Game glitch resulted in PS5 having to be reset to factory settings

Last night I was playing the New God DLC.  I paused the game to eat dinner.  After about 40 minutes I returned to find my PS5 in 'Safe Mode'.  After troubleshooting for an hour the only option I was left with was to perform a full reboot of my PS5 and restore it to factory settings.  All of my save data and downloaded games were lost.

My question is in regards to cloud storage.  Since I saved my game to the cloud, should I be able to rescue my data that way once I reinstall the game?  Or am I just kind of screwed?

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Provided you have a recent save confirmed to be in the PS Plus Save File Cloud, you will be fine :).

Yeah thanks.  I was able to recover everything except for my last 30-40 minutes of gameplay.  Definitely a relief.

The game has crashed on me again since, at least without any data loss.  I only recall the game crashing once the whole time for my platinum.  However, this first DLC it has crashed 4 or 5 times.  Wonder if it's just me or others seeing this as well?

• 2 months later...
On 2022-03-02 at 3:55 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Yeah thanks.  I was able to recover everything except for my last 30-40 minutes of gameplay.  Definitely a relief.

The game has crashed on me again since, at least without any data loss.  I only recall the game crashing once the whole time for my platinum.  However, this first DLC it has crashed 4 or 5 times.  Wonder if it's just me or others seeing this as well?

I'm not playing the DLC, just the main game, and after freeing all the gods, the game is crashing every single time I hover over those photos people post.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 9:26 AM, Caesar Clown said:

I'm not playing the DLC, just the main game, and after freeing all the gods, the game is crashing every single time I hover over those photos people post.

That sucks.  I like the game a lot, just ran into a lot of issues like this towards the end of the platinum and DLC playthroughs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...