Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

To help people with this trophy.

No one has gotten this trophy because you need 3 cars that were "destined" (basically, WON) to win 24 hour races. And they have to be bought from the Legendary Car Dealership, not from Brand Central.

The only cars that fit this criteria are these:

Mazda 787B - 24hr Le Mans winner
Sauber Mercedes C9 - 24hr Le Mans winner
Jaguar XJR-9 - 24hr Le Mans winner
Porsche 917k - 24hr Daytona winner
McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu - 24hr Le Mans winner
Ford Mark IV - 24hr Le Mans winner
Porsche 962C - 24hr Le Mans winner
Jaguar D-Type - 24hr Le Mans winner

Only the Sauber C9 and Ford Mark IV have appeared. But right now There's a Porsche 917k on sale for 18 million (ouch!). If you got the Mark IV and the Sauber, you only need 1 more to get the trophy. You can either grind for your life for the 917k or wait until another cheaper 24 hour race winner appears.

The Mazda and the Jaguar will likely cost about 3 million each. The F1 GTR will probably cost 20 million.

Edited by GrimmSCP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrimmSCP said:

No one has gotten this trophy because you need 3 cars that were "destined" (basically, WON) to win 24 hour races. And they have to be bought from the Legendary Car Dealership, not from Brand Central.

Only the Sauber C9 and Ford Mark IV have appeared. But right now There's a Porsche 917k on sale for 18 million (ouch!). If you got the Mark IV and the Sauber, you only need 1 more to get the trophy. You can either grind for your life for the 917k or wait until another cheaper 24 hour race winner appears.

The Mazda and the Jaguar will likely cost about 3 million each. The F1 GTR will probably cost 20 million.

Are these cars 100% confirmed anywhere? 

2 minutes ago, Dadu_Westside said:

I have the Mark IV, C9 and 917K. No trophy. 

Either:

- The trophy is bugged

- PD have 3 specific cars in mind

- Only Le Mans winners count. 

You have the 917k? Jesus that must've been one hell of a grind.

If you have it and it didn't pop, it means exactly what you stated. The trophy is bugged or it only counts Le Mans winners. "destined" to win means exactly that, cars that were built to win AND WON 24 Hour races (it doesn't specify that it's Le Mans, but I guess you confirm it).

Edited by GrimmSCP
  • Like 1

It seems pretty likely they either have 3 specific LeMans winners in mind, or any of the 3 LeMans winners.

Basically the Jag and the Daytona winner today are just massive credit traps to force out more mtx. 

I reckon the 3 cars you actually need will all be priced similarly to the mark iv and the sauber 

Edited by Hobzy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, whirring_ said:

also, i don't see how anything that poster said has been remotely close to being debunked. there's 70 cars and we aren't near even seeing half of them. people are continuing to buy these 'sure thing' cars and trophies aren't popping so it's becoming more and more likely we just haven't actually seen one yet and pd left some extremely obvious clues in the description which goes with what that poster mentioned and adds up considering the specific trophy description. they've recently become active in this thread and seem to be on staff on pstrophies so i feel as though they're probably not just making things up. 

Not sure why you feel the urge to link the video. I'll just say it again. Carroll Shelby is the one who are determined to win Le Mans for Ford, not the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.

The Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe may be the most valuable Shelby Cobra of them all. Determined to win Le Mans for Ford... Carroll Shelby asked friend and employee Pete Brock to design a coupé body for the Cobra. 

The vast majority of remaining legendary cars are completely useless, because they're either road cars, or dirt cars, or anything that's out of question right off the bat in any sense. We only have a dozen or so plausible candidates, which is a legendary race car either actually raced on any 24 hour event, or at least meant to do so (and we have even less winners). 4 of them (including 3 winners) has been appeared on the dealer but the trophy didn't pop. Which means, the trophy likely requires 'specific 3 winners' not just 'any 3 among the winners or at least born to win', and the claim 'They confirmed there were more than 3 at least' is likely wrong as well as this one 'Look for cars that have the tags #Le Mans and #24Nur' or the 'destined to win' verbatim thing. If every claim is true, then it means every car we've seen so far (including 917K, Mark IV, XJ13, C9) is not one of them, but the game somehow has more than 3 eligible cars. However, there is absolutely zero car that's more probable than either 917K or Mark IV (out of 12 or 70 or 420). Any 3 that carries #Le Mans tag is also debunked by Mark IV + XJ13 + C9. At least some of those claims aren't likely to be true, and it's natural to suspect the credibility of other claims when some of them isn't right.

At this moment, there are only two considerable options remaining. 917K + Mark IV + something (most likely 787B, XJR-9, or F1 GTR) or Mark IV + 330 P4 + XJ13. Trophy won't pop in both cases, since we don't have that something or 330 P4 yet. Out of these two, the former is more likely, since both 917K and Mark IV says the same thing on their descriptions; that it is one of the most significant models in motorsport history or has a special place in motorsport history, whereas XJ13 doesn't have such thing as it never raced on Le Mans.

• 917K: (snipped) making it one of the most significant models in motorsports history.
  • Mark IV: (snipped) because of these facts that the Ford Mark IV has a special place in motorsport history

48 minutes ago, GrimmSCP said:

Jaguar D-Type - 24hr Le Mans winner

962C '88 is a wrong year model because XJR-9 '88 won both Le Mans and Daytona in that year. Same goes for D-Type '54. If they're included, then no reason not to include R92CP since R91CP won Daytona 24 in 1992, or Ford GT40 Mark I '66 (GT40 Mark II '66 won Le mans in 1966). Also, if these are included, then 917K and XJR-9 are surely double winners for both Le mans and Daytona, because they're the same model year car with a different livery.

13 minutes ago, barra333 said:

This thread will lose it's collective shit if this turns out to be correct and the trophy is effectively "complete menu book #50". 

Haha :D 

I don't understand why people dont go and play something else, until someone figures out what cars work for the trophy. People could save all the stress and speculation that way :)

26 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I don't understand why people dont go and play something else, until someone figures out what cars work for the trophy. People could save all the stress and speculation that way :)

But if everyone starts playing something else, who is gonna figure it out?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Okay, let me paint a more detailed picture :) I thought it was obvious, but i will spell it out. 

Those guys, who are almost losing their minds, and hate the grind and dont find joy in playing satans work at all, might find some peace and joy in other games, while some other people, who actually wanna play the game, finds the answer to this riddle. 

Just like waiting for at guide. There's always someone who enjoys pain, who will find out. YOU don't have to do it, if you hate doing it. Just relax, play something else. NO one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, is forcing you to platinum this game right now (or ever), if it ruins your mood in a way that's almost unhealthy forou mentally :) 

Well, platinum hunting can be stressful, especially when a trophy is so vague and expensive. But it's what we know comes with it. And you know sometimes people wanna vent their frustrations. As a premium member of this site I think you know that very well.

Edited by DutchJordi
  • Like 3

This trophy is way too expensive at cost and time. The description to achieve this should be more specific, if any. One can be outrageous if a lot of grinding or wallet money is put but no trophy. 

Edited by ssysteve

3 hours ago, Tsundokuist said:

I still have a slight suspicion these 3 cars will appear as a post-launch cafe menu and the cars will be prizes.

- A menu fits the trophy being 3 cars.

- A menu is usually a lesson and “Le Mans Legends” would introduce Gr.1 (Le Mans car) events perfectly.

- We saw Jimmy Fallon had a build of the game with Gr.1 races launch week so that’s likely dlc/post-launch content they had planned from the beginning.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you may indeed be right.

It is odd that there are 39 cafe menus, so maybe this last Le Mans Menu is No.40.

I wouldnt worry about it being a cafe menu.

They gave a gold trophy for completing 39 menu items. They're not gonna give a silver trophy for completing just one more.

Also how would they make tons of money giving away 3 legendary cars in a menu? Of course they'll be ones you have to spend credits to get.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hobzy said:

I wouldnt worry about it being a cafe menu.

They gave a gold trophy for completing 39 menu items. They're not gonna give a silver trophy for completing just one more.

Also how would they make tons of money giving away 3 legendary cars in a menu? Of course they'll be ones you have to spend credits to get.

Darn, a good point puts pay to that then. 

Back to the grind.

3 hours ago, Dadu_Westside said:

Either:

- The trophy is bugged

They did change the trophy from Le Mans to 24 hours, There has been at least one car that actually had a 24 hour tag so it's possible we are looking for a 24 hour tag and not a le mans one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadu_Westside said:

Either:

- The trophy is bugged

This particular 917K didn’t win any 24hr it races. In 1970 the 24hr Daytona was won by a gulf livery 917K but the race number was 20 not 2 as shown in game. A 917K also won lemans that year but it was a 917KH coupe.

As mentioned by previous posters these very highly priced cars are just credit traps to force people into micro transactions, especially now the credits have been reduced. I think the final car will be priced around the 3-6M mark like the mark IV and C9

Edited by Warlord99956
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

This is exactly what i’ve done. I can’t be bothered with this shit. Especially since 3 of my trophies are glitched as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

This particular 917K didn’t win any 24hr it races. In 1970 the 24hr Daytona was won by a gulf livery 917K but the race number was 20 not 2 as shown in game. A 917K also won lemans that year but it was a 917KH coupe.

As mentioned by previous posters these very highly priced cars are just credit traps to force people into micro transactions, especially now the credits have been reduced. I think the final car will be priced around the 3-6M mark like the mark IV and C9

No. #2 is the winner.

_Daytona-1970-02-01e.jpg

• Like 3