Someone explain Co op to me please

Suporex

hi,

I am at first boss and I look at summoning pool and I can't summon anyone, why? I can't see signs for summon too but when I was checking Items I can see that I have to use FFR to see them, so it is OK.
But why I can't summon through pool? when I send me sign to pool I am being summoned instantly and the guy summons other person through summoning pool too. Why I can't?

oh and on a side, I see ghosts of people doing stuff but when I click on bloodstain I don't see red ghost showing how it died like in Souls games. Is it bug? does anyone have same issue?

PS. I used the FFR item and see tons of golden signs but I try for 5 minutes and it says cannot summon cooperator every time...

Edited by Suporex
  • Like 1

You have to use an Item called Furlcalling Finger Remedy.

You should have a couple in your Inventory or can craft some in your Item Crafting menu and will require 2 Erdleaf Flowers.

Also check your multiplayer settings, I set my to Matchmaking and takes a few attempts to successfully summon other players.

Edited by Bladerunnrr

I hope it's just a launch day bug that will get fixed soon.  

I grasp how to connect to others and what not. This ain't my first souls rodeo.  But my friend and I can't find each other's signs. We both even used the password matching. I lay my sign down. He used the remedy. Nothing.

He lays his sign down, I use the remedy. Nothing. 

Tried without the password. 

Still don't see it. 

Are we doing something wrong or what?

And yes we were both at the same spot in the map. 

6 hours ago, Profeelgood said:

I grasp how to connect to others and what not. This ain't my first souls rodeo.  But my friend and I can't find each other's signs. We both even used the password matching. I lay my sign down. He used the remedy. Nothing.

Still don't see it. 

I think it has something to do with crazy amount of people that play right now and possibly their servers can't handle.

9 hours ago, Profeelgood said:

Still don't see it. 

Are you and your friend from different regions? If so, make sure you enable the 'Cross-Region Play' option in the Network part of the settings. I had trouble seeing my friend's sign at the start too, but once I saw that was an option and changed it, we've had no issues since.

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Are you and your friend from different regions? If so, make sure you enable the 'Cross-Region Play' option in the Network part of the settings. I had trouble seeing my friend's sign at the start too, but once I saw that was an option and changed it, we've had no issues since.

I did mess with those settings too, but we live in the same small town in Ohio. Its a work friend of mine to top it off. 

My friend and I had trouble at first as well but here is what we did.

He is a different region. We both made sure we had cross-region on and mat hmaking set to enable.

We dont use the group password, just the normal password option. I know this sounds silly but make sure you both are spelling the password the same. A simple misspelling and you wont connect.

It seems that signs have an easier time being seen by being placed around points of grace or the pools. We did not try at the very first geace point. But from the Church onward we havent had problems.

If you are both in the exact same area when one of you places the sign and it isnt appearing. Whoever is looking for the sign after using the fullcurling medicine, move away from the area just a bit. Seemed to trigger it for us.

It is a bit anniying because unlike Dark Souls, there is no sound to register that the sign has appeared. Also, on some of the foliage colors, the golden color of the sign blends in. Look carefully that the sign hasnt appeared too closely to the point of grace.

Finally, even if you guys are in the same region, the game could be loading you in different versions of the server. If you really cant see each other after a few min. You could both try exiting to the main menu to refresh the server.

As for the signs of others not allowing you to summon others. There are tons of people playing right now and the signs you are seeing are already being pulled by others and the game not registering it. Happened a bunch in front of the first main boss area last night.

Hope this helps!