Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 are coming to PlayStation 5 with visual enhancements later this year!

Aranea Highwind

Guess I lucked out a bit here. I have 2 and 3 on disc and still haven't played them yet...guess I'll just wait on that. However, I have 7 from the PS+ Collection on PS5...I'm assuming like most PS+ versions of games, that one won't be eligible. 

Sick news! Loving these free PS5 upgrades. 

You can pretty much buy all the old PS4 RE for cheap, and not have to buy the PS5 ver = WIN!!!

54 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

There separate releases? I thought it will just be an update for last gen for this gen. 

I assume they are separate releases from the way they wrote the tweet. "Patches will also be released for PC for free when the ps5 and Xbox versions launch".

Glad that I waited all this time instead of buying them for PS4. ?

However, I have three questions regarding things that I'm confused or not completely certain about as of right now;

Are these separate rereleases from the existing PS4 and XBO versions, or merely patches for them meant for next-gen consoles? (I suppose it's current-gen now, huh? ?)

Will they only be released separately from one another, or in a collection akin to compilations of some of Capcom's other games? (Or maybe even both, perhaps?)

Are these games going to get physical copies for PS5 and XBS, or are they only going to be made available for purchase digitally?

I'm sure some of these questions have already been answered, or that we might not currently have answers for one or more of them, but I'm curious regardless.

Edited by Zephrese

Kind of wish this was a thing last year when I played RE2 and RE3 for the first time. Not to mention RE7 is set to be the next game on my to-do list after Horizon II haha. Oh well, I'll still play PS4 RE7 as I got RE8 for Christmas and it's still in the shrink wrap because I've been busy with other games. I don't want to wait until the end of the year to unwrap that. Not that it matters from a trophy hunting standpoint as I always lack the motivation to platinum RE games haha.

I am tempted to play RE2 again. It's been my favorite RE so far.

I am super excited to play through all these beautiful games again on my PS5. I been wanting to replay RE2 and RE3 recently. Can't wait to stack them, hoping they DON'T autopop. Regardless, if they do autopop I hope they give us the option to not automatically autopop and make it a player choice. 

Crossing Fingers the Clock Tower makes it into RE3 from the original game. 

• Like 2