Gran Turismo 7 - Trophy Thoughts?

Ghost

20 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Well, you DO have a lot of ezpz games though, but that was coincidental :D haha i looked at your profile after. 

Some people just like to brag and show off... "uuuh, these games are piss easy, i can do them blindfolded". Who cares man. Good for you :) 

That doesn't mean it's gonna be easy for everyone else. 

Yep, that is what i also think. 100% agree

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stpatty said:

It's not (and never has been) labelled a serious racing sim. "The Real Driving Simulator" is just a marketing slogan, not a comment on the realism of the physics or driving.

It's more challenging than GT Sport was but it's still accessible, and has a big in-game focus on actually learning how to control the cars and react to different conditions. It's a very good game for someone new to driving games.

I got my words mixed up with calling it serious. I was thinking of "The Real Driving Sim" slogan and took it as serious ?. Either way it's good to know it's accessible to new/casual driving game players.

Thank you.

I got gold on the last challenge yesterday evening. From my opinion this license tests were way to easy. I was hoping that they will implement something like vettel challenge in gt5 so that the Platin becomes rare.

This last challenge took me 45 minutes. It is not very easy but with some practice it's fairly doable.

• Like 1

To give yourself a challenge you can disable all driving assists.

But in the end, there is still the question why should I struggle with a trophy in this situation, while other who can barely have skills for this game earn the trophy in no time.

Maybe we can expect a DLC in the future which requires everything on gold.

Maybe they should add DLC trophies that are insanely hard for the people finding the platinum on this game so 'easy'.

Getting gold on all the licenses is tough as nails for 99% of casual players (including me). Some of them are ridiculous... if this is the easiest of the GT games then I dread to think how hard the others are. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Morphiar said:

Maybe they should add DLC trophies that are insanely hard for the people finding the platinum on this game so 'easy'.

Getting gold on all the licenses is tough as nails for 99% of casual players (including me). Some of them are ridiculous... if this is the easiest of the GT games then I dread to think how hard the others are. 

its funny how some people can’t play a game, its not testing their Will to live ?

7 hours ago, Morphiar said:

GT5 is legit one of the 5-10 hardest games to platinum, period, imo. And GT Sport's plat has one of the most ridiculous grinds I've ever experienced. So this series is known for having some real toughies. (GT6 has a big grind, too, but it's pretty easy otherwise.)

I agree that for newbies GT7 is going to be tough, as you really have to get comfortable with how these games work on a fundamental level. There are specific lessons about driving you have to drill into your head. But if you watch some guides, pay attention to the demonstrations, and just keep putting the laps in, I think they're all totally doable, even for first-timers, eventually.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

GT5 is legit one of the 5-10 hardest games to platinum, period, imo. And GT Sport's plat has one of the most ridiculous grinds I've ever experienced. So this series is known for having some real toughies. (GT6 has a big grind, too, but it's pretty easy otherwise.)

I agree that for newbies GT7 is going to be tough, as you really have to get comfortable with how these games work on a fundamental level. There are specific lessons about driving you have to drill into your head. But if you watch some guides, pay attention to the demonstrations, and just keep putting the laps in, I think they're all totally doable, even for first-timers, eventually.

You can turn down GT5's diffculty drastically by cheesing the Red Bull X1 Challenge.

Spoiler

I agree that GT6 is the easiest of the bunch, with GT Sport being second in terms of doability. The 91 victories and 65 pole positions seem daunting at first but can be done with relative ease by tanking your rating on purpose in order to get matched with lesser skilled players. When taking the glitch into account I'm actually not sure whether GT5 is harder than GT7. It took me four hours to gold license test S-10 and I can't remember anything in GT5 that took me that long. It's been close to ten years since then though, so my memories could be letting me down. I definitely remember though that you didn't have to do the endurance races on your own, you could just hand your B-Spec driver a ridiculously overpowered car and have him complete those races for you.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:12 AM, OverHypedG said:

No.you need to log out out of one console, you can never play on the same acc on multiple consoles.

The game automatically recognises your GT profile. 

No sorry I'm saying go back and forth, not at the same time.

So I could play on PS5 and then sometimes play on PS4 in the other room and it'll sign me in and pop whatever trophies for the most part.  That'd be so convenient.  And it would mean that I could totally just play on PS5 but still get the PS4 list while getting the PS5 improvements.

I mainly just don't want to have to do the license tests twice lol.

Edited by Chettlar

16 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

You can turn down GT5's diffculty drastically by cheesing the Red Bull X1 Challenge.

Reveal hidden contents

I agree that GT6 is the easiest of the bunch, with GT Sport being second in terms of doability. The 91 victories and 65 pole positions seem daunting at first but can be done with relative ease by tanking your rating on purpose in order to get matched with lesser skilled players. When taking the glitch into account I'm actually not sure whether GT5 is harder than GT7. It took me four hours to gold license test S-10 and I can't remember anything in GT5 that took me that long. It's been close to ten years since then though, so my memories could be letting me down. I definitely remember though that you didn't have to do the endurance races on your own, you could just hand your B-Spec driver a ridiculously overpowered car and have him complete those races for you.

tanking your DR only takes you so far once you take into account rammers. and at many times during the day, you'll have at least a few B+ drivers in lower lobbies that can easily smoke someone less skilled. that coupled with the insane lvl 50 grind, i think it's pretty difficult with quite a high barrier for entry.

Edited by whirring_

Just now, Shorah- said:

Any possibility to speed up the process for 50 sport races?

Do races A or B as they turn around every 20min. And hope that the the trophy pops early (stats counting is whack right now). 50 sport mode races is not exactly the barrier to platinum anyway.

1 hour ago, barra333 said:

Do races A or B as they turn around every 20min. And hope that the the trophy pops early (stats counting is whack right now). 50 sport mode races is not exactly the barrier to platinum anyway.

It's just really boring, 3 races per hour.

On 11/03/2022 at 2:10 PM, Morphiar said:

AMG and Vettel challenges were insanely hard on GT5: whereas you can get gold on a GT7 S license by being average and even using some assists, GT5 had simply no margin for error. You would only get gold if you were hundreds of seconds away from absolute perfection (the exception was the Vettel challenges, but the issue here wasn't really the time requirements, but the car and the speed of the thing), not to mention the licenses (and other challenges as well), which were orders of magnitude harder than GT7 ones. I don't know how I did it, to be honest, I guess I simply had a lot of free time back then.

And I don't miss trophies like the ones featured on GT5. For me GT7 is pretty well ballanced: keeps some of the tradition of GT being hard to complete, but without overdoing it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

What’s defined as a clean race? Is it not bumping into cars or the side barriers? Because sometimes i’ve bumped into a couple of cars at high speed and still got the clean race bonus. Same goes for bumping into the barriers.

I guess there's a little bit of leniency there. I'm the same as you. I've had races where I crashed hard into a wall, but still got the bonus. I guess as long as you don't do too much dirty driving, you'll still get the bonus. I'm gonna guess 2 or 3 hard crashes will take it away.

2 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I guess there's a little bit of leniency there. I'm the same as you. I've had races where I crashed hard into a wall, but still got the bonus. I guess as long as you don't do too much dirty driving, you'll still get the bonus. I'm gonna guess 2 or 3 hard crashes will take it away.

My guess is that a "clean race", means that you haven't obstructed anyone. I think you can hit barriers or hit other racers, if it doesn't hinder their race or give you an advantage. 

So i think it's clean as in sportsmanship wise. Just my guess :) 

• Like 1