I'm struggling with the game again. 

I finished the story two times now, normal and true vault, and I am at level 30, and I have to level up to 35.

I have tried to do the murderlin temple mission and I think my weapons are weak. 

Currently I have two infinity gun, orange 200 damage the first and 230 the second, and two pink rifle, the strong weapons I have, one has 1998 damage.

But still, I have to shot every enemy like 20 times. The infinity guns works, but it like 50 seconds of continuous shooting for kill one enemy. 

Again, I'm not an expert, it's my first game in the series, and maybe this are noob questions but every help is appreciated, thank you. 

Slag is the key to killing anything quickly in BL2 and this spinoff so either find a decent Slag weapon or spec your character into whatever skills they have which naturally apply Slag. One of the best weapons in the game is the Florentine SMG from the Seraph Vendor in Flamerock Refuge but to get one, you either need earn a lot of Seraph Crystals by killing the Ancient Dragons of Destruction or have a friend dupe one for you. I would look up some builds on Youtube for your main character then find someone to drop all the requisite gear :). The Infinity Pistol is ok but unless you're using a Moneyshot or Infini-shot build for Salavador, it's pretty worthless.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

Yes, I'm currently using Salvador. 

But what I need to know is what is a good damage ratio in a gun? 

Like, it's right that the enemy take a lot of hits, or at my level, 30, I should be able to one shot them? 

Oneshoting an enemy is impossible with any class, without using either glitches/exploits or a Norfleet Rocket Launcher. The Borderlands games have always had funky damage scaling but BL2 dials everything up to 11, especially on Playthrough 2. Make sure you have Easy Mode turned on, that way enemies will die a little quicker and you will take less damage. When it comes to damage, rate of fire is often better than raw damage since you can put more bullets into a target, in a much shorter space of time but if you have a Norfleet, then you essentially have god mode active due to how much damage you can do in one shot (i.e. a lot).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

Check the level of your gun, it's more important than the color. I was running around with a level 16 gun in TVHM for the longest time because I failed to realise that the level requirement is more than just a requirement.

Buy level 30+ weapons from the Seraph Dealer in the city and then it's pew pew time.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2022 at 10:59 PM, Infernopommes said:

Check the level of your gun, it's more important than the color. I was running around with a level 16 gun in TVHM for the longest time because I failed to realise that the level requirement is more than just a requirement.

Buy level 30+ weapons from the Seraph Dealer in the city and then it's pew pew time.

This^

Whilst a low level gun will keep you going for a little while, it's always best to keep an eye out for a higher level one so you're doing maximum damage at all times.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

Maybe an Assault Rifle, but most of that stuff is trash, even at max level.

This^

The Seraph Assault Rifle is very meh and is only good in certain situations, due to the fact it can't do critical hits. The SMG, Shields and Shotgun are the only good Seraph items in this game, everything else is either outright garbage or meh. Do note the Omen Shotgun and Blockade shield can only be obtained as drops from the Ancient Dragons of Destruction.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I will try again and see what I can get from the shop or the lootapult. I just need some decent weapon so I can get to level 35 and be done with this game. 

I have to say, the game is ok, but the trophies are very boring to get. I want to finish as soon as possible and never play it again. 

• 1 month later...

There’s an early quest in the game called “The Sword in the Stoner” that is awarded by Roland in Flamerock Refuge. It awards a shotgun called the Casual Swordplosion that is ridiculously overpowered.

I obtained a level 9 version of this weapon early in the game, and I’m still using it on my TVHM playthrough at level 33. It’s literally still my most powerful weapon lmao. It wrecks absolutely everything. Totally unbalanced. The Seraph SMGs and Assault Rifles are also very OP weapons so buy them as soon as you can afford them.

33 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

There’s an early quest in the game called “The Sword in the Stoner” that is awarded by Roland in Flamerock Refuge. It awards a shotgun called the Casual Swordplosion that is ridiculously overpowered.

I obtained a level 9 version of this weapon early in the game, and I’m still using it on my TVHM playthrough at level 33. It’s literally still my most powerful weapon lmao. It wrecks absolutely everything. Totally unbalanced. The Seraph SMGs and Assault Rifles are also very OP weapons so buy them as soon as you can afford them.

The Causal Prefix for that shotgun isn't guaranteed but it can be farmed if you backup your saves before turning in the mission, then restoring them if Roland doesn't give you the one you want.

• Like 1

A good world drop is the magic missile grenade too. It regens your Grenada counter and does a ton of slag damage/effect. Combine that with a gun that butt stallion gives it should ease the pain. If you’re fine with farming, they added the norfleet as a drop to one of the 4 kings and that alone will carry you through almost everything that isn’t the dragons if you’re in a pickle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

A good world drop is the magic missile grenade too. It regens your Grenada counter and does a ton of slag damage/effect. Combine that with a gun that butt stallion gives it should ease the pain. If you’re fine with farming, they added the norfleet as a drop to one of the 4 kings and that alone will carry you through almost everything that isn’t the dragons if you’re in a pickle. 

Not sure if the same but you can use the weird rainbow crystals that drop from enemies on the other black market door to buy some pretty broken guns. I just used the gunzerker and his upgrade path once done he can practically gunzerk nonstop with only miner breaks and each gunzerk is constantly refilling ammo so if you run low just go into gunzerk and continue questing as it fills up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

The Causal Prefix for that shotgun isn't guaranteed but it can be farmed if you backup your saves before turning in the mission, then restoring them if Roland doesn't give you the one you want.

I just realized that a few minutes after posting this lol. I went back and redid the mission in TVHM to upgrade the gun and actually got a slightly different version that only shoots out 1 sword rather than 3. Despite having a much higher damage value and being a lvl. 33 weapon, I was quite disappointed with it when I took it for a spin in Murderlins. I sold it and went back to using my trusty lvl 9 Casual. ?

I still stand by the original statement though, just be sure to back up your save to the cloud before handing in the completed mission like you said, and anybody can easily get this gun really early in the game. It will carry you through the entire game if you want it to, especially if you’re playing as a Gunzerker and use it along with the Seraph slag/shock SMG.

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

I just realized that a few minutes after posting this lol. I went back and redid the mission in TVHM to upgrade the gun and actually got a slightly different version that only shoots out 1 sword rather than 3. Despite having a much higher damage value and being a lvl. 33 weapon, I was quite disappointed with it when I took it for a spin in Murderlins. I sold it and went back to using my trusty lvl 9 Casual. 1f602.png

I still stand by the original statement though, just be sure to back up your save to the cloud before handing in the completed mission like you said, and anybody can easily get this gun really early in the game. It will carry you through the entire game if you want it to, especially if you’re playing as a Gunzerker and use it along with the Seraph slag/shock SMG.

Magic missile is also a good addition to a gunzerker build while in gunzerker he tosses twice as many for the price of 1

12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Magic missile is also a good addition to a gunzerker build while in gunzerker he tosses twice as many for the price of 1

Absolutely. I experimented with a lot of different grenades and found Magic Missile to be the best by far. They’re also very useful for some of the more annoying types of enemies, like the conjuring/teleporting skeletons, and they have really good range too and can be directed at enemies quite far away.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the Magic Missile. Along with the Conference Call Shotgun, Infinity Pistol, and the Florentine SMG from the Seraph Vendor.

For the Florentine SMG, get one with the prefix Apt or Consumate for maximum fire rate/damage respectively. I got a level 12 Consumate one during my first run and used it until beating the first run. On my THVM run, I just got myself a level 24 Apt Florentine, and it's all you need to beat the game. Ridiculously OP with Shock and Slag at the same time!