Switching from one-handed to two-handed mode easily?

tranquility101

I'm many hours into the game but I still struggle once in a while mid-fight with toggling my weapon between one-handed mode and two-handed mode. Just seemed a lot easier in other Souls Games and even in Bloodborne. I know you can remap a lot of the buttons but can we remap the buttons for two-handing our right-hander? My fingers do a kind of gymnastics every time; wondering if there is a more optimal button configuration for easily switching between one and two-handed weapon modes.

Cheers and happy Eldening! :) I'll keep trying to Git Gud ?

I switched X and triangle, maybe that can help? I did it because I was so used to X being the interact button having played dark souls for the past months and I didn't want to make mistakes around NPC's. Switching with holding x + r1 doesn't feel weird at all so perhaps try that, I don't think you can remap it to a single button without creating conflict or making other acctions more complicated.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

I switched X and triangle, maybe that can help? I did it because I was so used to X being the interact button having played dark souls for the past months and I didn't want to make mistakes around NPC's. Switching with holding x + r1 doesn't feel weird at all so perhaps try that, I don't think you can remap it to a single button without creating conflict or making other acctions more complicated.

While I understand the rationale behind this, it would be harder for me to think of Triangle as a jump button.

• Like 3

Got a PS5 today so hopefully with the new controller design I'll have less issues with my toggling of two-handedness ☺️ Guess I was looking for a non-existent one button solution; got pampered with Bloodborne -- Bloodborne is just "L1" to transform from 1H to 2H!

Next up: Godrick ?

On 2-3-2022 at 4:11 PM, Cloud_Squall78 said:

While I understand the rationale behind this, it would be harder for me to think of Triangle as a jump button.

yeah that's true, but to me accidentally jumping when you don't want to was worse than accidentally pressing the interact button. you get used to it real fast.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 7:11 AM, Cloud_Squall78 said:

Wasn't Shadow of the Colussus triangle to jump? remake at least? i hate that game though lol.

As for OP, hold Triangle before you press R1, otherwise you'll just attack. lol.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08-03-2022 at 1:16 AM, Infected Elite said:

Wasn't Shadow of the Colussus triangle to jump? remake at least? i hate that game though lol.

As for OP, hold Triangle before you press R1, otherwise you'll just attack. lol.

while tho?, its a good game, yeah the controls are chunky as hell, but after the 6th colossus i learned to love the game, its was tedious to beat the colossus multiple times tho