Why are they doing this? Platinum rant.

Valkyre4

On 3/12/2022 at 6:55 PM, ThirdAwakening said:

That’s not at all true. The magic of uploading / syncing your saves to PSN lets you circumvent that. The first Souls to let you Platinum on NG, unless you were duping in Demon’s Souls. 

I got Bloodborne Plat on NG+2 in 43:09, Elden Ring NG in 75:10~. Although Cursed Amygdala and the Flame Dog was an absolute PITA, not even comparable to Godfrey, and Malenia as a Caster. 

I can tell someone wasn't around when Demons Souls came out before PSN+ and saves like DS were locked to console.

8 hours ago, technole said:

I can tell someone wasn't around when Demons Souls came out before PSN+ and saves like DS were locked to console.

You can look up the dates on my Demon’s Souls trophies. 

7 hours ago, Sicho said:

you could also platinum Bloodborne on NG. I think you could Platinum DS2 on NG as well but I think you had to get a thousand or so wins in PvP, so actually doing NG+ and NG++ runs was faster xD

I mistakenly said NG instead of one playthrough, but DS2 required NG+2 for Wrath of the Gods, you couldn’t Bonfire Ascetic Lothric Castle, at least not originally if it changed. 

11 hours ago, ThirdAwakening said:

You can look up the dates on my Demon’s Souls trophies. 

I mistakenly said NG instead of one playthrough, but DS2 required NG+2 for Wrath of the Gods, you couldn’t Bonfire Ascetic Lothric Castle, at least not originally if it changed. 

NG = first playthrough. Which is also what I meant. You could definitely Plat Bloodborne in 1 Playthrough with Endings Save Scumming. 

And no, you could get Wrath of the Gods by reaching Rank 2 of the Blue Sentinels. Rank 2 was 150 victories iirc. Max Ranking Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood (500 wins each) gives you all the spells/miracles needed for the platinum.

EDIT: found this on GameFAQs

You can platinum the game on one play through using ascetics but it actually takes longer than just running through the game 3 times. Reason being is to get Chaos Fireball and Wrath of the Gods spells you need to lvl up in the PvP covenants which will require a huge time sink and you will need to be very good at PvP. The brotherhood of blood covenant requires you to get 500 points to reach rank 3 which rewards you with Chaos Fireball. You earn 1 point for every victory and lose 1 point for every loss so it can take a long time even if you can somehow win 90% of your matches.

Edited by Sicho

On 3/7/2022 at 0:43 PM, WiktorM101 said:

some do

-Breakthrough Gaming LLC

-POWGI

-Ratalaika

but that doesn't mean every studio should.

In some games missible trophies are the the reason of they rarity. Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls would be 80%+ if not missible trophies. Now i can say i have HR or B:TS plats if not missible trophies you would answer "so, you just finished them?". Are they tedious? Sure and that makes them more rare. Star Ocean would not have that legend around it's platinum if not amount of things you need to track.

Afaik Elden Ring require multiple playthrough anyway so missible trophies should not be big deal. If you save scam endings you could just save scum/have multiple saves to get missibles.

For sure, some devs do. But we know those devs for that reason. Most don't. It may be a consideration but someone getting upset a trophy is hard isn't going to change the dev at all.

Hmm... anyway, I think the game is way too long for my tastes, but the trophies are fairly generous.

Like many said, it doesn't require you to get every single unique item, just a few specific ones that are hard to miss, most quests aren't needed at all and you can get the platinum in one run with a good ol' save file backup for the endings.

Edited by Garamoth

54 minutes ago, Figz21K said:

For sure, some devs do. But we know those devs for that reason. Most don't. It may be a consideration but someone getting upset a trophy is hard isn't going to change the dev at all.

You sure know we probably think in same way about trophies. I can understand getting upset about too eazy trophies, like here in Elden Ring you would get plat after first boss. 

If games have hard/long trophies that's actually good.

More power to devs who care to include addicional challange in trophies. Trophies like speedrun trophy from Limbo are my favourite. 

It's not part of '100%-ing the game', it's a challenge and provides satisfaction.

I got the platinum myself the other day; I was paranoid of the missables so I did peek at a guide to ensure I wasn't missing anything as I went. Then my friend who I was sort playing with but ended up pulling away from was nearing the end of the game and hadn't looked anything up until last night when he realized he was close to finishing. There's basically one point of no return where you could potentially miss one item. One. The other side quests for the ending trophies, including the missable boss fights can be completed before fighting the final boss. I do not understand this whole rant thread when it could have been much, much worse. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed my play through. I didn’t use a single guide until the end. By that point I already explored 90% of the map blind. I even managed to do Rannis quest/ending and find the missable weapon on my own. The only time I used a guide was the flame frenzied ending. And I probably would’ve figured it out as I remembered the seal after Mohg. I just forgot for awhile. Along with any missing collectibles as obviously no one is going to search the entire map for an item. It was probably my best souls game I experienced as it was fun going through a fog door not knowing what could happen. It was amazing doing it blind. If only for 90% of the run.

Never realized that messages players leave are a really good guide for hidden stuff. Even if I fall for the whole, “Jump down” and die a few times lol

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

I enjoyed my play through. I didn’t use a single guide until the end. By that point I already explored 90% of the map blind. I even managed to do Rannis quest/ending and find the missable weapon on my own. The only time I used a guide was the flame frenzied ending. And I probably would’ve figured it out as I remembered the seal after Mohg. I just forgot for awhile. Along with any missing collectibles as obviously no one is going to search the entire map for an item. It was probably my best souls game I experienced as it was fun going through a fog door not knowing what could happen. It was amazing doing it blind. If only for 90% of the run.

Never realized that messages players leave are a really good guide for hidden stuff. Even if I fall for the whole, “Jump down” and die a few times lol

The messages i found most useful are the ones that you must cross the invisible path in the air to the tower or catacombs. No need to check for myself as every step you take there is a message ?

On 2.3.2022 at 3:46 PM, CsGetDegree said:

Why don't you just play the game blind once then on the other playthroughs look up a guide. The game is big but you can skip most of it on other playthroughs. 

Amen to that. This is one thing I always do

34 minutes ago, TrophyReviews said:

That's pretty pathetic, I enjoy the game but only want to play it once.

Then play the game once and fuck trophys...

• Like 1

Is there actually any dialogue option that prevents you from getting all trophies except the ending ones?

So far I only found saying "Yes" and "Show" to *almost everything did indeed surpise or shock me. But I didn't miss anything, I think. Sometimes you might want to consider whether you should explore dialogues from other NPCs before going with the most obvious option. Especially when it makes you uncomfortable, you should check your options. Then again, all Souls games are extremely cryptic and all mistical, so that almost everything you choose makes you uncomfortable. ?

So far I think I didn't miss anything I can't get. But I'm only at overall 27% trophies, so I still haven't seen everything there is to see.

*almost

Spoiler

When Rannis version of Severus Snape gave me the medicine I didn't give it to her as being told. I gave it to her father, which seemed to be a pretty good option.

Edited by Kraeftchen

It easily takes under 70 hours to platinum the game, and the missable trophies aren't all that missable. Assuming you don't rush through the game to the very end, in which case just rush through NG+, you'd have to go out of your way to kill Fia or not explore underground in the capital to have missables outside of Ranni's questline, which is honestly not very difficult. The three hardest trophies are beat Melina, beat Lucidusax and beat the Elden Beast (get to the endings) which are unmissable. Just do the prep work for Lord of Frenzy, which is find a site of grace, and follow Ranni's questline to conclusion. It's honestly not a bad list at all, and way better than Dark Souls 3 or Sekiro, their two most recent games, were.

I've already missed the Devourer's Scepter (did Volcano Manor too quickly) and a few other things, but been having a lot of fun on my first play through of Elden Ring. They added NPC locations to the map in the recent patch and that's been a big help for continuing quest lines, though you'll need to re-visit them post-patch to get them to appear on the map.

No gestures to collect.

No Covenants to join.

Don't even have to do a single round of PvP.

No World Tendencies for each area.

Allowed an NPC Summon for almost every single boss fight.

Most accessible Souls-Game ever made. Most accessible Souls Platinum as well. I don't see myself farming 500 Silver Knights like DS3 made me do either. All the trophies are about experiencing the content.

Game says I'm at 250+ hours but most of that is idle time / afk I reckon. 4 bosses to go, then on to NG+ for clean up and either NG++ for third ending or a new character.

• Like 4

Saw this tonic and just had to read the comments

but what did you expect?, it’s a souls like game, nothing is given to you in this, you actually have to work for this.

i went into this game not having enjoyed the Dark souls game, but I love this game.

you have to work for this platinium 

• Like 1

hmmm. I think i can somewhat related to what the OP was trying to say. To me, every game should try to "promote" their core play, no discourage player from doing it. So if the game wants the players to explore, then don't set soft locks and always give them a chance to go back anywhere they want. Or if the game want players to experience challenging boss fights, don't put trash mobs on the way to the boss and have un-skippable cut scenes so they can try w/ minimal distraction.

In all the souls game I played i was (and still are) pretty low on BloodBourne, one design I personally felt annoying is unable to replenish the health potion automatically. After trying a few times at the boss I will need to farm them, which to me, is boring and unnecessary. Other souls game are doing a much better job on this front.

Also, adding additional playthroughs, to me, is a discouragement and I'll try my best to minimize that. Don't like repeat things I have already done unless there are additional incentives.

OK, that being said, just ordered the game this morning and platinum guide and road map, here I come. :)

On 3/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, Valkyre4 said:

Come on... no it is not my first Souls game, hardly. I have played all of them and I have platinum trophies. They werent 150 hour open world games, unless I am having a very sudden Alzheimer's episode...

Sekrio - multiple endings, missable trophies

Bloodborne - multiple endings, missable trophies

Demon's Souls - missable trophies galore and you had to play NG+ to about 70% to get a trophy

Dark Souls, all of them - missable trophies, trophies that require multiple playthroughs

What were you expecting here...?

Witcher 3 also has missable trophies and is 150h open world action RPG.

Most open world action RPGs have missable trophies.

This list is actually totally fine. You really just have to watch out for the one legendary weapon and back up your save before the ending.

I'm on a 70 hours second character.

Just be sure of: 

Agree with all NPC, don't kill them.

Check the missable legendary in the capital.

That's it... nothing else is actually missable in my opinion. All bosses can be done, all weapons can be upgraded, all quests can be completed.

Just play the game, enjoy it and if later you need the guide, you go for it... Just don't. Kill. The. NPCs, that's it.

As the person above me said, there isn't a huge amount that's massively missable as long as you don't go round randomly killing NPCs. 

I'm about 60 hours into the game. I hadn't checked a guide at all, and when I finally looked up the PowerPyx guide, I hadn't locked myself out of any trophies yet. Perhaps I was super lucky, but I actually think this is pretty forgiving for a SoulsBorne game. 

Also, if you happened to miss something in your first playthrough, I don't think it would take a huge amount of time to run through on New Game+. Worst-case scenario, you locked yourself out of one of the endings. But there are people speedrunning the game in under 20 minutes. Shouldn't take more than several hours for a regular player to speed through a second playthrough imo.