PlayStation Spartacus GamesBeat leak

Maxemole

Doesn't look to good to me.  Ps Plus goes up almost double in price to120.00 per year.  they give me two free games that are probably already on the Ps plus extra deal.  PS Plus Extra would cost more than ps plus and ps now combined right now.  Gotta see what kind of older games they add but something tells me it's the same old shit we got on ps now currently.  Letting me try some playstation games I already know are great games and I probably plan on picking up anyway for a few days trial isn't anything either.   On the outside this doesn't look appealing looks like we are just getting charged more for the same services they got now to me.

• Like 3

Assuming this is legit, I will just get PS+ Extra. Internet may not be good enough for streaming and as I still have my older consoles the classic games don't interest me. PSNow already has a tremendously large catalogue of games as well.

The only classic game I can think of right now I would get would be the Syphon Filter games. Probably a long shot, but if they brought back the online for Omega Strain I would be transported back to my teenage years.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Would be nice. 

Honestly, I don't think they should launch a service like this unless they do offer downloadable Classic games. I've done some more reading on this and apparently, these classics are a big part of the service. This would make sense considering that patent from a while ago that would make older games backward compatible with PS5.

20 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The leak is from the same person that xbox live was going free. 

Eh. If you're going to leak things some of them will be wrong. It's not the journo's fault as much as it is the source's, even if the journo should do as much as possible to ensure their sources are correct. Plus, he's been right on a lot of things too and he even said the Xbox Live thing is still happening, he just gave the wrong timeline. I'd say a 70/30 chance this Spartacus leak is real, though the prices will probably be different upon reveal.

Edited by Maxemole

1 minute ago, johncnstntn__ said:

The only way I see ps5 running ps3 games is running through emulation. They are not even compatible to run backwards afaik. Long-time plus subscribes and ps4 owners won't be happy in my opinion and just stick with Essentials.

I'd be happy even with emulation. PS3 is the only PlayStation console gen I missed out on and I'd love to be able to play those games without streaming them.

Edited by Maxemole
  • Like 1

One thing i find i bit suspicious is those monthly prices, PS Now is only $6 extra. 

If that's the case then it seems much cheaper than it currently is, and this would have to mean they can no longer put Now games on Plus and Plus games on Now. Been a Now sub since day 1 and was going to stop when it expires, would definitely resub if this is true. 

• Like 1

I wonder what the pricing is for a 1-year membership purchase. Also, I hope this means they would finally fix the PS Now streaming issues with playing PS3 games since from what I know, only PS2 and PS4 games can be downloaded to reduce the internet issues. And, I am curious if the Game Catalogue also includes PS3/Vita games which would be nice since they discontinued the PS3/Vita part of PS+ and stopped doing discounts on Legacy games.

• Like 1

I want to wait for more details, but so far I am intrigued. The price points seem OK for all the extra benefits and games they’re claiming to offer. Premium looks a little suss though. If it’s only $3 more I’d pay for it of course, but it doesn’t sound all that different from the previous tier, nor is it similar to services like the Xbox GamePass in the ways that I was hoping for. Hopefully we get some official news soon so we can get confirmation on some of this stuff.

• Like 1

I know Sony-bashing can be popular here but I don’t imagine them passing an actual 100% raise on the « basic » PS+ price without any extra additional perk in return. I’m quite cautious with this leak at the moment…

On 25/02/2022 at 5:31 PM, Varhur said:

Those are the monthly pricings, not annual, so I'd expect year of PS+ to stay at 60 dollars, extra for 80 and premium for 100.

Quite well spotted. Hopefully you’re right, I really don’t have enough available playtime to make in a 100+€ subscription any profitable…

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1