Grid Legends

VenlafaxineHead

Yeah. Playing the PS5 Version. The haptics are there… but REALLY soft. No tension on the gas or break. 

I loaded Dirt 5 because the haptics are excellent in that game just to test it… and it worked fine. So I know it’s not my settings or controller. 

all in game settings are on and turned up to max… but just very weak, minor feedback. 

• 3 months later...

This game has the single most broken trophy system of any game I've ever played from PS3 to PS5. 

There are a lot of specific trophies that involve completing sponsor objectives to unlock cars/sprays/TROPHIES!  They don't track and are unattainable. I've seen that other people have somehow attained them so I'm sure this isn't an all-encompassing issue...but I literally cannot unlock half of the trophies due to the BS brokenness of sponsorship objectives not registering. 

This went from a mediocre racing game to a "F-this!" racing game. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

This game has the single most broken trophy system of any game I've ever played from PS3 to PS5. 

There are a lot of specific trophies that involve completing sponsor objectives to unlock cars/sprays/TROPHIES!  They don't track and are unattainable. I've seen that other people have somehow attained them so I'm sure this isn't an all-encompassing issue...but I literally cannot unlock half of the trophies due to the BS brokenness of sponsorship objectives not registering. 

When I played it had similar issues with the sponsor tracking but it somehow didn't mess up my trophy progress. Like, I would meet the requirements, the sponsor objective would not get checked off, but once I did all three objectives, the bonus race unlocked all the same. Just make sure you complete that race; that's how you get the trophy, not just finishing the objectives.

As far as haptics go, they "worked" when I was playing, but we're inconsistent, I guess you'd say. Like, I'd press through the resistance and then it wouldn't have any after that. Didn't really add anything at all, haha.

1 hour ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

Have you never played a Codemasters racing game before? They are notorious for broken trophies, 

1 hour ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

Yep. I had no issue with unlocking the Sponsor events .. but I had to do them one at a time and each in one sitting so the counter didn't reset or go wild.

I have issues with the Ferrari and GT1 related trophies. Heard that since the latest patch update those trophies aren't popping properly. 

I knew I should have waited to play this when it was a full package (possibly with future DLC) and heavily discounted in a year or two. It's a shame because although GRiD had its' flaws, I think I preferred that one. 

On 5/27/2022 at 0:50 PM, yowzagabowza said:

When I played it had similar issues with the sponsor tracking but it somehow didn't mess up my trophy progress. Like, I would meet the requirements, the sponsor objective would not get checked off, but once I did all three objectives, the bonus race unlocked all the same. Just make sure you complete that race; that's how you get the trophy, not just finishing the objectives.

As far as haptics go, they "worked" when I was playing, but we're inconsistent, I guess you'd say. Like, I'd press through the resistance and then it wouldn't have any after that. Didn't really add anything at all, haha.

I always complete the races. Honestly I've played it so much I probably should have all the sponsor trophies X10 by now. 

I don't get it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, tried switching sponsors, It's just an absolute train-wreck though. It'll say some objectives are complete, yet still not register. I can drive "Track Day Cars" for 5000 miles and it'll get stuck at like 42. I don't understand how something can be that broken...yet also how some people have literally no issues at all. Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones. 

38 minutes ago, VenlafaxineHead said:

I always complete the races. Honestly I've played it so much I probably should have all the sponsor trophies X10 by now. 

I don't get it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, tried switching sponsors, It's just an absolute train-wreck though. It'll say some objectives are complete, yet still not register. I can drive "Track Day Cars" for 5000 miles and it'll get stuck at like 42. I don't understand how something can be that broken...yet also how some people have literally no issues at all. Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones. 

Damn, that really sucks. I'm sure they'll patch it all eventually, but that doesn't excuse the mess the game is right now.

• Like 1