Gran Turismo 7 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

So the new KoF and the new GT are notably easier than their predecessors. Interesting. Even games considered hardcore are being somewhat nerfed.

12 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

You can't please everyone apparently :D too hard, too easy, too boring... 

there should be 2 different lists, one hard and one easy. that would please everyone.

/s

Zero interest in the game as i've never been a fan of the series.

The devs probably don't give 2 shits about trophies as it's a minority interest, but those trophy tiles are horrendous and lazy, even the plat tile colour is almost the same as the Silver trophies. ?‍♂️

Poor effort all round. For those keen to play it and are aiming to go for the plat, I hope the game is good and works out for them.

• Like 2

Seems like a decent list to me. There doesn't seem to be the equivalent of getting to level 50 of GT Sport (which is likely why I won't ever get that platinum).

"Driving the Autobahn Together" might be slightly annoying, but I've driven double that amount in GT Sport and I mostly enjoyed it, so it should only be a matter of time.

• Like 1

I think we have an early leader for worst set of trophy tiles of 2022. Unimaginative AND copied straight from GT Sport. Doesn't make me any less excited for the game itself though.

EDIT: I also see they didn't bother using the tracker for the count/distance based trophies.

Edited by barra333
  • Like 1

The grind for the game isn't that bad, tbh. Compared to GT5, GT7 is much more forgiving. You'll need a hefty wallet to get the cars required for the Scapes trophies, but you can easily make 1 million in about an hour by repeating races. The distances are the grindy part, mostly the online. There is a splitscreen option (that oddly does not require a second controller lol) but I haven't been able to figure out if that counts as online yet or if it counts towards the offline mileage trophies. The worst part of the list, imho, are the Sport trophies. These races only happen at certain times of the day, so you need to open your schedule to making them. They're also currently offline, so can't even work on them at this moment, lol. The Sport servers were on only for Monday/Tuesday morning and from what I can gather, you can squeeze in about 6-9 races in a day, if you have the right cars, of course. So you're looking at about a 4-5 day run for the 50 race trophies. Everything else is just general GT trophies, but on the forgiving side. 

As with most GT games, the entire game is online-based so if the servers go down like they did yesterday, the only thing you can do is play a single track with a single car over and over again, but anything you earn offline won't be saved. Not a fan of that, but such is GT. 

It's a great addition to the franchise. GT fans will quite enjoy this one. There's a lot to do in it. Also love me some license tests. Mmm. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Velvet said:

The grind for the game isn't that bad, tbh. Compared to GT5, GT7 is much more forgiving. You'll need a hefty wallet to get the cars required for the Scapes trophies, but you can easily make 1 million in about an hour by repeating races. The distances are the grindy part, mostly the online. There is a splitscreen option (that oddly does not require a second controller lol) but I haven't been able to figure out if that counts as online yet or if it counts towards the offline mileage trophies. The worst part of the list, imho, are the Sport trophies. These races only happen at certain times of the day, so you need to open your schedule to making them. They're also currently offline, so can't even work on them at this moment, lol. The Sport servers were on only for Monday/Tuesday morning and from what I can gather, you can squeeze in about 6-9 races in a day, if you have the right cars, of course. So you're looking at about a 4-5 day run for the 50 race trophies. Everything else is just general GT trophies, but on the forgiving side. 

As with most GT games, the entire game is online-based so if the servers go down like they did yesterday, the only thing you can do is play a single track with a single car over and over again, but anything you earn offline won't be saved. Not a fan of that, but such is GT. 

It's a great addition to the franchise. GT fans will quite enjoy this one. There's a lot to do in it. Also love me some license tests. Mmm. 

Three Legendary Cars will be the major grind. Those 3 cars will probably cost a total of 60 million CR.

1 hour ago, Velvet said:

is the complete a race with no assists trophy still glitched?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

1 hour ago, Velvet said:

The worst part of the list, imho, are the Sport trophies. These races only happen at certain times of the day, so you need to open your schedule to making them. They're also currently offline, so can't even work on them at this moment, lol. The Sport servers were on only for Monday/Tuesday morning and from what I can gather, you can squeeze in about 6-9 races in a day, if you have the right cars, of course. So you're looking at about a 4-5 day run for the 50 race trophies.

Care to elaborate on that? I just looked at SuperGT's review and the sport mode looks very similar in how it is set up in GT Sport - races every 20/30 min around the clock.

21 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

is the complete a race with no assists trophy still glitched?

Nope, the description is a tad misleading, but matched up notes with another person (thanks R2R) and figured out what was missing.

15 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Care to elaborate on that? I just looked at SuperGT's review and the sport mode looks very similar in how it is set up in GT Sport - races every 20/30 min around the clock.

At least based on when they were up Monday, and mind you I'm hoping they change it to the model you've mentioned, the races start at the same time for everyone globally. So for instance, the first block I had start at 5 PM and there were 3 races in it, one at 5, one at 5:20, the last at 5:45. The next block started at 7 PM. But then the block after that started at 1 AM. Needless to say, I did not stay up for that one, lol. I was able to get at least 6 on that first day, but I missed the morning so I'm hoping there are at least 9, if not 12 throughout the day. Even more so, I'm hoping they do change it to every 20/30 minutes every hour. You do have to do a qualifying time trial before you can participate so they can match you up to other players, but as far as start times... it was quite sporadic. But as stated, that mode has been offline since they did maintenance last night so crossing my fingers it's getting a small update of love. 

EDIT: Also for those asking about rubber banding... yes, if you set the controls to the analog sticks, plop yourself in a 100 lap race on Speed Ring or Blue Mountain, you can use the rubber band trick. Not a huge fan of doing that, but you do you babes. 

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Velvet said:

At least based on when they were up Monday, and mind you I'm hoping they change it to the model you've mentioned, the races start at the same time for everyone globally. So for instance, the first block I had start at 5 PM and there were 3 races in it, one at 5, one at 5:20, the last at 5:45. The next block started at 7 PM. But then the block after that started at 1 AM. Needless to say, I did not stay up for that one, lol. I was able to get at least 6 on that first day, but I missed the morning so I'm hoping there are at least 9, if not 12 throughout the day. Even more so, I'm hoping they do change it to every 20/30 minutes every hour. You do have to do a qualifying time trial before you can participate so they can match you up to other players, but as far as start times... it was quite sporadic. But as stated, that mode has been offline since they did maintenance last night so crossing my fingers it's getting a small update of love. 

I'm assuming (hoping) that the timeslots were very limited to force the limited number of people with the game to be able to see each other.

25 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I'm assuming (hoping) that the timeslots were very limited to force the limited number of people with the game to be able to see each other.

Possibly. Each lobby can hold 20 players and we maxed out at 5, lol. I imagine when everyone hops on, there will be much more demand for more races. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Because I don't want to make a new post... there is not a trophy for just "starting the game". That's been a rumor for a few days now, but it's not true. There are two trophies that you can get within minutes of starting the game (the past 5 drivers in one lap and starting the first menu), but they do not automatically pop when you start the game. You have to do things for them, even though those things are insanely quick and easy, lol. 

Edited by Velvet

If you have a hard trophy they complain, if you have an easy trophy they complain.
"Gamer" nowadays is not satisfied with anything.

The icons don't matter to me, for those who have seen the laziness of NFS Heat this is nothing. Even GT5/6 has the same icons with the platinum trophy color difference.

• Like 2