Trophy thoughts

westersburg

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

The people upset about it being potentially "too easy" befuddle me.

So you seemingly care about completing the hardest challenges? But surely you can set the game to hardest difficulty and it will no longer be so easy. But since there isn't a trophy for that, you're going to play on easy? So you don't actually care about the challenge, just proving to others that you can complete the challenge?

How about you stick to your 99% completion rate games and stfu? 

People dont realize that all the whining about "too difficult" trophies actually resulted in more and more developers caving in? Look how there are more  bigger budget games having easier lists than ever before, while on the same page we have more shovelware than ever before. 

And then you guys also have the audacity to tell me how to play my games? How about you stop feeding your trophy addiction with easy shit everyday?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Comments like this befuddle me too.

You are aware you’re on a trophy hunting site right? Now where is the fun in trophy hunting if every trophy is just handed to you for free? 

I can also flip your reasoning around.

Why do people complain if a game is too hard? They can just play on easy if they want, they just won’t get the harder trophies. But why is that always a big problem?

Trophy hunting has become participation award hunting.

Yes, I realize this is a trophy site which is exactly why flipping what I said makes no sense. You could get all the trophies on hard even if a game didn't require it while you could not do the same on easy if hard was required. Pretty simple.

Anyway, it's not a "big problem" if a game has hard trophies. It's not a deal breaker for me in the slightest. But having a more attainable list is more fun in my opinion.

People act like if there aren't ultra hard trophies then it might as well be an easy baby 1 min plat. But a good, solid list (Horizon FW is a perfect example) will have you complete the entire game and see pretty much everything the game has to offer. You'd have to go out of your way to get it, so it's not a "participation award" but it just doesn't skill-gate you from trying.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Yes, I realize this is a trophy site which is exactly why flipping what I said makes no sense. You could get all the trophies on hard even if a game didn't require it while you could not do the same on easy if hard was required. Pretty simple.

It makes perfect sense to me. What if this game had a trophy for beating it on Heroic difficulty without dying? The complains will be off the charts and a petition to change it would start. You can see what happened with Wolfenstein II.

People nowadays think they’re entitled to get all the trophies. Why not hand out all trophies when booting up the game? Then everyone can play the game how they feel like playing it. The fun everyone would have! 

After Shadow Warrior 1&2, which took some effort to complete, this game went EZPZ mode. And I, for one, think that’s a bad thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baker said:

It makes perfect sense to me. What if this game had a trophy for beating it on Heroic difficulty without dying? The complains will be off the charts and a petition to change it would start. You can see what happened with Wolfenstein II.

People nowadays think they’re entitled to get all the trophies. Why not hand out all trophies when booting up the game? Then everyone can play the game how they feel like playing it. The fun everyone would have! 

After Shadow Warrior 1&2, which took some effort to complete, this game went EZPZ mode. And I, for one, think that’s a bad thing.

You're again talking in absolutes and exaggerations. Man, if for you there is only black and white and not super hard = EZPZ... Then more power to ya lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

You're again talking in absolutes and exaggerations. Man, if for you there is only black and white and not super hard = EZPZ... Then more power to ya lol

Quilty of exaggerating ✋?, but it seems you don’t get my point. Where I clearly see and understand your point of view. It just differs from mine.

I’ll leave it at this. Have a nice day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

So you seemingly care about completing the hardest challenges? But surely you can set the game to hardest difficulty and it will no longer be so easy. But since there isn't a trophy for that, you're going to play on easy? So you don't actually care about the challenge, just proving to others that you can complete the challenge?

It's call the 'souls like' syndrome.

On 2/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I think people who complain are so because they can't feed their ego and be like look at me i did a hard game, and they need to a trophy to prove it. Souls like games are like ego feeders. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SensaiGaia1 said:

Glad to see that this game finally has no stupid collectable trophies or orbs one. That was a pain, especially as I got my ex to do it for me at the time 1f602.png now I'm on my own and definitely give it a go solo. Looks like a good game 

Upgrades are collectibles and missable because there is no chapter select.

On 28/02/2022 at 5:31 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Glad it has no difficulty or collectible trophies, great list imo and how every list should be like. 

I like a straightforward list every now and then but trophy hunting would be very boring if every list was like this.

7 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

Upgrades are collectibles and missable because there is no chapter select.

Yeah, I came here to say this. This is an "easy" list but not currently since collectibles are missable and there are no guides because console codes did not go out until today. Everyone who reviewed it did mostly likely did so on PC, a platform where achievements aren't as popular.

Started the game yesterday and it seems it's going to be a very short one. Played for a little over two hours and I'm at chapter 8 out of 11. Gave up on collectibles as there's no option to track them or select a level (not sure if it's going to be possible once you finish the game).

10 hours ago, SensaiGaia1 said:

Glad to see that this game finally has no stupid collectable trophies or orbs one. That was a pain, especially as I got my ex to do it for me at the time 1f602.png now I'm on my own and definitely give it a go solo. Looks like a good game 

You have to collect the upgrade orbs, and i think they are missable making fully upgrading trophy missable. 

Got a few questions.

What exactly counts as a fire or electric kill? I’ve been trying to farm this for ages now. I already got the kill 50 enemies with a fire barrel challenge..

What is considered a ranged weapon? I fully upgraded the crossbow but no trophy..

The Mr. Doctor challenge has been stuck at 3772 points for many levels. Is there a specific way you need to heal yourself?

Thanks.

Edited by Baker

29 minutes ago, Baker said:

Got a few questions.

What exactly counts as a fire or electric kill? I’ve been trying to farm this for ages now. I already got the kill 50 enemies with a fire barrel challenge..

What is considered a ranged weapon? I fully upgraded the crossbow but no trophy..

The Mr. Doctor challenge has been stuck at 3772 points for many levels. Is there a specific way you need to heal yourself?

Thanks.

It's yellow barrels for electric and orange for fire. Best way i found was to press triangle to grab them with your swing thing, then melee to fire them at an enemy. I think any gun is classed as a ranged weapon, trophy pops when level ends. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It's yellow barrels for electric and orange for fire. Best way i found was to press triangle to grab them with your swing thing, then melee to fire them at an enemy. I think any gun is classed as a ranged weapon, trophy pops when level ends. 

I’ve shot many, many barrels. Doesn’t work for me. I got the electric trophy by upgrading the SMGs. I guess I need to upgrade the revolver for the fire trophy.

Still the Mr. Doctor challenge worries me a little. I need to replay the game anyway because I have no doubt I missed a couple of upgrades. But I can’t have challenges getting stuck in a new game.

Also the Run and Gun challenge doesn’t work for me either. Any tips on that one?

Edited by Baker

6 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Started the game yesterday and it seems it's going to be a very short one. Played for a little over two hours and I'm at chapter 8 out of 11. Gave up on collectibles as there's no option to track them or select a level (not sure if it's going to be possible once you finish the game).

there is no chapter select :(