Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

13 minutes ago, MAXTHUNDER said:

Has anyone actually gotten this trophy that can tell us 100% the cars needed? By the trophy's description it says "were once destined to win" which makes me think that the car was destined to win but did not.

Well destined to win doesn’t necessarily mean didn’t win. To me it means it has a great chance of winning and everyone thought it was going to win in the future. 

• Like 1

if there really is 70 cars in the legendary dealership and if that feedback that person got from pd about the description "verbatimly" telling us it's destined is good info, then there's decent chance we haven't even seen one of the cars yet. i know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's a very real possibility. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, whirring_ said:

if there really is 70 cars in the legendary dealership and if that feedback that person got from pd about the description "verbatimly" telling us it's destined is good info, then there's decent chance we haven't even seen one of the cars yet. i know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's a very real possibility. 

No. It has very low chance to have the exact 'destined to win' wording in its description, judging from the data available so far. We have roughly 3 major options, except for the extremely low possibility options.

1. Most probable: any 3 car among the former Le Mans winners (917K, Mark IV, 787B, XJR-9, C9, F1 GTR)
  2. Moderate possibilty: specific 3 cars among the former Le mans winners (out of 20 combinations among the above mentioned 6 cars, 917K + Mark IV + 787B and 917K + XJR-9 + something is the most probable ones)
  3. Low possibility: cars which were supposed to compete on 1967 Le Mans (Mark IV, 330 P4, XJ13)

In almost all cases, Mark IV is there and Mark IV doesn't carry the 'destined to win' description verbatim. We also got another winner C9, which also doesn't carry the description. We even got another car for option 3. (XJ13), and it also doesn't have the description. So if it has to carry the 'destined to win' wording, it rules out both 1. and 3., leaving only 2 (or other non-mentioned low possibility options). This introduces a big problem, because the poster also said there are more than 3 cars (which is the reason why 1 is the most probable option in the first place) that satisfy the requirements, and the 'destined to win' requirement contradicts that (unless it's these 4 cars; 917K, 787B, XJR-9, F1 GTR, or some completely weird line ups filled with losers). Also, 勝利すべく産声 would be the original text, not 'destined to win' (which is just a translation). It's hard to make a sentence without altering anything from '勝利すべく産声'.

You could use 勝利すべく産声(destined to win), or 伝説(legendary) to losers, but it makes whole less sense than actual winners. Among the winners, 917K is the prime suspect, since it won both Le Mans 24 and Daytona 24 AND literally destroyed every other competitor (did 10% or 30 more laps on Le Mans than the fastest non-Porsche) enough to warrant some rule changes to phase out the 917 AND gives the Le Mans first victory to Porsche AND appeared on the announcement trailer AND '917 Living Legend' is a preorder bonus car. So it's not just a winner. It's the most suspicious 24 hour race winner of all time. Mark IV is also rather prominent one out of those 6 possible winners, because GT40s are the only American Le Mans winner, and it is rather famous for two generations of road cars and the movie Ford v Ferrari. C9 not so much, so if it has to be specific 3, less chance than 787B (the first Japanese winner, and only Japanese winner before TS050, and only rotary winner), or XJR-9 (Le Mans / Daytona double winner).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wendenhorn said:

No. It has very low chance to have the exact 'destined to win' wording in its description, judging from the data available so far. We have roughly 3 major options, except for the extremely low possibility options.

1. Most probable: any 3 car among the former Le Mans winners (917K, Mark IV, 787B, XJR-9, C9, F1 GTR)
  2. Moderate possibilty: specific 3 cars among the former Le mans winners (out of 20 combinations among the above mentioned 6 cars, 917K + Mark IV + 787B and 917K + XJR-9 + something is the most probable ones)
  3. Low possibility: cars which were supposed to compete on 1967 Le Mans (Mark IV, 330 P4, XJ13)

In almost all cases, Mark IV is there and Mark IV doesn't carry the 'destined to win' description verbatim. We also got another winner C9, which also doesn't carry the description. We even got another car for option 3. (XJ13), and it also doesn't have the description. So if it has to carry the 'destined to win' wording, it rules out both 1. and 3., leaving only 2 (or other non-mentioned low possibility options). This introduces a big problem, because the poster also said there are more than 3 cars (which is the reason why 1 is the most probable option in the first place) that satisfy the requirements, and the 'destined to win' requirement contradicts that (unless it's these 4 cars; 917K, 787B, XJR-9, F1 GTR, or some completely weird line ups filled with losers). Also, 勝利すべく産声 would be the original text, not 'destined to win' (which is just a translation). It's hard to make a sentence without altering anything from '勝利すべく産声'.

You could use 勝利すべく産声(destined to win), or 伝説(legendary) to losers, but it makes whole less sense than actual winners. Among the winners, 917K is the prime suspect, since it won both Le Mans 24 and Daytona 24 AND literally destroyed every other competitor (did 10% or 30 more laps on Le Mans than the fastest non-Porsche) enough to warrant some rule changes to phase out the 917 AND gives the Le Mans first victory to Porsche AND appeared on the announcement trailer AND '917 Living Legend' is a preorder bonus car. So it's not just a winner. It's the most suspicious 24 hour race winner of all time. Mark IV is also rather prominent one out of those 6 possible winners, because GT40s are the only American Le Mans winner, and it is rather famous for two generations of road cars and the movie Ford v Ferrari. C9 not so much, so if it has to be specific 3, less chance than 787B (the first Japanese winner, and only Japanese winner before TS050, and only rotary winner), or XJR-9 (Le Mans / Daytona double winner).

yeah, i think one of them might literally say "destined" which is what this person from polyphony was referring to and the others will just closely resemble that verbage. as far as the mark iv goes, the desciption for shelby cobra daytona coupe '64 takes it out of the running for me personally. it says "determined to win the le mans for ford" and i would find it strange if there were multiple cars from the same manufactor to fall under whatever pd's definition of destined is, though i guess stranger things have happened. that specific description is enough for me budge on buying a car though. the really awesome part is that it's 20 million. 

Edited by whirring_

I also have 917K, Mark IV, XJ13, C9 and it didn't pop the trophy. It ruled out the 'any winner is eligible' theory. Also, it's very unlikely to have more than 3 eligible cars for this trophy. As such, the trophy is likely going to require specific 3 winners. The most probable ones are 917K, Mark IV and 787B or XJR-9.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, whirring_ said:

yeah, i think one of them might literally say "destined" which is what this person from polyphony was referring to and the others will just closely resemble that verbage. as far as the mark iv goes, the desciption for shelby cobra daytona coupe '64 takes it out of the running for me personally. it says "determined to win the le mans for ford" and i would find it strange if there were multiple cars from the same manufactor to fall under whatever pd's definition of destined is, though i guess stranger things have happened. that specific description is enough for me budge on buying a car though. the really awesome part is that it's 20 million. 

The sentence ('determined to win the le mans for ford') is talking about about Carroll Shelby, not the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64. Also, 917K + Mark IV + C9 combo was not sufficient for the trophy, so 'any 3 winners' theory has been debunked already, and it's most likely 3 specific winner at this point. In other words, almost everything the poster said were debunked (the poster said there are more than 3 eligible cars, which is very unlikely to be true at this point. And also said look for the Le Mans or 24 Nur tag, but the most probable car 917K didn't carry the tag).

• Mark IV: (snipped) because of these facts that the Ford Mark IV has a special place in motorsport history. 
  • 917K: (snipped) making it one of the most significant models in motorsports history.

Like I said, 917K and Mark IV are #1 and #2 suspect, and both carry very similar wording, but no 'destined to win'. As such, 'destined to win' theory is also almost debunked.

Edited by Wendenhorn
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Wendenhorn said:

The sentence ('determined to win the le mans for ford') is talking about about Carroll Shelby, not the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64. Also, 917K + Mark IV + C9 combo was not sufficient for the trophy, so 'any 3 winners' theory has been debunked already, and it's most likely 3 specific winner at this point. In other words, almost everything the poster said were debunked (the poster said there are more than 3 eligible cars, which is very unlikely to be true at this point. And also said look for the Le Mans or 24 Nur tag, but the most probable car 917K didn't carry the tag).

• Mark IV: (snipped) because of these facts that the Ford Mark IV has a special place in motorsport history. 
  • 917K: (snipped) making it one of the most significant models in motorsports history.

Like I said, 917K and Mark IV are #1 and #2 suspect, and both carry very similar wording, but no 'destined to win'. As such, 'destined to win' theory is also almost debunked.

also, i don't see how anything that poster said has been remotely close to being debunked. there's 70 cars and we aren't near even seeing half of them. people are continuing to buy these 'sure thing' cars and trophies aren't popping so it's becoming more and more likely we just haven't actually seen one yet and pd left some extremely obvious clues in the description which goes with what that poster mentioned and adds up considering the specific trophy description. they've recently become active in this thread and seem to be on staff on pstrophies so i feel as though they're probably not just making things up. 

1 hour ago, Wendenhorn said:

I also have 917K, Mark IV, XJ13, C9 and it didn't pop the trophy. It ruled out the 'any winner is eligible' theory. Also, it's very unlikely to have more than 3 eligible cars for this trophy. As such, the trophy is likely going to require specific 3 winners. The most probable ones are 917K, Mark IV and 787B or XJR-9.

Or it is still require to get those 3 legendaries from GT5, and will unlock only after getting Mark IV, XJ13 and Ferrari P330, wich has not been seen yet...

2 minutes ago, MWYSONG23 said:

Guys, as the starter of this thread I haven't followed up for a while, but as I just found something interesting and seemingly important which may help end all the painful guesses, I just feel obliged to make a timely follow-up here.

The car counting toward this trophy may have to be not only of the right model, but also with the right number printed on its body. The reason 917K may not count is that the one in the store is not the actual winner. The exact 917K's that won the races are No. 23 and No. 22, in 1970 and 1971, respectively, but the one being sold there is No. 2. Luckily, the Mark IV and C9 in the store are with the right numbers, which are No. 1 and No. 63, respectively. They are the real veterans that exactly took the first places in Le Mans, and must count toward the trophy.

so basically right car, wrong livery.... that would be fucked......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWYSONG23 said:

Guys, as the starter of this thread I haven't followed up for a while, but as I just found something interesting and seemingly important which may help end all the painful guesses, I just feel obliged to make a timely follow-up here.

The car counting toward this trophy may have to be not only of the right model, but also with the right number printed on its body. The reason 917K may not count is that the one in the store is not the actual winner. The exact 917K's that won the races are No. 23 and No. 22, in 1970 and 1971, respectively, but the one being sold there is No. 2. Luckily, the Mark IV and C9 in the store are with the right numbers, which are No. 1 and No. 63, respectively. They are the real veterans that exactly took the first places in Le Mans, and must count toward the trophy.

This could explain why it didn’t have the #Le Mans in the shop..

• Like 4

I still have a slight suspicion these 3 cars will appear as a post-launch cafe menu and the cars will be prizes.

- A menu fits the trophy being 3 cars.

- A menu is usually a lesson and “Le Mans Legends” would introduce Gr.1 (Le Mans car) events perfectly.

- We saw Jimmy Fallon had a build of the game with Gr.1 races launch week so that’s likely dlc/post-launch content they had planned from the beginning.

• Like 4

917K #2 was the winner of the 1970 24 Hours of Daytona.

Trophy description doesn't specify Le Mans only, but 24 hours races (plural), so the 24 Hours of Daytona should count. 

So there's indeed 3 cars that have won 24 hours races that have been available in the LCD and still no trophy. That leads me to believe PD has 3 particular cars in mind, or the trophy description is wrong.

Edited by Dadu_Westside