Aranea Highwind

Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 are coming to PlayStation 5 with visual enhancements later this year!

153 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Interesting question: What will they do With the VR Mode on the ps5 Version from RE7  because VR is only possible for ps4 games. It would be sad if its get removed :( 

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Interesting question: What will they do With the VR Mode on the ps5 Version from RE7  because VR is only possible for ps4 games. It would be sad if its get removed :( 

 

PSVR2-only compatibility?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Very excited for this. I loved these games and don't mind replaying them. However, I'm dreading having to do the final Nemesis battle on Nightmare/Inferno mode on RE3R again. I lucked out with Nightmare but Inferno was hell. You needed to get lucky to win that fight even with the most powerful shop items. 

 

Also this reminds me I need to finish the No Way Out level for RE2R and some of the DLC trophies for RE7.

Edited by SnakeSound222
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

 

Where is the PS5 version of Resident Evil Resistance? It was part of RE3R.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Very excited for this. I loved these games and don't mind replaying them. However, I'm dreading having to do the final Nemesis battle on Nightmare/Inferno mode on RE3R again. I lucked out with Nightmare but Inferno was hell. You needed to get lucky to win that fight even with the most powerful shop items. 

 

Also this reminds me I need to finish the No Way Out level for RE2R and some of the DLC trophies for RE7.

 

If you bother to buy the unlockable items DLC for RE3, it's make the last boss a absolute joke.

 

Normally, 3 hits and you are dead as you likely remember, but with the unlockable DLC, you die on hit 10 and can auto-regen to full health in about 5 secs if you take no damage XD.

 

The unlockable items DLC on RE3 is mad

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2022-03-02 at 9:39 AM, bikeman223 said:

Shame I played through them all last year. Would have been nice to play definitive editions with everything bundled in first, especially considering I was such a latecomer to the franchise.

They aren't bundled though (If I'm reading you correctly). It's just enhanced versions (performance, visuals, etc) not bundling DLC or the games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

...

 

Where is the PS5 version of Resident Evil Resistance? It was part of RE3R.

I think Capcom's done with that game. It didn't perform well at all and development for it stopped only a few months after it launched.

 

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

 

If you bother to buy the unlockable items DLC for RE3, it's make the last boss a absolute joke.

 

Normally, 3 hits and you are dead as you likely remember, but with the unlockable DLC, you die on hit 10 and can auto-regen to full health in about 5 secs if you take no damage XD.

 

The unlockable items DLC on RE3 is mad

I've thought about that but I'm not sure I really want to spend $5 just to help with 2-3 trophies max (especially since I already have everything unlocked so I'd just be stacking the bonus items). Maybe if there's a good enough sale I'll start thinking about that again. 

 

Also they're still unavailable in the prologue, which is also incredibly difficult since you need to perfectly time your perfect dodge twice otherwise you're dead. You don't have enough time to break out of the zombies' grabs before they kill you no matter how hard you mash the button. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Also they're still unavailable in the prologue, which is also incredibly difficult since you need to perfectly time your perfect dodge twice otherwise you're dead. You don't have enough time to break out of the zombies' grabs before they kill you no matter how hard you mash the button. 


You have to change from mashing the button to just holding it in the options somewhere and you can escape. ;)
No need for perfect dodge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

They aren't bundled though (If I'm reading you correctly). It's just enhanced versions (performance, visuals, etc) not bundling DLC or the games.

Hm, must’ve misunderstood what these versions entail. Guess they’re more akin to patches than physical re-releases.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Also they're still unavailable in the prologue, which is also incredibly difficult since you need to perfectly time your perfect dodge twice otherwise you're dead. You don't have enough time to break out of the zombies' grabs before they kill you no matter how hard you mash the button. 

 

Actually once!!!

 

My guide we actually run straight into the first and take the hit!! 

 

One perfect dodge!!

 

But then we don't even dodge any actually, the 1st we run into, the 2nd we run away then turn and shoot in the leg for the stun.

 

2 x perfect dodges is a choice, not neccessary though!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

They aren't bundled though (If I'm reading you correctly). It's just enhanced versions (performance, visuals, etc) not bundling DLC or the games.


I thought I made a big brain 5th dimensional play by getting the gold edition that’s on sale right now. I’ll be pretty sad if the dlc doesn’t carry over or if the ps+ version gets the free upgrade 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

...

 

Where is the PS5 version of Resident Evil Resistance? It was part of RE3R.

 

Probably ditched for a good reason.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really intrigued how they'll implement dualsense features for these.

 

Could you imagine feeling Mr. X's footsteps through the controller as it gets stronger and stronger while he's getting closer to you? That would be so fucking cool.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't like 7 once you leave the house. Liked 2 and 3 Remake, will I replay them even though they are free upgrades.... not sure. Depends on the timing of release 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'lll replay them all

 

As its a free upgrade (from what i read) maybe finally feel i get value out of buying 3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RE7 was a huge disappointment for me. Boring, monotonous locations, constant claustrophobia. For all this, a ton of DLC without an interesting idea ...

 

But the new versions of RE2 and 3 are masterpieces.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope there is no autopop...

 

The only thing I don't look forward to are the garbage RE7 DLCs like End of Zoe and Not a Hero...  21 I don't mind, I thought it was quick and easy but End of Zoe was just ... pure shit.. first person angry swamp man simulator with melee combat... melee always sucks in first person view.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

They got me at "digital upgrade with no cost"

While the fever here seems to auto pop stuff I'll save these versions of good games with different lists for when I want to platinum them again, because some deserve it and I have zero urgency to get more platinums.

33 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I hope there is no autopop...

 

The only thing I don't look forward to are the garbage RE7 DLCs like End of Zoe and Not a Hero...  21 I don't mind, I thought it was quick and easy but End of Zoe was just ... pure shit.. first person angry swamp man simulator with melee combat... melee always sucks in first person view.

Don't say that, I just downloaded it again to 100% it after years 😕

Is it really that awful?

Edited by Sunnyburrito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Hm, must’ve misunderstood what these versions entail. Guess they’re more akin to patches than physical re-releases.

I could be wrong too. But my understanding is if you already own the content you get a PS5 version for free. If you don't own the DLC for example you'd have to still buy it. Could be wrong, again.

8 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:


I thought I made a big brain 5th dimensional play by getting the gold edition that’s on sale right now. I’ll be pretty sad if the dlc doesn’t carry over or if the ps+ version gets the free upgrade 

From my understanding that play is good, you'd get the game +_ its DLC playable free on the PS5 version. Just mean you wouldn't get the DLC/other games free on PS5 if you don't already own them.

Also, whaddya mean about PS+?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Adding to my collection of games and trophies. Still patiently waiting on RE4 remake.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awsome. Hope it is with new trophy sets tho.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I could be wrong too. But my understanding is if you already own the content you get a PS5 version for free. If you don't own the DLC for example you'd have to still buy it. Could be wrong, again.

From my understanding that play is good, you'd get the game +_ its DLC playable free on the PS5 version. Just mean you wouldn't get the DLC/other games free on PS5 if you don't already own them.

Also, whaddya mean about PS+?


Badass! I was sweating bullets last night lol and the ps+ version I meant the PS+ Collection that gives it away for free on the ps5. I know they don’t usually give free upgrades for those

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.