Where is the Apex Sentry Scrounger location.

Sendai-Horatio

I'm going for 100% even though it has no trophies associated with it and this is the last non-boss enemy I need. I have teleported a bunch of times between both Scrounger camps and this one doesn't spawn, hell I can't even find the regular Sentry Scrounger outside the one side quest.

I've searched all over multiple biomes, I've checked out hunting grounds, there's nothing.

I'm not a 100% on this but I've gotten the feeling during my playthrough that Apex versions of various machines show up guarding the types you are hunting or farming.

Example: I was farming the one Frostclaw spot next to Bulwark for the upgrade components (made a job through the crafting options) and the damn thing was suddenly guarded by apex clawstriders and the other wolf-like thing I can't name now not sure if Scrounger. In parallel I was farming the Slitherfang near Vegas for another set of components for the same weapon upgrade and 2nd/3rd time I showed up it became the apex version and a tougher fight.

I really don't know if it makes the difference but if you can't spawn the Apex versions at their spawn location when farming try perhaps making a job for an upgrade that requires their heats/components. Another guess from my side I don't know if game difficulty affects the spawns (regular vs. apex version) perhaps bumping up the difficulty could help?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, Valkirye22 said:

I'm not a 100% on this but I've gotten the feeling during my playthrough that Apex versions of various machines show up guarding the types you are hunting or farming.

Example: I was farming the one Frostclaw spot next to Bulwark for the upgrade components (made a job through the crafting options) and the damn thing was suddenly guarded by apex clawstriders and the other wolf-like thing I can't name now not sure if Scrounger. In parallel I was farming the Slitherfang near Vegas for another set of components for the same weapon upgrade and 2nd/3rd time I showed up it became the apex version and a tougher fight.

I really don't know if it makes the difference but if you can't spawn the Apex versions at their spawn location when farming try perhaps making a job for an upgrade that requires their heats/components. Another guess from my side I don't know if game difficulty affects the spawns (regular vs. apex version) perhaps bumping up the difficulty could help?

Apex Sentry Scroungers are currently either bugged or not in the game.  Sentry Scroungers only spawn in one quest and nowhere else. 

Rumor was Kappa cauldron spawns one if you so it at night, but the only Scrounger in there is a regular one and it was always apex for me. 

I suspect cauldrons actually have fixed enemies, both apex and regular throughout.  A regular cannot spawn as an apex and apex can't spawn as a regular.  I've done Kappa twice and got the same enemies both times, mostly apex.  I did it the first time when it was still daytime and the second it was night.

15 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Apex Sentry Scroungers are currently either bugged or not in the game.  Sentry Scroungers only spawn in one quest and nowhere else. 

Rumor was Kappa cauldron spawns one if you so it at night, but the only Scrounger in there is a regular one and it was always apex for me. 

I suspect cauldrons actually have fixed enemies, both apex and regular throughout.  A regular cannot spawn as an apex and apex can't spawn as a regular.  I've done Kappa twice and got the same enemies both times, mostly apex.  I did it the first time when it was still daytime and the second it was night.

I was hoping they fixed it, when the patch said they made scavenger machines now appear when you wreck a group of machines.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I was hoping they fixed it, when the patch said they made scavenger machines now appear when you wreck a group of machines.

That could be the first step to fixing it and they just didn't want to say too much until they get it all to work the way they want.  Thus they said they're looking into it.  I have little doubt they'll fix it, they have always been pretty good about fixing these issues.