Your Class and Build

WhisperingDusk

1 hour ago, PainOfDemise said:

I don't know what I'm doing. I went with the Confessor and just going with a hybrid build of some magic and sword and board.

I did exactly this.

I'm 16 hours in, killed the first couple 'main' bosses. Been exploring dungeons and unlocking the map from there.

Not sure how the build will work for the endgame... I've been levelling up intelligence, strength and health. The summons really help with the bosses.

33 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Yes very hard fight

Well done. Did you find anything valuable afterwards or was it just a little boost for the beginning of the game, like in Demon's Souls?

I'm not sure if I should attempt this fight or just wait til I get there again or face him somewhere else at some point in the game. Was it worth it?

Edited by Domino_Destructo

Started s the prisoner class dex / int build and got him up to level 17. Have to say I am pretty happy with my choice with having access to range glint magic and estoc blade still to finish them off at close range, I am breezing through some of the mini bosses in the ruins first go without being hit once.

I just run into boss room spawn the spirit dogs to distract the boss, and sit back and snipe using magic glint blade attacks, dodge and use estoc to finish it off once there health is low. 

I imagine doing a straight melee build would make the game alot harder. Bosses and mini bosses do hit very hard and can kill you in 1 or 2 hits. Seems a bit more brutal than dark souls 3, which is the only souls game Ive played.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

The bosses are absolutely brutal. The one I am at now is killing me in 1/2 hits and he's fast - feels really close to impossible. Sadly, I think I need to spend multiple hours levelling up somewhere before I can progress further. Beginning to think that my character build is a bit too all over the place!

• Like 1

Lvl 26 - all points into strenght (30 atm) and started Vagabond.

First "main" boss first try. Don't get scared when people say they get one shotted because that's bs. I got hits lots of time and didn't have any problems.

I did get a weapon called Battle Hammer early on though (131+ 62) as 2hander. It melts everything so far.

4 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

Well done. Did you find anything valuable afterwards or was it just a little boost for the beginning of the game, like in Demon's Souls?

I'm not sure if I should attempt this fight or just wait til I get there again or face him somewhere else at some point in the game. Was it worth it?

I was hoping to loot the fire dragon head like the trailers but the boss doesnt dropped :(

7 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

I was hoping to loot the fire dragon head like the trailers but the boss doesnt dropped :(

Dragon head? You're talking about Godric the Golden, right? It's one of the main bosses.

I was asking about the very first boss you encounter "Grafted Scion", right after crossing the bridge at the start of the game. :)

Anyway, I found my answer already and yeah, the game doesn't reward you with anything special that would be worth killing that boss, so no point in going through that much trouble.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:18 PM, TenebraZero said:

You can do Classic knight or Vanguard even with Wretch. You'll find equipment and armor pretty soon After left the First area. You have to approach stealth the First soldiers with backstab, they drop pretty useful weapon and armor, u can find also a vendor at 2nd bonfire.

Cheers, in the end went with Prophet and it was insanely fun. 14 hours in, game's a masterpiece.

Any key items you suggest my fellow Astrologer classes?

im using Meteorite staff with green turtle talisman to help with cast speed. Glint stone pebble seems like the most dmg to FP cost ratio. Shame really. So many cool spells but cost way too much FP with little dmg to show. 

im level 69 with 33 INT so any advice to help my character would be so appreciated. 

I’ve found the ash summons extremely helpful as a mage. Keeps mobs and bosses off me and they concentrate on the summon. I use the Skeletal Militiamen Ashes, they get themselves back up if their bones aren’t destroyed ?

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

Started as Wretch.

Been putting lots of points into STR/DEX.

Main weapons are currently Pickaxe and Battle Hammer +3.

Hoping to eventually use Colossal Weapons, I think <3

Some points of course for HP and STA as well.

Staying away from most spells but grabbed 12 INT so I can cast Magic on my right-hand weapon / weapon buff.

Love this game so much. So glad to see another Souls released.

Base PS4 Crew

[EDIT: Also, I chose the two Gargoyle Keys at the start but kinda regret that since the areas you access with them are pretty rough for a starter person.]

Edited by tranquility101

Started as Hero to build a full strength character, played 2 hours then realized it might be a painful choice ?

New game as Astrologer and right now I'm level 40 or something with

Vigor 16

Mind 23

Endurance 18 or something

Strength 8

Dexterity 12

Intelligence 30

Faith 8

Arcane 9

Vagabond with dual handed Lordsworn Greatsword +8 with bloody slash, occasional one handed when needing the horizontal slice. Battle hammer for backup. Attributes mostly on STR, END and VIG, level 42 now. 

Bloody Slash can save a lot of situations.

While fighting the red wolf I got rid of shields completely, only use them very rarely now.  

May respec soon to optimize for STR + arcane and hope there are more “bloodmage” skills

12 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Any key items you suggest my fellow Astrologer classes?

im using Meteorite staff with green turtle talisman to help with cast speed. Glint stone pebble seems like the most dmg to FP cost ratio. Shame really. So many cool spells but cost way too much FP with little dmg to show. 

im level 69 with 33 INT so any advice to help my character would be so appreciated. 

I’ve found the ash summons extremely helpful as a mage. Keeps mobs and bosses off me and they concentrate on the summon. I use the Skeletal Militiamen Ashes, they get themselves back up if their bones aren’t destroyed 1f60e.png

Use rock sling spell with that meteorite staff. This helped me kill many, many bosses including some of the later ones. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morphiar said:

Use rock sling spell with that meteorite staff. This helped me kill many, many bosses including some of the later ones. 

you think rock sling has better DPS than pebble? I’ll give it a shot! 

Oh and for anyone who went Astronomer, I found a magical katana that has C scaling in INT. Called moonveil. It’s damage still goes up when I pump stats into INT. Perfect for battle mages like me. Don’t sleep on this one mages

• Like 1