RPG Mania 2022 - Return of the Turn Based Gameplay - Congrats Laburnski! (Completed)

On 3/30/2022 at 11:43 PM, Warpedsavior said:

I’ll join again this year, here are my double and triple point games

Double:

Mary Skelter 2

Touhou Labyrinth: Gensokyo to Tenkan no Taiju

Triple:

Star Ocean 4

Just remembered that Star Ocean 4 is one of the most wanted games

@Psy-Tychist if possible, I would like my triple point game changed to Star Ocean 5 instead, thank you.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 1:29 AM, AffectatiousDonk said:

Update:

Babylon's Fall PS5 

100 + 61 - 29.43 = 131.57 

(Had 3 bronze trophies before start - 4% completion)

Hopefully I did that right, I wasn't sure I would get any points in this so nice to be off the mark. Really enjoyed this game and look forward to seeing what they can do to improve/save it over the coming months.

Still haven't dipped into the full game myself yet but glad to see someone else enjoyed it depsite its start.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 4:08 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Still haven't dipped into the full game myself yet but glad to see someone else enjoyed it depsite its start.

Yep I think most of the hate is just based on the graphics. If you like Nier and the paintbrush sort of artstyle you won't have a problem. I would probably hold off a little longer before starting they are making changes weekly now to the balancing and have some level design patches coming through in the next few weeks I believe. It is great to see they are really committing to working on it to improve it. Guess we shall see what happens down the track

17 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

Yep I think most of the hate is just based on the graphics. If you like Nier and the paintbrush sort of artstyle you won't have a problem. I would probably hold off a little longer before starting they are making changes weekly now to the balancing and have some level design patches coming through in the next few weeks I believe. It is great to see they are really committing to working on it to improve it. Guess we shall see what happens down the track

The art style took a bit getting use to I'll admit especially when playing on a large 4Ktv where the oil paint overlay they use, appears a bit more blurrier. Then how it looks when I capture footage or pics where it's much more clear.

Combat I enjoy though reminds me of a mash up between Original Nier and some classic PS2 games where you mix up combos and breaks to deal the big damage. (DMC, Chaos Legion, Godhand.)

I know some players had major issues with the MTX out the gate. But I think they've handled it better then other live service games. Heck they even gave everyone even players of only the demo/trial the battle pass for free and you could farm it completely just by the demo without needed to purchase the game.

I know for me I'm just waiting for a sale on it. As want it digitally and I feel since it didn't sell well out the gate probably will drop in price some by Summer.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:34 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

The art style took a bit getting use to I'll admit especially when playing on a large 4Ktv where the oil paint overlay they use, appears a bit more blurrier. Then how it looks when I capture footage or pics where it's much more clear.

Combat I enjoy though reminds me of a mash up between Original Nier and some classic PS2 games where you mix up combos and breaks to deal the big damage. (DMC, Chaos Legion, Godhand.)

I know some players had major issues with the MTX out the gate. But I think they've handled it better then other live service games. Heck they even gave everyone even players of only the demo/trial the battle pass for free and you could farm it completely just by the demo without needed to purchase the game.

I know for me I'm just waiting for a sale on it. As want it digitally and I feel since it didn't sell well out the gate probably will drop in price some by Summer.

Yep I am sure it would be on sale soon. At least one positive for the graphics is that I can't tell any difference between the PS5 / PS4 version so it is kinda fun going back and doing the dailies on the PS4 version till I get the plat :)

16 hours ago, Sanevin said:

Ooh people are starting to do callouts. May as well make mine too.

@Mesopithecus Final Fantasy VII Remake

@AffectatiousDonk Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin

Great choice, Sakuna is a real hidden gem. I have no idea why I bounced of it. Looking forward to spending some more time with it so thankyou.

I am not sure exactly how these call outs go so I will just call you out @Sanevin if that is ok. Our profiles are actually pretty similar, we both have a stack of amazing games at 0% or there abouts. I was tempted to pick Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris, Fuga Melodies of Steel or Final Fantasy XIV from your profile as all are awesome games but I am going to settle on Persona 5 Royal for your callout. I hope you didn't hate it when you abandoned it and that you can find enjoyment in one of my fav PS4 games too. 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:44 AM, Sanevin said:

@AffectatiousDonk  That's perfect! I was going to play it before doing my Persona 5 Strikers Callout anyways, may as well take the extra points.

I played and beat P5 when it was first released but never got very far in Royal.  I agree though, great game.

Good to hear, I didn't realize you had done P5. I am sure you will enjoy the new content in Royal there is some serious long and great story content in there. Looking forward to your thoughts on Strikers, I am still on the fence.

Update

Dauntless - I had finished this a while ago on PS4 but went back since they released a PS5 version. They changed a good bit of stuff since i last played it so it was fun going back.

100 - 15 (completion negation) - 7,45 (Plat %) + 26 = 103.55pts

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 3