Glitched Trophies

Tripple_Barnett

I'm not really sure what region this version of Monster Crown is, but based on a post from another region the following trophies may be bugged or glitched: 

The following did not trigger:

Learned of Pain

A Hard-fought End

Hell

Greed No More

Completely Completed

Also "Torture No More" triggered when Hell was supposed to, not sure about Worship No More.

It seems like in the other region that the "That's a wrap Chief!" trophy popped, but in this region based on the trophy image of the Tamer it didn't pop. Hopefully, when/if this is fixed we won't have to start a new game to trigger some of these trophies. 

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The stacks are EU and NA :).

Thank you for the information

49 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Really hope this game isn't broken forever. I remember there being a lot of reports of glitches, some game breaking, when it released on the Switch back in October.

Shame to hear there's bugged trophies as well. Been very interested in playing this for a while since Pokemon is dead to me nowadays.

I did speak with the dev a few days ago regarding the broken text during battles, and he seemed completely oblivious to its existence until I showed him a video on YouTube depicting the issue. There's definitely been a lot of passion put into this game but I really feel like it shouldn't have left early access any time soon, in all honesty.

Yeah, I hope the game is fixed as well. I like it so far, but the broken trophies and crashes really are bothersome. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 3:46 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

Really hope this game isn't broken forever. I remember there being a lot of reports of glitches, some game breaking, when it released on the Switch back in October.

Shame to hear there's bugged trophies as well. Been very interested in playing this for a while since Pokemon is dead to me nowadays.

I did speak with the dev a few days ago regarding the broken text during battles, and he seemed completely oblivious to its existence until I showed him a video on YouTube depicting the issue. There's definitely been a lot of passion put into this game but I really feel like it shouldn't have left early access any time soon, in all honesty.

You've stated pretty much my exact thoughts. I've not been a fan of pokemon's direction for a few games so been looking for alternatives in the genre. Followed this game for a long time and it's had bug issues on all platforms, I hope to see them fixed soon but I'm not feeling confident at this point. Text issues are pretty annoying on ps4, I've also seen a fair bit of lag wandering around and wild monsters walking through walls. This game seems very interesting and well designed, but it's missing a lot of polish still. 

• Like 2

Hey guys I'm the guy from the other region who posted about the trophy glitches.

Can you guys try to reach the developers about this? I tried myself and I got no response.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well as I am not a native English speaker, or maybe is that they think trophies are not so important, In that case would be nice to get some visibility about the issue.

• Like 4

This release sounds like an absolute mess. Funny thing is I almost bought the game yesterday but ended up going for RE Village instead - reading now all the stuff about trophies and glitches, I'm glad I did.

Hopefully this stuff will be sorted out sooner or later and the game will be left in a competent state, but by that point I'll just wait for a sale.

• Like 1

On 7.3.2022 at 3:32 AM, Spontiark said:

Hey guys I'm the guy from the other region who posted about the trophy glitches.

Can you guys try to reach the developers about this? I tried myself and I got no response.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well as I am not a native English speaker, or maybe is that they think trophies are not so important, In that case would be nice to get some visibility about the issue.

Do you have a link to write the developer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spontiark said:

They told me to send an email to [email protected]

You can forget about a quick fix for this problem, because Sodesco are infamous for dragging their heals when it comes to fixing broken trophies. The 8-Bit games took roughly 3 months to get their trophy fixes and Real Farm took over a year to be sorted, only for them to mess the game up even worse than it was before.

• Like 1

On 11.3.2022 at 1:51 AM, HuntingFever said:

You can forget about a quick fix for this problem, because Sodesco are infamous for dragging their heals when it comes to fixing broken trophies. The 8-Bit games took roughly 3 months to get their trophy fixes and Real Farm took over a year to be sorted, only for them to mess the game up even worse than it was before.

But this time they are only the publisher.

2 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

But this time they are only the publisher.

Doesn't matter, they still drag their heals regardless of if they're the publisher or developer. They stonewalled the 8-Bit Armies devs for 3 solid months without reason, before greenlighting the 1.02 patch so the bugged trophies could be fixed in that game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/05/2022 at 0:46 AM, Mr_Emerald1 said:

Hopefully within the new few weeks assuming all goes well.

Not sure if due to hacked accounts or legit but I noticed that on PlayStation servers some of the trophies now have been unlocked on this trophy list but not the other stack.

Unless the unlocked trophies are from the dev testing them for the patch approval? 

I know on this site nobody has the Platinum, so it could be that. I doubt many people have purchased the game as it is quite a niche title. But like you said its not out of the realms of possibility that some were hacked in.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a reply on Twitter about it back in April saying they're aware and working on it. On the Discord server, people are saying it's basically up to one dev and he's busy with his normal job, so it's a slow process. Anyway, game looks fun and I'm just waiting for this patch to play it, so I'd appreciate it if someone pings me if/when it gets fixed.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this game is bugged beyond just the trophies? I'm still waiting on it to see if the trophies are ever fixed, but I'll play it eventually regardless.

I already know there were issues with the text when the game launched on PS4, unsure if that's been fixed now. As aforementioned, this game supposedly had a lot of fairly major glitches and crashes when it first launched on Switch, and it seems some of those also stuck around for the PS4 release. Is that still the case? My main concern at this point is just how playable the game is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...