Battlemage but we'll see, i've tried staying away from anything showing this game so i don't know whats good/not good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

If you want the easiest playthrough, the Astrologer class is the one to pick. For a harder playthrough, a class specializing in melee would be the way to go.

This is how I feel after I saw a YouTube video of someone spamming spells from a distance on a horse vs. the Radahn Starscourge. I like to play games in "easy mode," and it seems to me the most feasible way to do so would be Astrologger. Have never played a single FromSoftware game (Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro), etc. Super intrigued because of the high ratings, hopefully I don't get stomped too much while playing. Beat and plat'd HZD and GoW 2018 on the easiest difficulty settings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

Started Wretch class, every single mob can almost shot you. I think i'll make a pure strenght build for a change, i Always used mage or pyromancer on other souls.

This got me worried. I was planning doing a NoHUD, offline playthrough at first but Wretch might be overkill. Might do the classic knight, so Vanguard I guess.

5 hours ago, manumatik said:

This got me worried. I was planning doing a NoHUD, offline playthrough at first but Wretch might be overkill. Might do the classic knight, so Vanguard I guess.

You can do Classic knight or Vanguard even with Wretch. You'll find equipment and armor pretty soon After left the First area. You have to approach stealth the First soldiers with backstab, they drop pretty useful weapon and armor, u can find also a vendor at 2nd bonfire.

Edited by TenebraZero

The power pyx guide mentions magic is well OP and says that this is one of hardest souls games to be a tank melee build, due to bosses being able to 1 or 2 hit you.

Im pretty keen on the prisoner with a dex / int. Playing as the astrologer sounds far the easiest, but I think that I would almost get bored spamming ranged magic attacks all the time, good to mix it up with melee. Apparently the prisoner is the late bloomer class, which you want for endgame or PVP later.

https://www.powerpyx.com/elden-ring-best-starting-class-guide/

Edited by SlipingJimmy