Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

I will wait till the Limited Stock will appear on C9, so if someone will get the trophy with the other car, i can 100% confirm for everyone, that C9 also counts to the trophy. Or, if Ferrari P330 will unlock the trophy, i can buy it and confirm that Jaguar is also needed.

i have Ford and Jaguar at this moment

• Like 3

saw a guide was posted on the site today that has this written:

While no three vehicles have been found yet that can earn this trophy, the vehicles that fit these requirements will be added here as they are made available in the Legends dealership. So far, the following vehicles have appeared in the store that match these criteria: the Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 (4,600,000 credits) and the Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (3,000,000 credits).

I know at this point those 2 cars are just an educated guess, but my question is: so far, since the game launched, are those the only 2 cars that fit the requirements in the "learn more" section?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I know at this point those 2 cars are just an educated guess, but my question is: so far, since the game launched, are those the only 2 cars that fit the requirements in the "learn more" section?

Yes, just the Ford Mark IV and the new Sauber C9 match this. I did not update the trophy guide description until after those here in the thread who had the Mark IV and the Jaguar XJ13 did not get the trophy upon purchasing the Sauber, as that logically leads to the Jag not counting. While the Sauber didn't have as long of a description of the engineering behind its dominance like the Mark IV, the Sauber took 1st and 2nd in 1989. This isn't mentioned in the store, but is when looking at the bio in your garage upon purchasing. 

For now, it is an educated guess, but buying the Sauber is what I'd recommend everyone do, and why I updated the trophy guide accordingly. I also believe that there will be more than 3 vehicles applicable for the trophy and you just need to obtain 3, though waiting for rotations is the limiting factor. If the next vehicle that appears that's a 24 hour winner (and hopefully one that dominated like the Mark IV and Sauber C9 and removing the need for interpretation) doesn't pop it for those with the two mentioned, then there will be a massive revision in both the guide and our overall understanding of what's going on. But for now, I think the simplest explanation is the one to stick to: it won a 24 hr race and says so in the description in the store. 

• Like 1

I think it's worth taking a step back and realizing that we have zero confirmation that A. there are a pool of eligible cars and we can buy any three of them, B. the eligible cars had to have won a 24-hour race, or C. the car descriptions have any bearing on whether the car counts toward the trophy.

I'm glad we're all thinking logically about this, and I'm sure folks will figure it out eventually. But credits are really annoying to come by in this game, so I'd be wary of folks dropping a ton of them based on things we're all reading into, unless you understand the risk and are willing to grind, a lot, to get them back. To those that are, thank you.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the trophy refers to three set cars, most likely candidates being the Ford and Jag, plus the Ferrari 330 P4, which I don't believe we've seen yet. Others said this earlier in the thread, but those have been linked together throughout the GT series and all fit the vague idea of "destined." 

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Just noticed ps5 trophy list as 0.01 percent against the trophy. Im sure it said 0.0 percent earlier, so might be worth a check if a le mans car is there. Ive not unlocked the legendary cars yet so not sure when they rotate them

Devs just tested that trophy, thats why. That was couple of days ago, tbh.

Legendary cars of 2022/03/20

• Sauber Mercedes C9 '89: Available (3,000,000cr)
  • 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54: Limited Stock (4,000,000cr)
  • 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97: Out of stock (3,000,000cr)
  • McLaren F1 '94: New entry (18,500,000cr)
  • Corvette (C2) '63: Limited Stock (178,000cr)
Edited by dotazured
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, dotazured said:

Legendary cars of 2022/03/20

• Sauber Mercedes C9 '89: Available (3,000,000cr)
  • 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54: Available (4,000,000cr)
  • 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97: Out of stock (3,000,000cr)
  • McLaren F1 '94: New entry (18,500,000cr)
  • Corvette (C2) '63: Limited Stock (178,000cr)

Nothing about Le Mans in the learn more for the McLaren. Also 18.5M LMAO

• Like 1

I wonder if the categorisation of cars in other games might be helpful?
Project Cars 3 has the 1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes Benz in Group C. A little concerning if we have unnecessarily dropped 3 million CR.

Classic LM is where you find some of the other cars being speculated
1965 Lotus Type 40 Ford

1967 Ford MkIV

1967 Ferrari 330 P4

1971 Porsche 908/03 Spyder

1970 Ferrari 512 S & Ferrari 512 M

1970 Porsche 917K

1971 Porsche 917 LH

2 hours ago, marko_cruise said:

I wonder if the categorisation of cars in other games might be helpful?
Project Cars 3 has the 1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes Benz in Group C. A little concerning if we have unnecessarily dropped 3 million CR.

Classic LM is where you find some of the other cars being speculated
1965 Lotus Type 40 Ford

1967 Ford MkIV

1967 Ferrari 330 P4

1971 Porsche 908/03 Spyder

1970 Ferrari 512 S & Ferrari 512 M

1970 Porsche 917K

1971 Porsche 917 LH

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up wasting the 3M. But rather that than the 12M for the previous Jaguar I suppose?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

Has anyone actually gotten this trophy that can tell us 100% the cars needed? By the trophy's description it says "were once destined to win" which makes me think that the car was destined to win but did not.

Check the bottom of this page:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/15576-gran-turismo-7/53-three-legendary-cars