Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 are coming to PlayStation 5 with visual enhancements later this year!

Aranea Highwind

This is a nice surprise. I only have Resident Evil 7 and haven't completed it yet. I'll buy 2 & 3 sometime later.

"ray tracing, high frame rate and 3D audio to enhance the immersion of the award-winning experiences. Further, for PlayStation 5 players, all three titles also feature engaging DualSense™ support for Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers."

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Guess I lucked out a bit here. I have 2 and 3 on disc and still haven't played them yet...guess I'll just wait on that. However, I have 7 from the PS+ Collection on PS5...I'm assuming like most PS+ versions of games, that one won't be eligible. 

"most PS+ versions of games"? How many PS+ games received PS5 upgrages? I only remember Greedfall and Mortal Shell which did NOT receive the upgrade, but Control and FF7 Remake did (however the latter is a ridiculous situation, not only because it was given a lot later, it's the only game upgrade that actually requires a PS5 to be redeemed)

Edited by Lance_87

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

"most PS+ versions of games"? How many PS+ games received PS5 upgrages? I only remember Greedfall and Mortal Shell which did NOT receive the upgrade, but Control and FF7 Remake did (however the latter is a ridiculous situation, not only because it was given a lot later, it's the only game upgrade that actually requires a PS5 to be redeemed)

I have no idea, it was more a turn of phrase than anything. I didn't want to definitively say something has or hasn't one way or the other...saying "most" was just a safe bet. Wasn't expecting to get called out for it. 

32 minutes ago, hizi90 said:

I‘m still curious if they‘ll autopop….I would def go for another round of RE2 and RE3 but NO WAY I‘m ever doing Ethan Must Die ever again 1f602.png

So you would happily play the card game again, just not Ethan xD

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

"ray tracing, high frame rate and 3D audio to enhance the immersion of the award-winning experiences. Further, for PlayStation 5 players, all three titles also feature engaging DualSense2122.png support for Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers."

I expect VERY little improvements besides faster ssd loads and adaptive triggers, since these game ran already with a 60 fps target and did achieve it quite well on ps4 pro (even better via ps5 bc). RE7 ran on around 1200p resolution, the 2 remakes ran on around 1600p resolution. Raytracing probably only means raytraced shadows (similar to RE8 on PS5) which have just a little impact but were dropping the performance quite a bit (down to 50 fps or even further in some instances). Resolution there was 2160p(4k).

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The PS5 version of 7 will be welcome if the plus collection version is eligible for the upgrade but time will tell on that. I enjoyed both 2 and 3 but I doubt I'd play them again, hell of a sheriff is not something I want to experience again ?

I'm wondering the same thing, got 7 as part of PS Plus Collection and then bought a Season Pass for the complete experience. Now I'm wondering if I'm eligible for the free upgrade.

36 minutes ago, hizi90 said:

Omg you are right….I must‘ve repressed this pile of sh..1f602.png a big NO to both of them 1f605.png

Major apologies for reminding you, but it's kinda payback for reminding me about Ethan xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The PS5 version of 7 will be welcome if the plus collection version is eligible for the upgrade but time will tell on that. I enjoyed both 2 and 3 but I doubt I'd play them again, hell of a sheriff is not something I want to experience again ?

I'm not looking forward to Ethan Must Die on RE7 either.

Edited by dakk55

Personally i stopped caring about those remasters since they are only cash grabs and now i have a mindset of if the game came out on ps4 it stays on ps4 since this is the original game, it is really tiring to rebuy games i already bought/played or completed and since companies will never stop remastering games the best way is to consider they don't exist ?

• Like 2

I think I figured out the release date March 17th, The leaf emoji is so similar to St. Patrick's Day. This could be the release date for this version, Don't forget to wear green.

2 Weeks away or 14 days away.

Edited by gamercris066

2 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Personally i stopped caring about those remasters since they are only cash grabs and now i have a mindset of if the game came out on ps4 it stays on ps4 since this is the original game, it is really tiring to rebuy games i already bought/played or completed and since companies will never stop remastering games the best way is to consider they don't exist 1f601.png

I also do not see the point a buying a "remaster" from the previous gen (going back just 1 gen) unless it is a complete edition. I would probably not re-buy the two Re-Imaginings myself as I found them really lacking outside of graphics. Now if these were remasters of the original games using the "Moguri" Mod then I might consider it, just not sure if the Moguri mod works on games besides FF.

Here is the Moguri Mod with Final Fanatsy IX

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamercris066 said:

I think I figured out the release date March 17th, The leaf emoji is so similar to St. Patrick's Day. This could be the release date for this version, Don't forget to wear green.

2 Weeks away or 14 days away.

Nope, it's not even a clover.