Resident Evil 2, 3, and 7 are coming to PlayStation 5 with visual enhancements later this year!

Aranea Highwind

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Also, whaddya mean about PS+?

All PS5 owners get access to something called the "PlayStation Plus Collection". It's 20 Greatest Hits PS4 games you get to download and play. One of them is Resident Evil 7...and a lot of us (including myself) seem to have RE7 because of the PS+ Collection. But because of other games we've received through PS+ NOT getting PS5 upgrades...we were assuming RE7 from the collection won't have it either. 

23 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I know they don’t usually give free upgrades for those

AFAIK at least 4 games received PS5 upgrades and only two of them were not available for owners of the PS+ versions.

It's not even confirmed if the PS5 versions will never include DLC, but it wouldn't make sense not to include them at this point, especially for RE7.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what? I don't see a TLOU2 PS5 trophy list. These RE games are probably going to be native PS5 ports.

That's what I'm saying, it doesn't have a PS5 trophy list, even though they updated the game for the PS5. Is that not considered a "PS5 version" then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

AFAIK at least 4 games received PS5 upgrades and only two of them were not available for owners of the PS+ versions.

It's not even confirmed if the PS5 versions will never include DLC, but it wouldn't make sense not to include them at this point, especially for RE7.

The PS5 versions will probably include DLC, it wouldn't make sense not to. Just means you wouldn't get free DLC if you don't already own it.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

All PS5 owners get access to something called the "PlayStation Plus Collection". It's 20 Greatest Hits PS4 games you get to download and play. One of them is Resident Evil 7...and a lot of us (including myself) seem to have RE7 because of the PS+ Collection. But because of other games we've received through PS+ NOT getting PS5 upgrades...we were assuming RE7 from the collection won't have it either. 

Yeah, that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

That's what I'm saying, it doesn't have a PS5 trophy list, even though they updated the game for the PS5. Is that not considered a "PS5 version" then?

I guess not, same happened with Days Gone.

22 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Just means you wouldn't get free DLC if you don't already own it.

I'm saying that the PS5 versions will be single entries/files/purchases/whatever with everything already included (except maybe for the All In-game Rewards DLC for 2 and 3 and the Coins/Madhouse DLC for 7)

20 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

What about The Last of Us Part II? Does the PS5 Performance Patch not count?

Performance patch and native port are two different things. The twitter post clearly says about next gen upgrades to PS5. Days Gone, TLOU2 or Ratchet and Clank, Vampyr and many other games had just framerate unlock PATCHES on their PS4 versions. So yes, they don't count IMO, it's very clear difference between next gen upgrade and last gen patch. You ask if they don't count as PS5 versions, yeah they don't count, when you start those on PS5 it clearly shows PS4 icon next to the game. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Aranea Highwind said:

Bruh, I thought when I saw the title that we would get the original PS1 games ported over til I saw the twitter attachment. Should've known, too good to be true...?

I mean I'll take an excuse to play through these three games any day. I think it's cool too that they are doing the upgrade patches for those who additionally own the titles on PC. Looks like I need to break out my old speedrun notes for 2 and 3 again. ?

• Like 1

On 04/03/2022 at 3:31 AM, SnakeSound222 said:

I think Capcom's done with that game. It didn't perform well at all and development for it stopped only a few months after it launched.

They are but this would give them an opportunity to have another try and this time it might go better as Resistance does have it's fans who'd promote it to others to give it a shot. It'd also allow them to scrap Re:Verse by stating that new stuff they're adding to Resistance is Re:Verse stuff.

On 04/03/2022 at 8:51 AM, Lance_87 said:

Probably ditched for a good reason.

Many people would say that and perhaps Capcom itself does too sure, but I don't agree myself. Out of the attempts Capcom has had on a multiplayer RE Resistance is very much their best effort. Balance it a bit better, add more playable survivors and masterminds, more maps, and an Outbreak style campaign and you'd have a real solid title. 

• Like 1

On 2022-03-04 at 2:20 PM, Lance_87 said:

I'm saying that the PS5 versions will be single entries/files/purchases/whatever with everything already included (except maybe for the All In-game Rewards DLC for 2 and 3 and the Coins/Madhouse DLC for 7)

But... why? Why would Capcom want to make native PS5 versions and then remove their main financial gain from it?

On 4.3.2022 at 9:45 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

No because it's the same ps4 app. The ps5 just runs it in different settings. You have the same thing with ps4 and ps4 pro. All 1 app, but PS4 runs at 1080@30, PS4 Pro at 1440@30 and ps5 at 1440@60. You need a completely different app to have a new trophy list.

Resident Evil will most likely get native ps5 apps which inevitably include new trophy lists.

Edited by westersburg

18 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

But... why? Why would Capcom want to make native PS5 versions and then remove their main financial gain from it?

What's the point in making another base game and another set of separate DLCs for years old singleplayer games? We aren't talking about a GAAS title. Especially RE7 is 5 years old.

When Capcom re-released UMvC3 on PS4 they simply included all DLC previously released on PS3, both free and paid.

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

What's the point in making another base game and another set of separate DLCs for years old singleplayer games? We aren't talking about a GAAS title. Especially RE7 is 5 years old.

When Capcom re-released UMvC3 on PS4 they simply included all DLC previously released on PS3, both free and paid.

You can hawk those versions to Sony/Microsoft for PS Plus/Sony's coming new service/Gamepass for some easy money. Last number of years has seen this be a very noticeable thing. Square Enix is heavily supported by contracts with those two platform holders. A good chunk of companies that would normally port stuff to Xbox in the west at little/negative gain now don't as they expect a cheque from Microsoft first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Many people would say that and perhaps Capcom itself does too sure, but I don't agree myself. Out of the attempts Capcom has had on a multiplayer RE Resistance is very much their best effort. Balance it a bit better, add more playable survivors and masterminds, more maps, and an Outbreak style campaign and you'd have a real solid title. 

Outbreak was the absolute worst selling series in the RE franchise. We'd probably get a REmake of Gaiden before they ever even thought about doing anything related to Outbreak again.

I enjoyed Outbreak 1 but this is just being realistic.

Can't wait to get the most fun trophy again :D!!

43S596207.png Hell of a Sheriff
Complete the No Way Out scenario. (No training mode)

Please let that shit trophy autopop *Fingers Crossed* 

In all seriousness I really hope we can replay the game without autopopping everything but that dlc was just horrible. Took me way to many tries lol

• Like 2