RPG Mania 2022 - Return of the Turn Based Gameplay - Congrats Laburnski! (Completed)

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Question would the Fate Extella games be considered RPGs since they have a leveling and equipment ability system? They were similar to Dynasty Warriors games but many Action RPGs have taken this route like both Utawarerumono Zan games and some Dynasty Warriors games like Dragon Quest Heroes do have the RPG tag on them.

In the last one I believe both Dragon Quest and Utawarerumono games were included but Warriors games themselves were classed as more beat'em up / hack and slash (which both those genres typically include leveling or equipment anymore)

I guess probably would fall as to what its core playstyle is more. Like with Dragon Quest Heroes for example while it takes inspiration from DW. It also incorporates a lot of RPG focus such as party composition, skill trees, item crafting/enhancing, HP/mana management. And some bosses even require specific set ups or counters as you would in an RPG. (Maxing resistance, taking mages versus a mage weak enemy, etc.)

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

In the last one I believe both Dragon Quest and Utawarerumono games were included but Warriors games themselves were classed as more beat'em up / hack and slash (which both those genres typically include leveling or equipment anymore)

I guess probably would fall as to what its core playstyle is more. Like with Dragon Quest Heroes for example while it takes inspiration from DW. It also incorporates a lot of RPG focus such as party composition, skill trees, item crafting/enhancing, HP/mana management. And some bosses even require specific set ups or counters as you would in an RPG. (Maxing resistance, taking mages versus a mage weak enemy, etc.)

Fate Extella Umbral Star has a ton of character leveling as well as equipment crafting that gives you buffs and abilities in each stage. Many of the trophies are revolved around this.

I'm not taking the piss but can I count my Kingdom Hearts smurf account? @Deadly_Ha_Ha_KH - I only have BBS PS3 on there right now but I plan on doing every stack of every Kingdom Hearts game and it would be nice to be able to count the progress on that account for this challenge. I have the ones I planned on having on this account already

@Psy-Tychist

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

I'm interested in joining this year since I missed out on last year. Plus it will help me to do some clean up as well.

So a few questions I have are 

Does completing a game that I had previously started only have the new trophies count point wise? For example I have Dark Rose Valkyrie at 56% (I think) so if I completed it during the event will only the other 44% count?

You mentioned auto popping will not count, but I assuming if I replayed through a game from beginning to end than it should be OK? For example if I wanted to replay FF7R for PS5 since I already completed the PS4 version.

And finally can anyone confirm if the Aterlier DX games have their own trophy sets or if they share the same list with their other counterparts, i.e PS3, PS4, Vita?

Btw since most of them are quite hard or grindy already. I like to ask Diablo 2 Resurrected be included on the Most Wanted List this year as well. I played the PC version for years and can definitely say attempting it would be a massive grind and difficulty with the current list it has and would add a more recent title to the list.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

Does completing a game that I had previously started only have the new trophies count point wise? For example I have Dark Rose Valkyrie at 56% (I think) so if I completed it during the event will only the other 44% count?

If the scoring rules are the same (or nearly so) as last year, your scoring would be as follows:

• You'd get full credit for any trophies you pop after the competition's start date.
  • You'd still get the 100 base points for the game, less the platinum rarity.
  • You'd receive a deduction based on the percentage completed as of the competition's start date.  That breakdown is in the OP.

It's typically not an atrocious penalty, but it is a noticeable deduction.  Especially if you've completed a healthy chunk of the game already.

I would also like to sign up once again.

21 hours ago, Armored_Oso66 said:

And finally can anyone confirm if the Aterlier DX games have their own trophy sets or if they share the same list with their other counterparts, i.e PS3, PS4, Vita?

Also all the Atelier DX games currently have there own list on PS4.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:18 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Btw since most of them are quite hard or grindy already. I like to ask Diablo 2 Resurrected be included on the Most Wanted List this year as well. I played the PC version for years and can definitely say attempting it would be a massive grind and difficulty with the current list it has and would add a more recent title to the list.

I support this as well, game looks challenging enough to be added to the MW list. Also if possible can we add Final Fantasy XIV ( PS5 version ) too since we have Elder scroll online there. Too bad i cant plat it using this account but would be interesting to see ppl trying to plat / 100% it within a year

Double

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia

Lost Judgment

Triple

Elden Ring

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AppleKratue said:

Here are my double and triple point games:

Double

Chaos Rings III

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II - Crimson Sin (Current relase date is fall 2022, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed)

Triple

Lord of Apocalypse

Love the choices there, definitely some more forgotten hidden gem games.

Setting my Triple and Double Games.

Triple: Elden Ring

Double 1: Dark Souls 3

Double 2: Bloodborne

I've been neglecting my From Soft games too much as play them mostly on PC more. So I think will change that with my picks this year.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 3

On 23.3.2022 at 6:49 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Love the choices there, definitely some more forgotten hidden gem games.

Setting my Triple and Double Games.

Triple: Elden Ring

Double 1: Dark Souls 3

Double 2: Bloodborne

I've been neglecting my From Soft games too much as play them mostly on PC more. So I think will change that with my picks this year.

Thanks! It's unfortunate they weren't localized, but Vita has a lot of hidden gems, so looking forward to it. Lord of Apocalypse has a guide on .org which says it's a 10/10 difficulty. I kind of doubt though that it's that hard as the guide description and the trophy percentages indicate it's very grindy.

Good luck with your Souls games, great choices.

1 hour ago, AppleKratue said:

Thanks! It's unfortunate they weren't localized, but Vita has a lot of hidden gems, so looking forward to it. Lord of Apocalypse has a guide on .org which says it's a 10/10 difficulty. I kind of doubt though that it's that hard as the guide description and the trophy percentages indicate it's very grindy.

Good luck with your Souls games, great choices.

Lack of localization always sucks. And yeah I don't see the game being 10/10 it's a Monster Hunter clone essentially, besides a little skill needed grinding and  upgrading to a point just makes you strong enough to tackle what you need. Btw this one is a remake of the title Lord of Arcana. So you can use some guides or tips from that to help you on the way. (Lord of Arcana was released in English.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999

Thanks for hosting @Psy-TychistI would like to signup please. Have been thinking about it for a month now and time to stop lurking and signup :) I know there are some pretty hardcore RPG gamers here so I will happily lurk down the bottom of the scoreboard but this will definitely help me keep on track with my RPGs this year and who knows maybe even see the FFXIV plat across the line.

My bonus games will be

Double 

Tales of Arise (PS5)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) - current completion 2%

Triple

Rune Factory 4 Special - current completion 1%

List of Games I will most likely draw from and current completion %'s  (easier for me to keep here in case I forget down the track)

Spoiler

Babylon’s Fall  4%

DragonBall Z Kakarot 2%

Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD 4%

Final Fantasy XIV 68%

Haven 10%

Maglam Lord 1%

Neptunia vs Senran Kagura X Ninja Wars 2%

Oninaki 1%

Outriders 2%

Posion Control 5%

RPGolf 20%

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins 5%

Voice of Cards : The Forsaken Maiden 12%

Ys IX Monstrum 5%

• Like 3

On 25.3.2022 at 9:28 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Lack of localization always sucks. And yeah I don't see the game being 10/10 it's a Monster Hunter clone essentially, besides a little skill needed grinding and  upgrading to a point just makes you strong enough to tackle what you need. Btw this one is a remake of the title Lord of Arcana. So you can use some guides or tips from that to help you on the way. (Lord of Arcana was released in English.)

Thanks, that's great to know. This should make it more manageable.

12 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Thanks for hosting @Psy-TychistI would like to signup please. Have been thinking about it for a month now and time to stop lurking and signup :) I know there are some pretty hardcore RPG gamers here so I will happily lurk down the bottom of the scoreboard but this will definitely help me keep on track with my RPGs this year and who knows maybe even see the FFXIV plat across the line.

My bonus games will be

Double 

Tales of Arise (PS5)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) - current completion 2%

Triple

Rune Factory 4 Special - current completion 1%

List of Games I will most likely draw from and current completion %'s  (easier for me to keep here in case I forget down the track)

Hide contents

Babylon’s Fall  4%

DragonBall Z Kakarot 2%

Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD 4%

Final Fantasy XIV 68%

Haven 10%

Maglam Lord 1%

Neptunia vs Senran Kagura X Ninja Wars 2%

Oninaki 1%

Outriders 2%

Posion Control 5%

RPGolf 20%