[Obtainable 3/30/22] Shareware trophy - Bugged SnapMaps

IrishNelly

Any time I try and do the Advanced Tutorial "Duplicating Modules ", publish any maps, or download any maps, I get the message "Cannot connect to doom online services" Has anybody else have this issue or know of any possible solutions? It's just that single tutorial and publishing/playing maps, everything else works fine, have the issue on PS4 and PS5 with the same problems on each but everything else works fine.

• Like 1

I have the same problem too.
On PS4 and PS5. Newly installed with updates and no maps can be uploaded. I can't find any information on the internet either, e.g. the server is down or something like that.

I've been trying to upload a map for 3 days. Downloading a map doesn't work either. There are also no active players in the multiplayer mode.

On 3/1/2022 at 2:21 AM, Vince19 said:

I have the same problem too.
On PS4 and PS5. Newly installed with updates and no maps can be uploaded. I can't find any information on the internet either, e.g. the server is down or something like that.

I've been trying to upload a map for 3 days. Downloading a map doesn't work either. There are also no active players in the multiplayer mode.

Multiplayer is literally dead. DOOM Eternal basically took all the casuals and more dedicated online players to the newer game. You will more than likely have to boost for all those multiplayer trophies, which sucks because getting them all from scratch takes around 20 to 30 hours.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping this is a server glitch on Bethesda's end because the "publish a Snapmap" trophy is the very last one I need in the base game. I'm not even gonna bother with the DLC trophies, I literally just want this one Snapmap trophy. I'll watch the thread in case anyone reports that the servers work.

Edited by Trar_III_Esq
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ant_PK said:

I'm currently talking to Bethesda support in order to hopefully resolve the issue. I don't even think that they're aware that it's a problem because they were telling me that it's probably an issue on my end.

That's the same BS response they give to every problem so they can bury their heads in the sand and not have to clean up their mess. I had an issue with Doom 2016 (which they never fixed) and they spent an entire month giving me the run around whilst making out the problem was nothing to do with them, before dumping me on Sony (who also did sweet FA) and closing my case. Bethesda customer support is among the worst out there in my experience and not worth contacting.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 10:01 AM, HuntingFever said:

That's the same BS response they give to every problem so they can bury their heads in the sand and not have to clean up their mess. I had an issue with Doom 2016 (which they never fixed) and they spent an entire month giving me the run around whilst making out the problem was nothing to do with them, before dumping me on Sony (who also did sweet FA) and closing my case. Bethesda customer support is among the worst out there in my experience and not worth contacting.

That's unfortunate to hear. If they do that to me then I figure I'll just keep annoying them until they fix the issue. I'd encourage any other players to do the same.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dariodom98 said:

It seems that now you can not even play a map. Some tutorial levels are locked too. Does someone know where i can write to Bethesda so let them know?

I found a way around the "playing 5 maps" and "completing the tutorials" trophies, if you go to your feed by pressing the button shown in the bottom left you can then select the feeds, there it should ask you if you want to retry to connect or remain offline, by staying offline you can play whatever map is on the "play" screen and also complete that one tutorial that for some reason won't work

• Like 4