what weapon for a strength character?

Majin-Pablito

2 hours ago, Majin-Pablito said:

usually in dark souls games i use the claymore. she's currently +13 but I really don't think she does any damage. do you have a weapon to recommend?

if you want to be an absolute monster dual wield shields lol, and do shield counters then switch to any large 2h and put them out of their misery in a one shot lol. i would recommend you respec at some point and flood arcane with some increases and check out the wicked dual blade you can get from the bloody finger questline, it's pretty damn amazing.

im currently a level 43 prisoner. using the Moonveil Katana, it's basically like a moonlight greatsword and it has a special attack that out-damages my spells lol, i had to kill the magma wyrm to get it and he was a right bastard.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

34 minutes ago, Starlight-Hime said:

Grafted Blade Greatsword, vous pouvez l'obtenir immédiatement, tombe d'un mini boss assez facile.

Is she really powerful?

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Hallebarde d'or. Lâché par la sentinelle des arbres que vous trouvez lorsque vous entrez pour la première fois dans le monde ouvert.

Cette chose m'a transporté facilement jusqu'à la toute dernière zone du jeu.

(actuellement lvl 112 avec 50str)

How much damage do you do?

The Claymore is a great weapon thanks to its moveset and speed. Nothing wrong with the damage output. It's just some enemies prefer to be hit with a hammer instead, because their armor and scales are resistant to standard or slash damage. It's good to have several weapons with different damage types.

I have the Uchigatana, Zweihander, Claymore, Battle Hammer and a Long Bow for tactical use. 5 weapons to choose from for every scenario.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

Strength faith build with enough Intelligence to use the Frost Armament. I absolutely LOVE my Great Axe. Currently at a +15, Level 88, Strength 40.It wrecks. I couple it with a Brass Shield (no skill so I can Hoarfrost Stomp without Two handing when needed) Hoarfrost Stomp and Mimic Tear Ashes. The winged Sword Insignia Talisman Raises attack power with successive attacks, Green Turtle Talisman for raising stamina recovery speed, and Prince of Death's Pustule to Raise Vitality and avoid death. Oh, and I always have my Long Bow.

• Like 2

Went all in on STR last night with a respec on my Wretch.

(Level 66)

VIG 25

END 30

STR 40

...all other stats are 10.

Main Weapon is now Colossal Weapon Great Club +15, pure STR scaling with the HP-regen Greatshield. Absolutely wrecks on Critical Hits and Destroys Poise even on Bosses, but can't attach an Armament to it or change it's damage type unfortunately.

I want to switch to the Giant Crusher Warhammer but it's 23.5 weight and would require me to constantly 2-hand. It's a goal though.

Sadly since respeccing I'm now stuck on STR-scaling weapons and lose access to all the STR/DEX ones but the damage output is top notch for sure. Gonna make a little list of all the STR-scaling weapons.

Quick question: Is Standard Weapon Type always potentially higher damage than making the weapon Heavy or Quality or Keen? So far my highest damage numbers are when I switch a weapon to Heavy but if I check Fextralife it shows max damage is usually for Standard Type.

In my strength only build I dual weilded the Greatsword and the Grafted Greatsword, jump attack L1 staggered just about anything on the first hit and after 2-3 any enemy, large and small and even half the bosses were dropped into the ripsote state. Poise and armror actually working unlike in DS3 really helped as well, I wore Lionell's set. At end game and 50 strength I was doing between 9-1200 from a jumping L1 on bosses. 

But I'm also used to these builds cuz I have the most fun with large weapons heavy armor characters 

On 03/03/2022 at 7:56 PM, Starlight-Hime said:

Grafted Blade Greatsword, you can get it immediately, drops from a fairly easy mini boss.

I am using this at the minute, good move set, if a little slow... found it by accident after killing the mini boss

but couple this with the charm that increases damage on the end of a combo and level it up with the somber stones (i think I'm +5) 35 points in strength (means I have to two hand it as its a min 40 STR weapon) and Im having a fairly easy time of it as long as I get the timing right. It wrecked Godrick and it one hits most of the average enemies.

The best thing about the weapon for me though is the stagger effect, breaking the opponents poise. It's literally a life saver.

each to their own though, that's what is so cool about this game - choices and styles for everyone. 

I used the Ruins Greatsword. I liked its skill and when maxed it has a S scaling in STR. You also need 16 INT for it though and I would not recommend leveling INT past 16 as the returns aren't great. (E Scaling for INT and D when maxed) Better put points in Strength, Endurance and Vigor.

You can only get this after Radahn though. So he's a massive roadblock on the way to that weapon. Before I got the Ruins Greatsword, I used the Rusted Anchor, because I liked the look :D You can get Rusted Anchor up to an A scaling in STR with Heavy maxed.

At the end of the game, I was Level 150 with 80 points in STR. Going past 80 is not recommended because of diminishing returns, since 80 is the last softcap for STR.

How to find Ruins Greatsword:

https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-ruins-greatsword-location-guide/