kidson2004

Report: Forspoken delayed

14 posts in this topic

https://t.co/71wB2Zdiyb

this link above is to a article as well. I’m all for a game being delayed. No pressure and no rush. And truth be told, I’m not surprised given there hasn’t been much put out there after the game was announced and shown off. 

Probably for the best, Square is releasing a lot this year and spacing it out will probably help- especially if they spend that time polishing it properly.

Best that they take the time they need - it's a new IP in a pretty crowded market that already has a lot of heavy-hitters. If it stumbles out of the gate it'll be dead. It needs to make a good first impression if it's going to stand a chance.

I'm personally quite intrigued by this one... 

...hopefully the 5 months will be what they need to get it how they intend.

I'd rather it be delayed than released unfinished.  Honestly, it's probably not bad for it to be delayed until this coming fall, considering upcoming games like God of War.

Edited by grimydawg___

Wasn't all taht impressed by the gameplay so additional time is probably for the best. 

I'm also of the opinion that this move is for the best, would rather have a more complete experience than one that is pushed out in order to garner attention before summer. Plus, on the bright side, it gives me a bit more time to finish some of the other exclusives that have been coming out recently too. I guess that's just one silver lining to all of this. 

27 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Wasn't all taht impressed by the gameplay so additional time is probably for the best. 

I didn't see anything in the delay tweet saying combat would be made more impressive.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't see anything in the delay tweet saying combat would be made more impressive.

Never said anything about combat to begin with.

24 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Never said anything about combat to begin with.

Oh sorry. Gameplay.

7 months to change their whole gameplay that you saw into what you will like.

That makes it even more clear.

58 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Oh sorry. Gameplay.

7 months to change their whole gameplay that you saw into what you will like.

That makes it even more clear.

Never said anything about "change" either. Any other words you want to put in my mouth? 😂😂

I don't really mind. Sure, I'm hyped af for this game, but I want it to be out only when its finished and good to go.

seems there are numerous gameplay vids out next to no one discusses...

2 months ago

On 07/03/2022 at 9:45 AM, grimydawg___ said:

I'd rather it be delayed than released unfinished.  Honestly, it's probably not bad for it to be delayed until this coming fall, considering upcoming games like God of War.

well i see it being a busy fall and Forspoken possibly being Forgotten.

Sept is rumored heavily to have Hogwarts Legacy and God of War.

November is always big, who knows wtf Nintendo does those 2 months, Xenoblade, maybe BOTW 2 considering pokemon in November. So xmas season may be quite stacked. We will see.

But i also dont think its a bad idea.

I do see games like Dio Chronicle, Valkyrie Elysium, and possibly Star Ocean occupy May-July. Def think Valkyrie Elysium or Star Ocean is coming summer though.