Is there a way to control when the AI heals?

Lady Lilith

I'm right at the end of the game, and the final boss is just annihilating me.  I can pretty easily blast through the dungeons to power level, but the fact remains, I can't make the AI healing work, it's flat out terrible.  Is there a way to control it, or am I just stuck with equipping the skills and just hope for the best? Last time I tried playing this, it just felt like I had no control over the AI, and they'd just let my party die.

It is why I  quit playing the game originally. The battle system is so garbage in this game that it makes it near unplayable. It is a shame as I really enjoyed the story but once again that brings me back to my point against Beyond and Ni No Kuni-"if the gameplay sucks and the story is great then JUST MAKE A FUCKING MOVIE ALREADY"

It is why I  quit playing the game originally. The battle system is so garbage in this game that it makes it near unplayable. It is a shame as I really enjoyed the story but once again that brings me back to my point against Beyond and Ni No Kuni-"if the gameplay sucks and the story is great then JUST MAKE A FUCKING MOVIE ALREADY"

Thing is, I actually managed in Ni No Kuni and Beyond, quite easily in fact...but this just seems like the luck of the draw in the dumbest way possible.  I'm considering just shelving Neptunia 1 and going on to 2, and youtubing the ending if I need to.  I remember I actually liked 2's battle system, but as it is, anything could be better than hoping for the AI to heal in Nep 1.

Thing is, I actually managed in Ni No Kuni and Beyond, quite easily in fact...but this just seems like the luck of the draw in the dumbest way possible.  I'm considering just shelving Neptunia 1 and going on to 2, and youtubing the ending if I need to.  I remember I actually liked 2's battle system, but as it is, anything could be better than hoping for the AI to heal in Nep 1.

Oh Ni No Kuni and Beyond didn't have difficult controls,  they just weren't very good. NNK had so many broken gameplay elements that it took a way a lot of the fun and the worst part was they could have all be easily fixed. Letting you open up the exploration map while flying, marking locations on the map, not making catching familiars random, not cancelling attacks when Drippy decides to attack etc.

Beyond, well that game I went over in detail about its problems in my review of the game and don't feel like talking about it again.

HDN is a shame because like I said the story is really fun, but it seemed they didn't care about the gameplay at all. If I could ever find it again I would like to platinum it but it is beyond rare to find and is crazy expensive to buy.

Just to make sure, you have the required items correct? And you have the usage rate increased to 100% for the skills you want? I know those may seem like dumb questions but I've just never really heard of anyone having problems with healing if they have it set correctly and meet the When and Why conditions.

The healing prioritizes from the top skill down too so to use Compa's skills as an example, if you have First Aid (30% heal when getting hit at 50% health of less) set to 100% and Emergency Kit (50% heal when getting hit at 30% health or less) set to 100%, both of which are "Upon Damage" skills, and you get knocked down to 25% and then get hit again then it's going to use First Aid first. It sounds like you might need to boost some of your other healing skills, like those with the When of "Upon Defense". I think that would allow you to control the healing a bit more and probably help you out.

You might know it already too but just in case, you can change item skill usage during battle too so if you really need healing then just decrease all their item skills except "Upon Defense" and then have them defend and so long as they meet the Why then you essentially just used a healing skill yourself.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 3

Like BJ says, just have those skills on 100%.

Final boss...? True Arfoire or normal Arfoire?

Normal Arfoire is pretty easily killed with Nepko and IF.

Also be sure you know which requirements are needed for item to be used. You can't expect item to be used when you get damaged and it only activates upon switching e.g.

If you don't mind easy way, set difficulty to easy and set 100% for healing items upon damage (user less than 50%)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

You can kinda manually heal. Some heal skills activate for example when you are blocking or switching.

If there's an item skill that says "activates upon blocking, health 50% or lower, grants 30% health" you can put its percentage to 100%, so everytime you've finished attacking with that character and choose block, the heal will activate when health is below 50%.

Heals activating upon switching are useful too. Choose a front- and a backrow character with both characters having such an item skill activated. Now you can attack, then switch out at the end so he automaticly heals, use the other character and if that other character is at low health you can simply switch back.

If you really get into the item skill system and the skill customization, the combat system can be really fun :3

Just the attacking animations could be a bit faster, but that's why you can skip them.

Edited by Narutofreak1412
  • Like 2