Why are they doing this? Platinum rant.

Valkyre4

2 minutes ago, Valkyre4 said:

Another day another person who confuses difficult trophies with pointless collectible missable ones.

Please explain to me the challenge behind a missable trophy that asks you to do specific things, talks to specific NPCs and pick the right dialogue options to get an item that will net you the All weapons collectible trophy... what exactly is challenging about that? Where is the hard part? Its nothing.

Stop confusing challenging trophies (which btw I love) with pointless ones that do nothing but waste time. Did you even read my post or just thought it was cool to throw that comment anyway?

Because the game is designed for exploration and for you to discover multiple possibilities through multiple playthroughs. Not be rushed through with your hand held with a guide so you can get the platinum as fast as possible. Which you can choose to do if that's how you play games, that's fine, I don't care, but my point is that most people aren't like that and they play games naturally without any hinderance of trophies and some developers have those people in mind and don't just cater to what trophy hunters want all the time nor should they. 

I know what you're saying, there's a lot of games with missable trophies, personally can't stand it because it means having to look at a guide and potentially spoiling my experience, but would rather do that than add X number of hours. One of those things that you just have to put up with.

Unfortunately you aren't going to get much of a positive response when you criticise part of what the franchise is known for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valkyre4 said:

I just looked up the Platinum roadmap by Powerpyx and I am absolutely baffled at how exhausting this thing looks...

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind making a 150 hour open world game and deciding not only to include missable trophies in it, but also make those trophies so exhausting to acquire? Like there are 15 step instructions for getting a specific missable trophy, things that look so easy to miss. Hell some of them are dependent on dialogue options...

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely moronic? This thing practically is asking for you to spoil the entire game, by reading a guide, in order to achieve the platinum in one go...

I dont get it. This isnt a 20-30 hour game. I get missable trophies in small/medium sized games. I get that. But doing this in a huge open world game with a ton of content is almost insulting to people who dont have 300 hours lying around to spare.

The least you can do is make your trophies as hard as you want, but dont make them frigging missable for crying out loud...!

I understand you 100%

• Like 1

The way Elden Ring is structured is that you basically don't have to replay anything. Outside of the MAIN scenario (and related quests), everything is opened to you from the very, very beginning. In majority of cases, it would be enough to start a new game and just rush to the desired location to kill a monster or complete some quest.

2 minutes ago, rodzyna said:

The way Elden Ring is structured is that you basically don't have to replay anything. Outside of the MAIN scenario (and related quests), everything is opened to you from the very, very beginning. In majority of cases, it would be enough to start a new game and just rush to the desired location to kill a monster or complete some quest.

If I miss 1 weapon on my thorough playthrough, i will have to replay the game and collect all weapons. That could potentially mean that for 1 single weapon I might have to replay a very big part of the game. Just for that 1 weapon. This is the example I am talking about.

• Like 2

Just now, Valkyre4 said:

If I miss 1 weapon on my thorough playthrough, i will have to replay the game and collect all weapons. That could potentially mean that for 1 single weapon I might have to replay a very big part of the game. Just for that 1 weapon. This is the example I am talking about.

I doubt that is actually the case though.

Remember- the maps are items, as are the other weapons, so I would assume (given all previous souls games) that they would all carry over.

Assuming that is the case, then starting a new playthorugh you could probably just consult a list of all required weapons, identify the exact one you are missing, and head straight to where you get it as soon as you get Torrent again after the tutorial.

• Like 1