Trophy Thoughts?

Alos88

12 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

I agree, it's not Forbidden West standard for graphics, but that's just the Aesthetic they were going for - Oil Painting, but graphics wise I agree it's not the most appealing to the eye. Personally I'm enjoying the demo so far, gameplay seems decent enough at least.

The art style is one thing. I wonder who approved this voice acting? Is it the same team that chose Nier's voice acting in english? I dont think so. 

If they chose to go for lower graphic fidelity , they should've put all thier effort on gameplay and voice acting.

Not worth 60$ , i will wait for a deep sale .

21 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Well dude, PlatinumGames just released Sol Cresta too and I've never seen a game with such little press. I don't get it; you're releasing two games the same time as Elden Ring and it feels like they made no effort to drum up interest? 

platinum has nothing to do with the promotion of the game, that falls on square enix since they are the publisher. this is gonna be marvels avengers but worse since this doesnt have the avenger name.

17 hours ago, rockhopper78 said:

I tried the demo for about an hour yesterday. It looks absolutely terrible in graphics department and voices and everything. It also has a very weird effect over the sky I can’t quite describe, kind of like paint streaks on a canvas. Character models and hair look very bad. 

After playing Horizon and then coming to this it looked like a straight up PlayStation 2 or 3 game. And that’s putting it mildly. Gameplay wasn’t much better. It’s basic light attack and heavy attacks and block and dodge. You get scored on each encounter with a medal on how well you did. I thought this is the demo they’re going with to entice people to want to play the full game. I may play it someday if it’s an easy platinum since I get to play it for free, but even then it will be a big maybe. And it’s quite obvious they are just putting this game out to die. It was supposed to come out a couple years ago. And they’re releasing it now in such a crowded time with Horizon and Elden Ring, I don’t see this doing well at all. 

Also, it’s a live service game with daily login rewards. 

Feedback on the preview builds and demos has been quite mediocre and disappointing.

I wouldn't usually include the verb "tank" and "PlatinumGames" in the same sentence, but it seems like this game will bomb. And the trophy list seems to mirror that as well: cookie-cutter straightforward in most ways, and very grindy at the end. This looks like a pass.

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

platinum has nothing to do with the promotion of the game, that falls on square enix since they are the publisher. this is gonna be marvels avengers but worse since this doesnt have the avenger name.

Yeah fair enough, a friend of mine corrected me on that as well. Well they themselves did a piss poor job with Sol Cresta and Square did a piss poor job with this game. What doesn't help it is the art style, which is bizarre to say the least. Sometimes the game looks fine, mostly when you're playing, but the cutscenes often look almost intentionally bad.

Having played the demo for a while I don't even dislike the game, I think it's fine, I just can't imagine this game actually succeeding

So, two discussion here. I’ll answer both.

First, looks can be deceiving. Collecting a million of anything can be a pain, and 100 legendary weapons could be a drag. The list has the stink of a Japanese game; nothing challenging or interesting, but a possibly pointless grind.

Second, I’ve only seen the trailer, but it wasn’t terribly impressive. It’s funny to remember a time where the name Square or Enix as a publisher was a mark of quality for me. Now, no fooling, it’s a warning sign.

Edited by starcrunch061

I just finished the demo, been grinding solo and working on the two bosses we get. If this game had better support out of the gate than it'll probably have and more community interest I'd say it would probably succeed. But since it's a live service game and is likely to go the way of the dinosaurs within half a year, I'd say get in on PS+ and hope for the best for rarity

I am interested in the game, but while playing the demo, I didn’t feel a hook that set this game apart from any other game. What really turns me off is the possibility of a massive amount of dlc that turns a platinum grind into a 100% nightmare. They already have a battle pass and micro transactions in the demo. I’ve never seen a game with those not try and increase its longevity with an endless amount of dlc. I do not like the idea of being locked into a game that is pretty unremarkable from the start for an unspecified amount of time. The rarity is far less important to me than wasted time I could spend on better games. I will say this is all based on my impressions of the demo, so of course I don’t have all of the information.

• Like 1

If the beta is any consolation to anyone here as I participated in both - the game, at least in my opinion, was not very good. It was not visually appealing either and the gameplay was...."something" to say the least; however, I am not sure how much has changed or if anything at all has, but the demo looks to be the same as the beta(s) in terms of visuals. The trophy list looks a bit bland, but hey, even the simplest of lists by appearance can be either long or just flat out grindy depending how the game plays when released.

• Like 1

Didn't know there was a demo for this.  Been playing it solo. And I'm enjoying it makes me think of. FF15, devil may cry, and some vandictus/souls ish

Games smooth, but I can't say I agree with the graphic choices. Outside of cinematics it's fine, tho the character modles do kinda look like unrefined PS2 era graphics from like Valkyria profile.

The 100 legendary might be a small grind. Assuming progress from demo comes into full game, I've already aquired 2.

And the 1 million$ will be a cake walk. 

Between the weekly/daily/seasional rewards giving 50-100k per. The battle pass has 25k-50k. Every few mile stones. Tho I don't like battle passes ....

Just from running the 1st 5 missions. 2x I'm already sitting on 35k.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, RawCalamari said:

Anyone know whether or not if you transfer your demo progress to the full game whether it auto-pops Trophies that you've met the requirements for? Because if it does I'm pretty sure I've done close to 50% of the list already, lol.

character loaded over - but i didn't get any auto-pop trophys once loading in - i am assuming it's a "Trigger again" system

On 2/27/2022 at 9:31 PM, PaintP said:

Is this gonna be Outriders but with Sword and Magic?

At least Outriders drew interest. Saw article that said Outriders peaked at 125K players at launch and this one… 650. On Steam. I don’t play many live service games but if I did I’d stray away from this one. Outlook not so good.

Edited by NMErickson

17 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

character loaded over - but i didn't get any auto-pop trophys once loading in - i am assuming it's a "Trigger again" system

Thanks for the update. Bit disappointing but it's no big deal considering how simple the Trophies are to get.

From what I seen from other peoples Platinum screenshots and my own experience, this list is quick. Not Ratkacrappa quick but it seems like a give or take 20 hours. I'm playing through it and I'm having fun

What boggles my mind with it besides the presentation (Shame on Square Enix for the lack of funding.), is that the fun mechanics like crafting, stances, and class abilities take a while to unlock. Those probably should unlock early enough to be in the demo. Weird design decision on their part. Reminds me of FFXIV's sluggish beginning.

Edited by Supankii

This to me felt like a good game that went unsupported and unfinished. The guy at GameStop had never even heard of it when I asked him if they were getting any in. GS employees aren't paragons of gaming knowhow but it was a funny kind of "Yeah that sounds about right for this game" moment

I'm about... 8-10 hours deep, and have been just solo'n and getting plat. Clears left and right. It's a fun slash em'. Up.   

Do wish crafting materials were 'easyer' to get..

Think I've deconstructed a good 200+ equipment just to get 4-7 of the 'mat' needed to craft 1 sword or body pice.

Really strange that crafting items don't drop till after ya unlock crafting too...

In game tracker would be helpful, but it just told me I obtained 50 weapons and the "30 weapon" trophy did not unlock.

The "30 Armor" one did unlock though. I dont think I had them all in my inventory at one time though.

Crafting trophy is probably where the grind is however.... The golds ( a few) were unlocked about 3-4hours in...

On 3/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Mitzuharu said:

In game tracker would be helpful, but it just told me I obtained 50 weapons and the "30 weapon" trophy did not unlock.

The "30 Armor" one did unlock though. I dont think I had them all in my inventory at one time though.

Crafting trophy is probably where the grind is however.... The golds ( a few) were unlocked about 3-4hours in...

There is an in game tracker. The end of the game grind is real and cannot be autopopped.